Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3101433 times)

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #7065 on: July 14, 2014, 03:19:09 PM »
Big, emotional goodbyes and hellos are the order in Arillas Today. Classic Monday changeover - yes it still happens.

Bardis Sun Studios are doing what they do best. Welcoming new guests with peals of laughter, beers and BIG hugs. And sadly saying au revoir to some who have shared this last week with likes of PhilnJen. The atmosphere is electric, there is so much emotion there is not a dry eye in the house. I can't begin to describe how much happiness is wafting through the air, mainly because I can't see through the tears rolling down my cheeks.

Jen is on the balcony, and someone just shouted "Where's Phil?" "Have a guess. He's posting Arillas Today" said Jen. Hugs and welcomes complete, I am back here.

The laughter has not subdued at all yet. But they are also looking out for every single one of their guests. Me? I'm getting my body ready for a very tall night, ie sleep and NO Mythos. Well, no more anyway.

Arillas Today has rocked me in the way you all know. Anyone can have this if they come here.

Phil

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7066 on: July 14, 2014, 06:30:40 PM »
Big, emotional goodbyes and hellos are the order in Arillas Today.

That my good 'ole buddy sums it up completely for me. I see and quite often are involved in this from May to October. I value all the new and old faces that I meet every Summer. There is always something that was never discussed and has to go on hold until the following year.

John the Ref n Dot are now here safely and a small Rainbow chat was had. Today was an "Arthur Daley" day for me selling those darts and boards which some of you may be "board" to read. But I get around and meet a few more fresh faces. Forget the sales , the fresh faces are important to all.
(Those old faces never seem to run out of new news!)

Hope I can see more faces tomorrow evening and , Phil n Jen, Margerita (W's) urgently awaits your visit.
She remembers Riggers n Sue as well so let's fire up that 'ole Punto soon.

Tonight I will attempt to out talk all who share a meal with us. --- Poor Sandy , n sis n Bob. Wendy will no doubt hit me with a wet mackerel and tell me to "Calm Down"

Calm down??? - WOTSALLTHATABOUT? -

Enough of this. I may get "emulsional" in a minute!! (Tis like tears but makes a good coat of paint)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Arillas Today sits on 30 deg at 6:35pm and all is well and all are happy bunnies.
Any bunnies not happy will end up in an Armourada Rabbit Stiffado!! (Not on the menu then??)

Cheers
Negg

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #7067 on: July 14, 2014, 06:55:43 PM »
Arillas today has me in situ and ready to two weeks of heaven. Dinner with Phil and Jen will be taking place shortly then a good lip to catch up on lost sleep. Will let you know how it goes avrio. Wish you were here.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #7068 on: July 15, 2014, 01:29:22 AM »
I can report that Arillas is still here. It has survived the onslaught of two couples who love the place so passionately.

Brouklis did us proud as usual, with a reserved sign on the now famous Table 13. And Roula provided Bourdetto, my very favourite Corfiot dish. She should know better than to serve me TWO huge steaks of fish though, I was the only one who could not eat all of the plate. I did my best with the fish though.....

The Nut then entertained us for a couple of hours and I shared a twirl with beloved Yiota. We even managed the hand movements to go back the other way, without falling over. But I did tread on her toes...I am a simple man.

Many others greeted us, and we have learned that Arillas tomorrow will launch us into outer space. We will be at Rainbow for the darts, but must leave early. Perry asked if he should reserve our favourite seats at the Nut for the live music. You can guess that we accepted. (I mistyped "the love music") but edited it.

If I don't post Arillas Today Tomorrow, please forgive me. I am so contented, so loved and so complete, I can no longer care. But I bet I do............ care that is

Phil

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7069 on: July 15, 2014, 04:45:18 PM »
Overnight storm saw today start cool,late breakfast after a sleep catch up. Bumped into Cypress who was CHILLING at the rainbow pool. Last night we enjoyed dinner with Phil and Jen at Brouklis, excellent food with top service. Dimitri got us to model the new arillas.Com signs.
Spent today doing the arillas thing...nothing only CHILLING.
Got a feeling this could be the plan for the next few weeks.
Till the next time,
WISH YOU WERE HERE.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #7070 on: July 16, 2014, 01:42:49 AM »
I don't care if I have one or less readers, Arillas Today was strange.

The weather blew a fuse, and after last night's extremes, which I slept through as usual, electric storms were visible in the sky, but none of them touched us. The winds did touch us though, and the sea was "rough" to quote Poppy Bardis. And she could see this from the Sun Studios.

Strangeness was continued though by justphil, who took the pledge and had NO alcohol all day. Well day ends in the evening.............

