Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3101445 times)

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #7950 on: April 10, 2016, 09:36:33 PM »
Good to see "Boston Bob" bobbing along, on his way to Boston and "Rocky Creek" up there without a paddle.
Anyway,  I think everyone's a winner as all came home safely.( Who backed the winner then??)

I lost merrily all the £8 and another £2 at work sweep stakes on the horses. I actually gave the £1 to the lady who blindly picked Rule The World from the wine bucket at work so I feel touched by the Lady Luck even though by a second hand ;)

And it is only short 41 sleeps until I get to Arillas! Life is GOOG 8)
Life is good ;)

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #7951 on: April 10, 2016, 10:50:41 PM »
Had the winner ...... perhaps my luck is changing ! Saying that I gave the slip to my eldest and said "there you go, I doubt it will come in but its yours if ir does...."
Perhaps my lucks NOT changing !! Lol
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7952 on: April 14, 2016, 05:32:15 PM »
"WEBEANSPOILT2DAY! with 26 deg at 4pm and a sunny day that makes you wear dark glasses when driving or you get weapy eyes!!
(I won't talk about sweaty armpits in casse it offends some one)

A super day with Beach point customers having a bevvy plus Sharon's pool Bar open with all enjoying the sun and "Kostas on Beach" with fresh faces eating more food than I could destroy in 48 hours!!

Super , nice , WOTMORECANISAY?? - Well..... Brouklis is open from Saturday evening!

SAYSTALLGUYS!!!

Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7953 on: April 15, 2016, 04:42:53 PM »
Just another little "ditty" for y'all.

Only 23 deg this afternoon but much "goings ons" all around Arillas. Looking good and taking shape.

There are many French "day tripping" Tourists visiting at the moment. I am told they are based in Paleokatrista and have taken advantage of the Ryanair Flights which are now active direct from France.

This can only be good for all places that are opening earlier than usual.

Cheers
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7954 on: April 16, 2016, 06:10:47 PM »
26 deg today and Arillas Beach is taking shape very nicely indeed. - Give it another week. I think there is more space this year. (We shall see)
So.....
WOTCANISAY?? - Well.........
...... Sunbeds already out at Tria Adelphia.
........ Rainbow working away this PM.
....... Something "Fishy" going on at Thomas's.
....... Sharon's shaping shipshape. (Try saying that after a few Ouzos!)
....... Horizon looking good as are Vinceremos and Grazella. (New flooring/tiling . I think, at Grazella? - WOTSALLTHATABOUT?)
....... Portofino , as usual , going that extra kilometre, as they do every year.
...... Armourada poised to be back next week. - Busy bees they are . Leon always wants it to be at their best.
...... Brouklis poised for tonight. (Reckon Dimi needs a haircut though!!)
...... Hotel Marvel Pool , looking a real gem this year. (But then it looks a real gem , every year)

and....... I saw our first "Shower Cubicle Blue wooden thingy" being sited this afternoon. So maybe not long for the bench to appear back in it's prime position on the end of the jetty.
(So much to see but only 2 eyes to see it with!!)

Cheers
Negg

Offline patrickjohn

• Lincolnshire Yellow Belly
  • ARILLIAC
  • PJM
« Reply #7955 on: April 16, 2016, 06:49:16 PM »
Thanks Eggy for the update on the awakening Arillas.  Its always an exciting time when a resort opens up at the beginning of the season.  I was brought up at Cleethorpes and remember the same sort of happenings.  Easter was usually the signal for some to open and then Whitsun for all the rest.  I was always keen for the opening of the huge open air swimming pool so I could buy my season ticket - was in Speedos even 60 years ago!

1956 by pj's memories, on Flickr

My book"A Policemance Tale" at Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B8BD9MWM

Offline Jersey Bean

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #7956 on: April 16, 2016, 09:23:38 PM »
Oh that's lovely. Is it still there ?

Offline patrickjohn

• ARILLIAC
  • PJM
« Reply #7957 on: April 16, 2016, 10:11:30 PM »
Answering Jersey Bean: Sadly they replaced it with an indoor pool about 35 years ago.  That however has the advantage of year round opening.  Another pic from Cleethorpes Bathing Pool 1951 with me and my sister.

