Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3101833 times)

jackson and 13 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #7290 on: August 28, 2014, 11:32:57 PM »
It's official now - All fishing rods have been banned in Arillas.
(Unless you are fishing for a bit of fish , that is)

I had sole/soul yesterday but.. hey man! -that was yesterday. Get down n boogie! WOTSTHATALLABOUT?

C'mon guys , what else do you expect at 11:30 pm with an outside temp of 26 deg??

Negg (Discretely vanishing as it is another day tomorrow - Hopefully, as, I'm not getting any younger!)

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #7291 on: August 30, 2014, 08:31:32 AM »
I have yet to find Erja and Heidi and will keep looking. Very embarrassing slowing down, past Brouklis, as all diners there, see the Punto and dive for cover!! - WOTSALLTHATABOUT?
(Eating Sardines under the table? - Get some chairs , supplied , Brouklis)

Well well, signor Eggy.....I spotted you from Sharon's pool one morning but my blonde head and waving my tattooed arm did not register with you from the water even though you slowed down :(

One afternoon we even walked to WWW to enquire from Margarita that has there been any sightings of you - and I tell you that we had to have many many drinks there after that hot walk ;)

Back home now but please keep Arillas going as Heidi and I have booked with the Boss our next years stay as this year was better than ever 8)

Life is good ;)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7292 on: August 30, 2014, 07:31:23 PM »
Erja

I am soon to do one of the biggest "grovels" ever seen since Arillas Today started life.

I grovel , as I type, even though the outside temp is still 29deg at 7:20pm.
(The temp does not bother me as .... if you gotta grovel , then grovel well , - Temp is irrevellant0

I will grovel when eating my evening meal , thinking how to prepare my new post which, of course, is about how to grovel well but not be seen as a full time groveller
(I confess that I learnt how to grovel from that old Man Utd Goalkeeper - BRUCE GROVELLAR.

I back away , now, from the laptop , in grovel position , and do not look up. - I am not worthy!!!

Cheers

Negg - From a grovelling 29 deg Arillas today and Sunny and enjoyable , even if you're not grovelling!

Offline Chris12

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #7293 on: August 30, 2014, 09:01:43 PM »
Bruce grov played for liverpool not Man U thank you very much neil

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7294 on: August 30, 2014, 10:27:18 PM »
Bruce grov played for liverpool not Man U thank you very much neil

Whoops - You will all now see that there is no end for all the grovelling I have to do.

Anyway , I was thinking of Bruce Grovellar not Bruce Grobbelaar.
(Easy to see how mistakes can be made though) One had a tash and the other had one arm.
... or am I now thinking of the guy in goal when they recently played MK DONS??

Football? - WOTDOIKNOW?

Cheers
Negg

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #7295 on: August 31, 2014, 09:56:37 AM »
No groveling necessary Signor Eggy :D Enjoy the balmy evenings and still hot days in Arillas and next year we will fix the date, time and where the X marks the spot where we meet ;)
Life is good ;)

Offline pussinflipflops

« Reply #7296 on: August 31, 2014, 10:24:37 PM »
Been a luffly sunny day today as was Yesterday.  And no doubt will be tomorrow.  Beach very busy today..hopefully after weekend will quieten down. :-)

..have met Dorothy who is also at the Marina. Might have given her nightmares last night with a dead body story of mine ..whooops !

Dined last night at Thalassa..not impressed at all. In fact shocked at what they served me that I forgot to complain. :-(  (think overcooked undeveined dry hard king prawns in a tomato sauce a diabetic would have loved on undercooked spaghetti ).  However. Just had a superb massive fillet steak at the Marina and now have to roll home !

Eggy...there's a beer with your name on it if you ever show yer ugly mug !

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7297 on: August 31, 2014, 10:43:55 PM »
Puss in Flip Flops ?? - Had a lovely feline friend like that once but gave her away 'cause she was always "tap" dancing. - Kept falling off into the sink (Just try dancing in flippy floppers ,you'll understand!)
Beware my ugly mug at Rainbow tomorrow PM , after 3, or Marvelous Tuesday evening.
Keep my name on that Beer - I'm on a mission now!
(Look out for man in Punto holding sign saying "Waiting for a beer to appeer"

Weather forecast does not look "Dory Hunky" from late tomorrow afternoon. Rain Me-thinks?