Expecting to be visiting Alcoholics Anonymous today, we ate the most AMAZING enchilladas at the Bow for 7 euros. The only problem was the enormous size of the portion. Vicki is yet another talented Greek cook, and they were so delicious. And I only had TWO Mythos with them. But the bill was a joke. The word VALUE comes to mind.

Then in the Nut completely blown away by the talented musicians of Corfu Rock School with a guest who is apparently well known. Well, our own JohnTheRef will tell you who he is tomorrow because as usual, Arillas throws surprises at you with monotonous regularity. He knew and told me about him, and yes, he was technically and artistically brilliant. The Nut was full, and two layers deep in the road.

Yet again, for the second time in history, forum members Sandy x, riggers and justphil were stood on the same square metre of land (in the Nut, of course.) 2014 will live in my memory forever.

I could write all night (but Jen needs some sleep.) I have missed so much out of this account of Arillas Today. But as usual it delivered serious happiness to a very large number of people I do not even know. And many I do......... In spite of any negatives like mosquitos and bad apples this place is all that it is made out to be.

Phil

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #7071 on: July 16, 2014, 08:15:13 AM »
All I can say mucca is Yiammas x

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7072 on: July 16, 2014, 09:28:44 AM »
Kalimera. Bright and sunny today as I sit by the pool at the rainbow, Sandy having her early morning swim and if the pace of the day remains the same I will be happy as a pig in...well you know what I mean.
 Over cast day yesterday was spent lazing around, fabulous sunset followed by an electric light show out at sea as we ate delicious food in Gratzella.
Arillas has a habit of providing us with the unexpected,the main street rocked as we made our way back to base and we had to make our way through a large crowd gathered at the nut to watch the evenings entertainment. For a little village this place knows how to entertain it's visitors
Time for breakfast....Wish You Were Here

Offline Paul Clark

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
    • Pauls Cancer Blog
« Reply #7073 on: July 16, 2014, 07:30:24 PM »
Just back from 10 days at Anna's - sad to be back in Blighty. A wonderful time was had by the family & I was introduced to the Malibu cocktails by my daughter. No idea why they were served in Jam Jars though? A couple of good meals at Brouklis, the orange cake was to die for. One not so good dinner, but I'll keep quiet about the venue. We'll be back!
Follow my journey against throat cancer at  http://paulscancer.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7074 on: July 16, 2014, 10:56:18 PM »
The question is Paul...did you try the Sofrito?! Did your kids go to Sidari or somewhere similar?

Offline Paul Clark

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
    • Pauls Cancer Blog
« Reply #7075 on: July 16, 2014, 11:11:42 PM »
My daughter had the sofrito I think, & no, they stayed with us apart from 13th July (Our 29th Wedding Anniversary when I bunged them Euro 100 & told them to disappear for the evening, I think most of it was spent in the Malibu! :)
Follow my journey against throat cancer at  http://paulscancer.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7076 on: July 16, 2014, 11:24:21 PM »
Haha. Just goes to show, there is something for all ages in Arillas! And erm.. Has the Arillas water worked for you two lovebirds?? ;)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7077 on: July 17, 2014, 12:08:44 AM »
Cocktails in jam jars , Paul? - What is the world coming to??

The next thing will be Ouzo and water in wine glass?

Glad your time here was well enjoyed and thanks for the update.

Have to go now as Wegg is serving me an Ouzo in a jam jar. (Gotta start a new trend somewhere)

-- Just wished she had taken the marmalade out first!

Negg

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #7078 on: July 17, 2014, 04:38:12 PM »
A vigorous day doing nothing in 28 degrees, resumed July sunshine. The Mythos remains plentiful and the sea is reportedly warm.

Tonight will see PnJ at Thalassa, listening to Yannis Goudelis (no, not that one we all know and love, who has moved on) but highly accomplished keyboard player. Lovely food followed by sunset, easy listening and Metaxa(s)

Life is so good........
Phil

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7079 on: July 17, 2014, 04:51:08 PM »
Right now Phil, you can enjoy 29.4 deg at 5 pm ish.

You lil tinkers are spoilt for choice. Beach? - Mythos ? - Link them both and get sand in yer beer!

Sunbed? - Pool? - Sunbed in pool????? - Too many Mythos , Phil!

Enjoy tonight at Thalassa = Good solid Greek tunes (Play Bouzouki is getting a bit tame now)

Saturday , 2pm , we all pile in the Punto and pay a visit to Three Ws.

( Arm wrestling with Margerita not allowed - She will only beat you )

Cheers Negg.

Booking.com