Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3101414 times)

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #7815 on: October 06, 2015, 03:57:01 PM »
..... my soul is sorted for a while!

What an apt way of describing the effect of Arillas! Good to hear you had a blast Cheryl :)
Life is good ;)

Offline Val n Bill

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7816 on: October 07, 2015, 09:49:59 AM »

Well Arillas Today keeps marching on.....and I now have 20 mozzie bites about my person!!
Guess they are fatteningng themselves up for winter ha ha .

It been lovely meeting some new faces who were already friends on the forum and also making new friends as well. Must agree that this is a lovely time of year to visit Arillas. We particularly enjoy the fact that everyone seems to have time to chat because the restaurants are not as hectic.

The weather is beautiful and many bodies lying around pools soaking it all up. Keeping our fingers crossed that it lasts, but if it changes it won't worry us.

And yes I can only agree with Cheryl our lunchtime meet was full laughter and great fun, Viv.... Bill is sorry he forgot to pack his stilettos and fishnet stockings!!

We are here until 16th October... so we just intend to go with the flow.... so if anyone recognizes us just say hello. OMG just realised that rhymes. 😂

Val x

The love affair continues.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7817 on: October 19, 2015, 03:45:44 PM »
Val n Bill have departed, which seems just like yesterday to me, and have taken all the mozzie bites with them. Rumour has it that Bill will be keeping a space in his suitcase, for those fishnet stockings, next Summer. (Should cause a big stir on a table at Coconut, one evening!!)

Arillas today finishes us with a 22 deg and sunny outside at 3pm. And...with around 20mm of rain , since Friday this is a bonus for all.
I say "for all" but there are only a few "die hards"  here now. Poor things roaming around like well dressed zombies from the walking dead trying to find somewhere open for food,  (Doesn't have to be BRAINS , a gyros will do!!)

And ,good to see a few intrepid travellers, in their hire cars, which still haven't been fitted with rear view mirrors & indicators, but they stop just fine (anywhere)

Arillas front looks a piccie and 3 people enjoying the bench this afternoon.  Arillas beach point, Ammos and Sharons open , all that I can see plus of course Armourada and Marvel. Rainbow closed yesterday and had a drink there today, feeling guilty watching a very busy family on clear up duties.
(No dartboard on the wall now?? - WOTSALLTHATABOUT??)

There will be much packing away of Summer furniture over the next 2 weeks, me-thinks, at many places, and then "Olive Time" will be upon all.
Not a lot of opportunity to rest for all these guys. And me?? just a dartboard or good company or both , plus a beer and I am a happy man.

Kalo Himona - Good Winter to all.
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7818 on: October 20, 2015, 06:27:07 PM »
Arillas Today is gracefully falling into hibernation.

[/I do hope all you Arilliacs are not going to follow suit????size]

I may have to get my 'ole Ouija board out ""Is anybody there?

Cheers
Negg

Offline Steve & Carole

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #7819 on: October 20, 2015, 09:24:44 PM »
Me for one Neill!

Offline cypress

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #7820 on: October 20, 2015, 10:51:14 PM »
I'm here Neill. Only, I wish I was there!

Arillas and its inhabitants sound to be battening down for a winter free from tourists. I, for one, will be back again next year and I'm sure there'll be plenty more Arillas returners for you to share a drop or two of the good stuff, and have a good old natter with. I hope to be one of them in July 2016 just as we did on that special afternoon this year at the Bardis Studios.

Hope your ribs are healed after your fall? You know what will strengthen the costal cartilage ..... a spot of Yoga :-)

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7821 on: October 20, 2015, 11:31:20 PM »
I am only here to see if you ever sold this bike Neil?

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7822 on: October 20, 2015, 11:34:58 PM »
And whilst I am here......Blimey don't this lot look a lot younger?

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7823 on: October 21, 2015, 12:48:05 AM »
Excellent Guys!!!

Still saving for that 2nd tyre , Terry.

What was that film??? - "The Loneliness of a long distance drinker" ??

Signing off from an Arillas today which finishes on a dry 18deg plus a smiley face!

Negg

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #7824 on: October 21, 2015, 01:04:04 AM »
Sad to see "Arillas Today" going into hibernation for another year, but such is life. Yiota raised a big issue about the shortening of the "real life" season just this week, on Facebook. It should be much longer and include UK half term at least. But without flights from convenient airports it's a non-starter. Our hosts cannot put on anything for just two or three customers, and not everybody enjoys living in the "Ghost Town" that is so different from the summer. Jen and I have often visited at end October/early November from Gatwick and had amazing weather and in 2008 stayed at Kaloudis that week. The forum is witness to the happy times we have had at the very end of October.

Graziella tonight had at least 25 customers. I saw them on Spiros Bardis' photo posted on Facebook. Many followed with comments that they wanted to be there (including me.) October and Early November are wonderful times already and at least a few want to be there then.

Arillas Today should last at least another month. Maybe we can persuade the airlines to make it happen.

Phil

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7825 on: October 21, 2015, 12:16:22 PM »
Gratzella are doing well by deciding to remain open for a while. I may be wrong but maybe places take it, in turns, on a rota system each Summer.
(May pop there tomorrow morning and see if they are still offering breakfasts)

Still quite a few German travellers around and , Night Owl, last night were dealing with a table of 8 plus another group of 4 that appeared later.
They have a table of 8 , pre-booked for tonight, so good for them. They do "close" for food from the 1st November though reverting back, I think , to meals available Fri/Sat/Sun evenings only.

Tis a shame as, Phil says, October early November time can be ideal for those who want a quiet break but cannot get here.
and.... with todays outside temp, around 20deg, and dry and peaceful, who can blame 'em?
(Just might sit outside Beach Point , this PM, and take teasy with a beer - Gotta support these places which stay open - DONCHYERKNOW?)
Cheers
Negg

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7826 on: October 21, 2015, 01:46:45 PM »

Thomas told Bill and I that Grazella was staying open until the end of the month, apparently a large group of Germans will be there until then. I think he said that they were a large group who always travelled together to stay in Arillas each year. Brouklis will also be open until the end of the month, Amourada and Beachpoint are open throughout the year as usual.

At least the season is being extended by those establishments who remain open. It was sad to see so many places closing as we were leaving at the weekend.

Val x

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7827 on: October 22, 2015, 06:39:53 PM »
And........ Gartzella was still open, at lunchtime, despite bad overnight storms which gave us early morning power cuts plus a 50mm full rain gauge.
(Twas busy there as well - Brekkie tomorrow maybe??)

Should I take my own special tomato sauce Val?

Negg

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7828 on: October 22, 2015, 09:04:41 PM »

Ha ha, if you take it keep your hand on your hat, in case it blows it over into the sea.

Val n Bill x

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7829 on: October 23, 2015, 06:59:38 PM »
Twas a pleasant "Arillas Today" Val n Bill. .... and no holds on hat or even grabbing the Ouzo glass. Sea looked rough but jus over that Arillas "wall" was a pussy cat. Beach Point enjoyed as did many at Sharons, this afternoon. Scottish Yiannis home tomorrow. Sad man he is to be leaving.
(Mind you , nervous passenger that he is, once he's in that Punto just watch his blood pressure!!!!! - He will be glad to get on that plane)

Arillas has been slightly punished by the recent bad weather. --------
--------But I take this perspective. Arillas looks like a guy that has not shaved for 2 weeks as his wife  is away.
When she gets back she will never know!!! Stubble gone and smooth little devil back again.

All in all , 19 deg average is not to be sniffed at and occasional bad weather at this time of year is a small price to pay nature for being kind to us!!

Cheers
Negg

Booking.com