Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3102015 times)

Karen/Colin and 26 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #7830 on: October 24, 2015, 04:29:07 PM »
Twas a pleasant "Arillas Today" Val n Bill. .... and no holds on hat or even grabbing the Ouzo glass. Sea looked rough but jus over that Arillas "wall" was a pussy cat. Beach Point enjoyed as did many at Sharons, this afternoon. Scottish Yiannis home tomorrow. Sad man he is to be leaving.
(Mind you , nervous passenger that he is, once he's in that Punto just watch his blood pressure!!!!! - He will be glad to get on that plane)

Arillas has been slightly punished by the recent bad weather. --------
--------But I take this perspective. Arillas looks like a guy that has not shaved for 2 weeks as his wife  is away.
When she gets back she will never know!!! Stubble gone and smooth little devil back again.

All in all , 19 deg average is not to be sniffed at and occasional bad weather at this time of year is a small price to pay nature for being kind to us!!

Cheers
Negg

Or.... you could have a dry 23 deg today. (Weather , not me!!)
Negg

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #7831 on: October 24, 2015, 11:08:59 PM »
Normally we would be there right now. But Jen just can't cope with Gatwick Airport any more, and the flights from Bristol have ended. Stupid really - those last flights are inevitably crammed solid, and I am sure there is a viable market for Bristol to continue until November.

However, the die is cast and we are booked properly from 4 to 27 July with Poppy and Spiros. Might just manage Easter if the flights are available. In any case, we are coming back next September and staying until November. All we need is the right place for longer stays - cooking, bathing, internet etc. Not too far out. Any suggestions?

Phil

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7832 on: October 25, 2015, 12:32:24 AM »
Phil

Have you asked Dimitris (Brouklis) about his appt alongside his Restaurant.?? (Where he and Litsa lived before they moved.)

Negg

Offline cypress

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #7833 on: October 25, 2015, 10:51:17 AM »
I think you'll need somewhere without steps? The only place that I can come up with that's central to everything is the Marina apartments?

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7834 on: October 25, 2015, 11:29:18 AM »

Marina usually closes mid October Karen. Phil have you thought about getting in touch with Angela? She does long lets  on all the of the family properties. I know the houses are a little far out but transport could always be hired I suppose. Her apartments are also very spacious as well.

Also I forgot to tell all of you Arilliacs who stay at the Bardis Sun studios that you will have a newly tiled pool next season......Bobby and family were working very hard while we were there. All that was left was a pool shaped hole in the ground. When the storms came it filled up on its own!! Hope they were able to pump the muddy water out. 😀

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7835 on: October 25, 2015, 07:06:47 PM »
Tis been a good 'ole day , here today. Warm, dry and easy on the brain cells.
But.... We may pay for it this evening as the temp has dropped to 16deg at 7pm. - 16deg?? - WOTSALLTHATABOUT??

Wegg still in the UK and another week to go. Busy man , am I, "keeping house" . Roast Chicky tonight with roast spuds, carrots and beans.
(I still got it!! - DONCHYERKNOW?) - But I may leave the washing up.

Cheers
Negg

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7836 on: October 25, 2015, 07:24:24 PM »

Enjoy your dinner Neill, we have just done the washing up after ours (well Bill did) it's only 5.20pm and its pitch black outside as the clocks went back lasts night.

Just think next Sunday you can put your feet up while Wendy slaves over a hot stove, take care until then.

Val x

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #7837 on: October 25, 2015, 10:50:53 PM »
PhilnJen also put the clocks back. £4000 just spent on replacing the heating boiler, which now gurgles like dear Erja telling us "life is goog" and pleading for a beer at Rainbow. Heat is expensive here... but very good. Dear Erja would somehow understand this... Something about Preston.... So would riggers! Nostalgia.

Phil

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7838 on: October 26, 2015, 04:57:42 PM »
PhilnJen also put the clocks back. £4000 just spent on replacing the heating boiler, which now gurgles like dear Erja telling us "life is goog" and pleading for a beer at Rainbow. Heat is expensive here... but very good. Dear Erja would somehow understand this... Something about Preston.... So would riggers! Nostalgia.