Meanwhile , tonight at 23 deg I feel a tad upset that a meal did not come up to the expectations of the diner and although not everything goes to plan, in this world, we can still all bounce back.
---- As Puss .................. did.
(Massive fillet steak at Marina now places this on our "Things to Do" for September!)

Be well
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7298 on: September 01, 2014, 06:06:16 PM »
Arillas Today winds down with a 27 deg , still at 6pm.

Rain is odds on favourite for late evening/overnight though.

Storm warning , maybe at Akti tonight! -
-  Timbo , after many beers today may just go for the peppers or anything spicy, - Aaargh !! - Evacuate!

- Keith (Hels Bels) , not to be out done, may just do the same at Rainbow. (So don't evacuate there!)

And moi?  - A Barbie in Ag George is planned. Far enough away from any late night "evacuations!!"

Hmmmm!

Cheers
Negg

Offline pussinflipflops

« Reply #7299 on: September 01, 2014, 06:34:29 PM »
There's a storm brewing ! Beach cleared of sunworshppers by 5.30

Eeeeegy...my arthritic  trotters won't take me to Rainbow...will stick one on the bar with Sharon :-)   Pussinflipflops is much nicer than boots...specially for Arillas.

Despite storm coming..been lovely hot breezy day...am thinking kostas for a feed tonight !! :-)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7300 on: September 01, 2014, 11:02:36 PM »
Ah , the 'ole storm! - We's knows all about the 'ole storms 'earabouts!

Lock up yer shutters and tie the cats to the outside furniture.

Puss in floppy flippers knows wots 'appening!

Having said all that and now got those pirate impersonations outa my system can I say a visit to Sharon's Pool bar is a must avrio. A free beer from a mysterious feline . Hmmmm! Purrrrrfect.

I trust that. you, puss in flippy floppers , with arthritic trotters, had a good meal tonight.
And never worry about arthritic trotters, I have not only the same but also have been told I own "Lucky Legs" = Lucky they don't snap!

The wind blows at 11 pm and outside furniture plus tethered cats flit around the balcony.

Time to go and strap myself to the ships wheel. ( Do I have a ships wheel? )

25 deg and more wind than the Houses of Parliament plus, now , tis raining. - Bugger!

Be well all
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7301 on: September 02, 2014, 05:26:18 PM »
Arillas today has been a little "different"

Overnight rain was recorded at 25mm and during the late morning/early afternoon another 73mm was added. Can't be much rain left "up there" now , Can there???

Cheers
Negg

Offline DaisysMum

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
    • http://www.crazydaisyjewellery.com/
« Reply #7302 on: September 02, 2014, 05:34:39 PM »
We arrived in the midst of the storm last night.  

Fantastic lightening show and rain drops the size of eggs.

Woke up this morning to a brief respite, sat on the balcony with our coffee and sighed....aaaahhhhh, lovely.

The heavens opened again and I went for a refreshing run in the rain whilst other half went to the bakery and shop for our essentials (vodka and coke!).  Now sitting in the bar at Nikos Appts enjoying a beer and the sun has started to shine once more.  Looking forward to eating here this evening.

Becky
X

Offline pussinflipflops

« Reply #7303 on: September 02, 2014, 10:04:06 PM »
Avast me hearties.....plippy plop signing in....

Apart from the thunderstorms today and last night.. a lazy day was spent storm watching..eating and reading.

Just enjoyed Calimari, chips n salad and washed down with choccie fudge cake n cream.. we'll I am on me holibobs :-)

Eeeeegy...Sharon (and poppy the dog) arrived at the Marina this morning drenched and after a swift Half declared today a day off and squelched home.... don't worry the fizzy stuff will await you on a sunny day. :-)

Offline pussinflipflops

« Reply #7304 on: September 02, 2014, 10:22:26 PM »
Just had a thought....been removed to a corner room at the Marina to accommodate peeps who needed twin beds (no rumpy bumpy there then ) get back on track puss

So now I have a corner balcony....wonder if I should do my Titanic impression when the wind starts blowing again.... anyone want tickets ? :-) :-) :-) :-)

Booking.com