Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3101752 times)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #7935 on: April 08, 2016, 09:36:14 AM »
"Kostas on the Beach" is open from Wednesday to Sunday , from around 1:30 pm through to the evening, and food and drink are available.

Beach Point is open from around 1:30 pm ish , every day, but food generally only available Friday/Saturday/Sunday evenings.
(Although if you ask for a lunchtime snack I am sure Christos would put something together for you)

Armourada will supply you an afternoon tipple and a small evening menu.

You may find Sharon at her pool bar. She would probably be working away but I'm sure a morning coffee or drink could be rustled up.

I believe that Kostas/Sophia Marvel will , with a days notice, prepare an evening delight for you.

Nothing I have found open , yet , in Ag.Giorgos, but Ag.Stehanos looks to be coming alive.

But "Night Owl" Afionas is open every evening from tonight (Friday) -You should also catch a lunchtime drink there as well.

Further afield is , of course, Mon Amour, Kavaddades for evening meals and "The School House" in Aspiotades (Before Agros)

Spoilt for chice , in Sidari , with "Bavias" , and "Chinatown" open weekends , plus a few others around the "Sea Monkey" end of Sidari.
(Bavias stuffed Bifteki - The best around , in my opinion)

The only other icing on the cake, for you, would be a nice warm weekend and with an 18deg start , this morning, fingers are crossed.

Cheers
Negg

Offline cypress

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #7936 on: April 08, 2016, 11:16:32 AM »
Thanks for taking the time to report Eggy. I've just spent a couple of dreamy minutes imagining myself at all of those places. 

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #7937 on: April 08, 2016, 03:44:32 PM »
So warming up nicely in Arillas - yeeeeiiiii! Hope you get to see the Grand National somewhere tomorrow Eggy ;)
Life is good ;)

Offline soniaP

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7938 on: April 08, 2016, 04:03:28 PM »
Hi Suzy - yeah I did mean Costas on the Beach and thanks Eggy for clarifying when food is served at Costas and Beachpoint. I also love the Gyros from there Suzy. Not been to Costas for a few years. Might give it a try again this year.

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #7939 on: April 08, 2016, 05:25:30 PM »
Sonia....we visited Kostas twice last year and on both occasions we had a fantastic meal! It was very busy and maybe a little under staffed therefore we had to wait a while in between courses. However, that's never a problem for us as we're quite happy to sit and watch the sunset and listen to the waves while, sipping our drinks, in fact far better than being rushed.
The food was definitely worth the wait and we wished we had visited there more often. We ate there on our last two nights. The staff as in most places in Arillas were extremely friendly, apologetic for the wait and couldn't do enough for us.
If it's as good as last year then you won't be disappointed!

Suzy X

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7940 on: April 08, 2016, 05:57:59 PM »
Suzy61

Take it from me when I say that Vasillis, in the kitchen, tries as much as he can to produce freshly cooked food.
This does take time and even so during the Winter, when it is "Technically Quiet".
Fun to see though when he cooks the chicken in the wine sauce!! - Flames coming out of the pan which we enjoy viewing through the serving hatch.

National tomoorow. - Kostas on the Beach should be showing it. If not link into their Wi-Fi and watch it on yer laptop.
Will the first be the last in this race , I ask. ??? - The Last Samurai. - Will I commit "Hari-Kiri" if it does not come in the first 4??
(Watch out for "Ballycasey" - A big price for a forgotten horse. - May just say "I'm Back!!!!"

Cheers
Negg

Offline Jersey Bean

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #7941 on: April 08, 2016, 06:05:34 PM »
Eggy you've gone for the same horse as Kane, hope you both win. I have gone for Boston Bob after Captain Bob 😀.

Offline Corfusoon

• Helios Court Villa
  • Arillas Addict
  • Helios Court Arillas Corfu
    • Luxury Villa in Arillas
« Reply #7942 on: April 08, 2016, 06:12:53 PM »
Thank you kindly Eggy.

Will drop you a line. Hopefully catch up with yourself and Wendy next week.
Style, Luxury, Tranquillity
Helios Court Villa, Arillas, Corfu.
http://www.corfuvilla.holiday

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7943 on: April 08, 2016, 06:47:23 PM »
Jersey Bean

Boston Bob, I hope, will bob up and down in the same spot and probably has more chance of getting to Boston than he has as winning the National.

Now.... Have I truly put "Eggy" on face with that quip??

Corfusoon - Hope to catch up with you as quickly as the Last Samurai catches up with , and goes past the National 2nd place.

Cheers
Negg

Offline Jersey Bean

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #7944 on: April 08, 2016, 09:27:19 PM »
Lol Eggy as long one of us wins. Corfusoon make sure you go to the magnificent Night Owl 😀

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #7945 on: April 08, 2016, 09:39:43 PM »
I got Boston Bob and Rocky Creek £2 each way. Go horses! 😉
Life is good ;)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7946 on: April 08, 2016, 10:37:15 PM »
Erja

I have stuck my neck out, already , on Boston Bob, which is more than Rocky Creek will do, because his jumping will be "Rocky" from the 1st and he will be ...
..... "Up the creek" after halfway!! -  A long neck would be required to win from that!
Anyway.... WOTDOIKNOW!!?? - especially when a 1-5 "nailed on" favourite falls at the 9th , today.

A happy Arillas today and although much rain, around 6pm ish, still ends with a dry 18 deg outside. - Weekend looks good.

Cheers
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7947 on: April 09, 2016, 06:00:43 PM »
Dat 'ole Grand Nat will be with us in around 1hr 20 so , regardless of any gambles have made, we all hope that all horses and Jockeys get around safely.

Meanwhile...... Arillas , albeit with 24mm of overnight rain , has turned out to be yet another dry n good afternoon, Currently enjoying 20 deg at 6 pm ish so what more do we need.

(Maybe an 80/1 winner of the National????)

Cheers
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7948 on: April 10, 2016, 04:02:39 PM »
So , the "Last Samuri" did not finish last but could not "Rule the World" in yesterdays Grand National. Although a 2nd spot , backed each way , may just buy a small snack for us, Good to see "Boston Bob" bobbing along, on his way to Boston and "Rocky Creek" up there without a paddle.
Anyway,  I think everyone's a winner as all came home safely.( Who backed the winner then??)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Overnight rain here , which petered out, around 2pm gave us a 45mm "fall" so I hope that tomorrow morning will get us back in the garden to make sure that the peas, beans and potatoes have not drowned.

My hat must come off to "Kostas on the Beach" for Winter opening. Over the last 2 weeks they have enjoyed the company of French, Swiss, Belgium, German and English Tourists all looking for somewhere to sit enjoy a meal and a drink combined with a beach view. (And Irini speaks French!!)
Hat off , also to Arillas Beach point looking after , not only Winter guests but us locals. We have been spoilt for choice here, from October 2015 with Mon Amour, Night Owl, Kostas and Beach Point and a little car ride to Sidari gives us another selection of good places to be,

Meanwhile...... those lovely little "Good to be ats" are preparing from late Aril/early May such as Rainbow, Tris, Marvel and who can forget Brouklis?
...Plus all others whose Winter re-furbs will, I am sure bring them many old friends and new to spend time with them.

You lucky people!!!

Cheers
Negg

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #7949 on: April 10, 2016, 07:41:35 PM »
You lucky people!!!

And we know it...

Anyone who finds Arillas and connects with the local people will have won more than the competition, the Grand National, the Lottery... Jen and I are so privileged to be a little part of it.

Phil

Booking.com