Phil

Phil , please tell me you put an extra zero in that by mistake. How many rooms are you heating?? Have I lost track on prices?
I would have gurgled for much less than that!!!

But.... maybe that boiler would be good here for Arillas Today as I feel a tad cold with 19 deg. - May put heating on.

Cheers Guys
Negg

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7839 on: October 27, 2015, 08:16:48 PM »
__Cheshire Today.

Well I have been out nearly all day, thought that I would start my Christmas shopping early this year, and actually bought a few things....but sadly came home to find not one post on the forum, seems Eggy is still lying prone after discovering the price that  poor Phil and Jen's new boiler cost.

Hope all you other Arilliacs are not in the same way indisposed......we all know living in the UK is quite expensive.  That's just one of the reasons we wish we lived in Arillas, and maybe not spent a day out in the drizzle Christmas shopping early with a massive traffic jam on the way home 😠!!

Hope it wasn't cold enough for you to have to put your heating on Neill, and your Arillas Today was dry and sunny, are you eating well? Too many gyros with Christos  is  is not good for your waist line. Wendy might be coming home to a slightly bigger Eggy then she eggspects at the weekend. Lol x

Well I have written this mail in between cooking dinner so I hope that a couple of posts have appeared, or are you all stuck in the same type of traffic jam I was.

Val x

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7840 on: October 27, 2015, 08:28:30 PM »
Yes Val been quiet on the forum and as I am not on Facebook, I am missing all the news.
Perhaps everyone is taking a long sigh of relief now they have got their flights booked.

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7841 on: October 27, 2015, 08:58:24 PM »

Don't do FB either Sonia....just think that if the forum isn't used frequently during the closed season that so many people will miss out on this great informative asset that Arillas has.

Val x

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #7842 on: October 27, 2015, 10:15:39 PM »
I know my boiler has nothing to do with Arillas, except that finding 4 grand (yes Eggy, the last 0 was true) has had quite an effect in terms of plans - of which mine are always about Corfu. In any other year it would have seen cancellation, but the new pension laws have saved us and we are coming in July for certain!

We have missed our autumn stay, when just about everything is closed except Armourada, Beach Point and Marvel. But we have had our best times then, as many others could. Well, maybe if a few more venues could stay open. All they need is customers....

Thank you Neill for Arillas Today on forum all year. I for one have enjoyed it as usual.
Phil

Offline cypress

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #7843 on: October 27, 2015, 10:56:40 PM »
What a lovely post Val.

I'm not a Facebook person either Sonia, am I missing out even though I'm happy to pop in here once or twice a day? I'd rather support a forum dedicated to my paradise rather than a big gun site like Facebook, I don't think they'd miss, or need, my rambling contributions anyway :-)

On my side of the hill of the Pennines it's half-term so, perhaps, that's one of the reasons why it's quiet on the Arillas Forum front too?

I've just arrived home from a meal with good friends (Eric's; a posh spot in Huddersfield and very nice even when, like me, you're not posh) and even then, after delicious food with delicious friends, I had an 'Arillas moment'. Never goes away does it? Apart from when we're there ..........

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7844 on: October 27, 2015, 11:27:13 PM »
Arillas Today?? - Dry n quiet n peaceful , in a sad sort of way.  Night Owl , Afionas , is their last week for grub every evening. They were entertaining two very nice German couples tonight plus many locals waiting for an "important" football match. (Barcelona was mentioned - WOTDOIKNOW?)
I sit nicely , at 11pm here, with a sorta respectable 15deg outside whilst all 3 moggies purr away gently in various spots of the lounge.
(Wegg is back from the UK , Friday so they have to make the most of it)

And................. 4 grand for a boiler , Phil?? - That would buy you 5 Punto's like mine and still give you change to fill the tanks.
 (Probably the boiler is a better buy!! - My heater does not work in the Punto - But then I can't park your boiler outside Armourada)

Tis a big Bank Holiday here tomorrow. Check it out and answers on a postcard. WOTBANKOLIDAY??

And.... Cypress , your rambling contributions are appreciated by all but you have to go a long "rambling" way to beat mine.

And..... Val , I put the heating on tonight, but didn't need to. - I just haven't been spoilt for 10 days so have to pamper myself. 22 deg in the house!!

Cheers
Negg

Booking.com