Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3102996 times)

Offline ger

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #8595 on: September 05, 2018, 02:06:17 PM »
oh I want to be there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ger x

Offline Barry

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #8596 on: September 05, 2018, 06:17:40 PM »
Arrived this afternoon in a breezy but warm  Arillas.  Bit of a bumpy landing but on time.
For our transfer we booked " my Corfu driver ". Very impressed. Lovely  chap met us and had a comfy journey in his executive mini bus. Complimentary water,orange or lemonade offered and gratefully received. Cost €58.Definitely use them again. Booked in at Alex studios , had a cuppa and a siesta. Just deciding where to eat tonight. So many  choices.
Barry and Christine.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8597 on: September 05, 2018, 06:43:57 PM »
Spiros , Athina , is very proud of his house wine. One of the few places to open in the Winter. - He looks after us well and , during the Winter , slips in the occassional Cuttlefish , Goat in Wine , Goat Stew , etc. - Plus a super log fire as well.
Cheers
Negg

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8598 on: September 05, 2018, 06:56:32 PM »

Hi

Sitting with Philip having a cold beer Neil what is a super log fire I haven’t seen that on the menu yet is it fiery
 I like spicy hot stuff

Kev

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8599 on: September 05, 2018, 09:28:19 PM »
Hi
Typo error yesterday. We had suckling pig tonight at the athina . Lubbly jubbly. The only strange thing was the apple sauce was hot. Nice to get green vegetables instead of rice.
After Neil’s comments re goat stew I asked about it. They are doing me one tomorrow.
Re Kevin’s comments on spicy food. At home I always have a phal hot + curry
with a side dish of naga chilli.. don’t use the yellow stuff though.
Another good day on the beach, a nice breeze
Geoff
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Offline soniaP

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8600 on: September 05, 2018, 10:04:47 PM »
We had suckling pig when we were there in June. It was very nice.

Offline Graham and Kay

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
  • Wolves are Premier League
« Reply #8601 on: September 05, 2018, 10:43:43 PM »
Looking forward to  get back out to the Tria for our 6th visit next Wednesday.  Need a nice break - this full time retirement is tiring.  Already booked in for next May; just have to wait for Easyjet to release the flights on the 20th of this month.
Wolves are Premier League

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8602 on: September 06, 2018, 01:07:08 PM »
Geoff
Goat stew to order?? - and not on the Menu??? - Special service?? - How did you do that??
and..... Kevin liking saucy hot stuff ?? - Probably when he was young and foolish , me-thinks!!  - (Maybe I read the post wrong)

Arillas today is a pleasant 26 deg , at midday. Spent an early part of the morning looking for one of our cats and then much garden work. Hope to take advantage of the 26 deg , this afternoon, and relax - No darts for a change. -maybe
Cheers
Negg

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8603 on: September 06, 2018, 04:39:28 PM »
Hi
Spiro wants some mustard next year in return for the goat lol
Geoff
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8604 on: September 06, 2018, 07:16:11 PM »

Hi all

No pics today was on north  beach I can’t put those pics on
A light breeze but nice 👍 got lots of sunshine there was quite a few people on the beach
Having a chat with Philip with a cold drink

Kevin

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8605 on: September 06, 2018, 09:55:37 PM »
Hi
No doubt we saw you at one time on the beach today, Val saw nothing  special that took Her attention but there again nothing does, so she says ,lol
Geoff

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8606 on: September 07, 2018, 08:26:37 AM »

Hi all
0815 sunny no breeze just having a brew tea. Last night went to Athena I had goat stew it was so tender
Beverly had prawn saganaki as mains they made it a bit larger because it is a starter very good around tavern

Geoff was that you with your mustard pot in your lap hiding your modesty 🤣

Kevin  an Beverly

Offline soniaP

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8607 on: September 07, 2018, 09:48:22 AM »
Today starts in Yorkshire and hopefully we will arrive in Arillas before midnight and the bar at Bardis sun is still open. Just finishing packing. See you soon Arillas.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8608 on: September 07, 2018, 11:45:29 AM »
Very pleased the Goatt Stew went down well and hope Kevin, that when you came to pay , you asked for the "Billy"!!! (I can never resist saying that!)
Shame on you for not introducing yourself to Geoff. He may have shared that mustard. Or maybe he recognised you and that's why he was hiding it.
Cheers
Negg

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8609 on: September 07, 2018, 03:22:21 PM »

Hi

Very hot to day clouds coming in 1500hrs Yannis says rain and thunderstorms but what dose he know 😂
We booked a trip to othoni tomorrow we have never been there we have done all the other small islands around Corfu  so no rain please.
Brouklis tonight lamb chops for me just to make sure his running the joint to satisfactory haha

Graham when you come out Wednesday Yannis will tell you all about his new lawn mower just say ye I got one better
As you can see Yannis is very busy hahaha

K&B

Booking.com