Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3101801 times)

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #7275 on: August 24, 2014, 06:34:15 PM »
Lovely pastiche Eggy. Arillas going about its business, nothing new, nothing dramatic. Just Arillas Today. WISH I WERE THERE....

Phil

Online Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7276 on: August 26, 2014, 11:48:44 PM »
Well , Phil...
.... yer missing an Arillas Today which is taking a tea break after, what looked like to me a hectic August.

Wind down time continues at the pace only Arillas knows.

Anyway, good weather will be here for a while but the laid back atmosphere will be here forever
 Me-thinks!.
Can you have a laid back atmosphere? - Should I use "ambience" here? - WOTDOIKNOW?

I know that I "darted" in Sidari tonight and so many people "roaming"
Reminded me of the starting Airport scene in that recent film "Warm Blooded"
Each to their own and no offence meant but I hate to see people outside Tavernas and bars , armed with fishing rod , trying to hook, people in, who all, I am sure , can make their own decisions.
Arillas lets it's guests make their own decisions without  pressure and no pressure on holiday is all that we all ask for.

Having now fallen off my soapbox , I will retire to my bed chamber.

Negg

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7277 on: August 27, 2014, 12:29:03 AM »

Not a soap box at all Neill, just the truth......what you saw tonight is the reason we all love Arillas.   

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7278 on: August 27, 2014, 03:17:25 AM »
And that is exactly what stopped us going to Gratzela for 17 years! The only taverna in Arillas that uses this approach. That said, we did try this year and really enjoyed it and actually the staff, including the 'PA' owner were actually very lovely. Sit down man! That view alone is enough to entice new customers!

Offline Dai

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #7279 on: August 27, 2014, 11:23:22 AM »
That also stopped us going to Gratsella for years but then when we decided to try it we loved it and it became a regular for us. Another lovely family.

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #7280 on: August 27, 2014, 02:56:11 PM »
We feel a little like that about it but have eaten there and it was lovely in fairness :-)
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Online Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7281 on: August 27, 2014, 05:42:24 PM »
Arillas today welcomes Timbo with a 31 deg dry sunny day. (Plus Scottish Yiannis for 2 months!)

Arillas tomorrow will welcome many more, plus those who escaped me on Arillas Today.

Punto is on standby, engine ticking over for Arillas Friday.
(Haven't you Arilliacs got better things to do than stress my Punto out??)

Graziella is a good place to be. They don't need fishing rods anymore. The food, service & view sells itself.

Cheers
Negg

Offline dylan

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #7282 on: August 27, 2014, 09:30:12 PM »
after being in Turkey last year, it annoys us as well, but they have to make a living We suppose! we tried gratsella a few years ago, with some friends, meal was cheap, but not up to the standard of many of the other places in Arillas, might give them a try when we arrive in a couple of weeks, as everyone says, they view sells it alone, cant wait!

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #7283 on: August 27, 2014, 10:38:17 PM »
I once stood outside Brouklis having a smoke, and chatted to a couple who were walking past. I got into so much trouble with the Boss for suggesting they might like to eat at Arillas' most popular place, ie HERE, Brouklis. I guess I had momentarily turned into one of these hustlers who try to drag you into their place! The outcome was merciful - they were Arillas regulars and were going to eat in Brouklis later in any case.

I have never been allowed to forget it by my dear wife, and will never do it again. And I bet Dimitris remembers it too. My excuse? I promote everything Arilliac and after a long day of Mythos, chattering to so many, and Roula's cooking accompanied by the krasi (local wine) I just expressed what I do on forum. "Don't miss this, you will regret it."

Perhaps I am strange, but the hustlers never affect me. If I want to go in I do, and if I don't, I don't. If the place is empty I don't. If it is nearly full of people enjoying it I do. Graziella is largely one of those I do. And in the afternoons it is nirvana.

Phil

Online Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7284 on: August 27, 2014, 10:46:54 PM »
Yer know , Phil......

Sometimes Wegg thinks she is such a bad cook that she sends me up to the side of the road to flag down passing vehicles just so she can find some one to eat it.
(I am a lucky man - Not for her cooking but because she doesn't read the forum!)

Are you still planning an October visit?

Rain forecast for tomorrow? - WOTSALLTHATABOUT?

Cheers All
Negg

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #7285 on: August 28, 2014, 12:11:03 AM »
I have just replied to this topic but on the wrong message board.Just to say that Graziella DO NOT need fishing rods!

Suzy x

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #7286 on: August 28, 2014, 12:41:37 AM »
Neill m8, our first try resulted in a complete NO. SleazyJet wanted £40 each there, but £240 each back.... Carefully engineered for half term.

BUT.....

I am being asked to cover a major staff shortage on my day off each week, and I am demanding that I am allowed to take just enough time off in term time to come in October. Let's see where it lands, but right now I think we probably will do our annual sojourn to Arillas, "all alone and abandoned" in late Octomber, early November. Please wish us luck. Oh BOY do we want to.

Phil

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #7287 on: August 28, 2014, 12:47:21 AM »
Suzy, haven't seen the other post yet (I will...) but already believe you mean how good the food and service is there at Graziella. It is another "must try" simply because of the view to Gravia and beyond, and the superb food. It is the only place in Arillas you can get authentic, home made taramasalata which is only a tiny bit of their offering. Try the Tuna salad, the prawns the... calories!!!

Very best wishes dearest
Phil

Online Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7288 on: August 28, 2014, 06:15:31 PM »
Arillas Today , and I offer many thanks to the "Timbo Duo" who kept me glued to a chair, in Armourada, all afternoon. Much consumed by so few and I think even Lezsek could not keep up!

So nice to have nice chats and not an arrow in sight. This will change, however, when Momo and Dave get here on Friday. Nice chats will have darts "Thrown in" - Tis all good either way.
(I see a Tria Adelphia K/O on the way , next week)

I have yet to find Erja and Heidi and will keep looking. Very embarrassing slowing down, past Brouklis, as all diners there, see the Punto and dive for cover!! - WOTSALLTHATABOUT?
(Eating Sardines under the table? - Get some chairs , supplied , Brouklis)

A hottie of 32 deg at 6pm will , I am sure , keep many on beach n beds, but for me??.............
...........Wegg & I have to plan next week as so many pals are here or, like "Momo" and "Hels Bels" will shortly be arriving. Why do we have so many pals?-I'm sure I have smelly armpits but that does not put them off!!! Change the deodorant maybe, essence of Hedgehog?
(Recommend Hedgehog as a main course anywhere. Comes supplied with toothpicks!!)

Cheers
Negg

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #7289 on: August 28, 2014, 11:16:15 PM »
Phil, you are so right about Graziella being the best view of Gravia Island especially when the sun is setting. It also serves the best homemade tzatziki (in my opinion) in Arillas...sooo much garlic...mmm! We spent far too many lunchtimes there straight off the South Beach eating tzatziki with bread and half a carafe of red wine (and that was just for me!)

It was such hard work having to leave and return to the beach!

Fantastic meals and friendly service in the evenings too! As I've previously said they really DO NOT need fishing rods!

Suzy x

Booking.com