1951 Cleethorpes Pool by pj's memories, on Flickr 

Offline Jersey Bean

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #7958 on: April 16, 2016, 10:38:23 PM »
Fabulous. I love looking at people's photos.  Have a fabulous holiday in Arillas. We have not been for a couple of years but hoping to book Kaloudis for next year.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7959 on: April 17, 2016, 12:05:11 PM »
Thanks Eggy for the update on the awakening Arillas.  Its always an exciting time when a resort opens up at the beginning of the season.  I was brought up at Cleethorpes and remember the same sort of happenings.  Easter was usually the signal for some to open and then Whitsun for all the rest.  I was always keen for the opening of the huge open air swimming pool so I could buy my season ticket - was in Speedos even 60 years ago!

1956 by pj's memories, on Flickr

They look like the same ones, to me, PJ
Negg

Offline patrickjohn

• ARILLIAC
  • PJM
« Reply #7960 on: April 17, 2016, 01:36:41 PM »
Often wish for a day or two back in the past, but you have to live for the day don't you Negg.  Am really looking forward to our return visit to Arillas.  It seems to get better every year, and I love your reports on the behind the scenes work which goes on to ensure our enjoyment of our holidays.  Sadly I no longer have the swimwear I wore 60 years ago, which is perhaps as well, since my waist has expanded somewhat since those days.
I see looking at my Sunday Telegraph that temperatures are well up now in Corfu while here they stay very low.  Looking forward to more reports of day to day doings in Arillas.  Best wishes to all Forum Fans - Pat

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7961 on: April 17, 2016, 05:15:41 PM »
You're a super sport , PJ, and I love the banter with you.

We sit here, on 24 deg , at 5pm and all is "Bees Knees" - "Wot doctor ordered" - "Hunky Dory"  - Take the one quip that suits you!

This , guys , is what life is all about. - I sit at Beach Point, having a chat with Lezsek n Angie and then visit Kostas Beach for a few throws at a dartboard and then sitting having many jokes and smiles with Vasillis n Telos n Irini who had finished their cooking/serving duties for yet more very nice customers.
A super English family there this afternoon and I am sure they had a good relaxed time.
(Young Sebastian now has the nick name "O Kirios Michelin" - Please use this if you visit in the Summer. (Michelin Man, it means, but all is taken in fun_)
(In French you can call him Monsieur TUBBY - He takes it all in fun. - Anyway he eats tooooo much!!)

Armourada continues it's Summer re-vamp and will get many there , again , this Summer , including moi n Wegg.
Brouklis , I am told had a good first night , but then we all knew that before it opened.
Thallasa having a real spruce up and it will not be long before bums are at the tables.

Tonight will see the "Eggs" eating at Kostas on the Beach, with the Linnakis Duo. Do I have the Chicken Curry , freshly cooked by Tolis, son of Vasillis, or do I go for the giant beefsteak which Vasillis cooks very well , topped with onions.
BUGGER - I hate making decisions - I'm retired!!!!
Cheers
Negg

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #7962 on: April 17, 2016, 11:16:16 PM »
Now I am in bits wishing that Jen and I could have shared an Arillas Odyssey with the Egg and the shells - Eggletons and McIntyres - at Kostas on-the-beach. I have been coping with a whole year away from Arillas until now, but tonight I have collapsed. Like so many others, I cannot WAIT to be back where I belong.

Thanks for keeping Arillas Today alive Eggy.
Phil

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #7963 on: April 18, 2016, 04:19:35 PM »
All the Eggs seem to be sunny side up which is nice :) I have only 33 short sleeps until I go home for a few days to charge my batteries after my second stint of Jury Service in the Old Bailey and nutty busy spring at work ;)

Cold Royal Ionian Gold at Sharon's Pool Bar.... *deep sigh*
Life is good ;)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7964 on: April 19, 2016, 12:25:54 PM »
Arillas today sees Wegg off, to the UK, for a week which means Arillas , this week will have a few Taverna visits from me!!
(Either that or cold pedigree chum on toast - Toast?? - Wots Toast??) - To be fair she has left me ample ready meals in the Freezer. (Where's the freezer??)

55 mins , leisurely drive , to the Airport, this morning but just a word of caution for those driving out from the Airport.
Corfu Town is now operating "Open Top" double decker buses for sightseeing tours around Corfu. A main route for these seems to be along the "Sea Front" past the castle / Coach area and then through the one way system just after the cricket pitch. Any bus/coach going this route is bound to be held up by badly parked vehicles. (Or slow horse drawn carriages) The bus eventually turns into the car park just after the Lisbon area. (Well, the one in front of me did)

So.... take that route, out of Corfu,  but beware it could be a very long and frustrating journey.

Anyway.... 24 deg at midday and rising. Very warm and no breeze here at Kavaddades. I imagine the same can be said for Arillas.
Rain forecast for end of week but y'all know how these forecasts change.

Cheers
Negg

Booking.com