Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3101804 times)

Offline Anne

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
  • Retired and loving it!
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #6675 on: February 19, 2014, 03:40:11 PM »
Loving your 'fred' as usual Eggy - we arrive on 4th April so was pleased to read that Ina's will be open. T'other Phil - what do you mean a quiet week - no way is that gonna happen, don't forget we + Eileen will be around. Looking forward to seeing you all Anne :-)
We were in Arillas for 2 whole months and going again for 2 weeks :-)

Offline Karen/Colin

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #6676 on: February 20, 2014, 03:11:03 PM »
How exciting, another Arillas summer is getting closer! Loving these updates Eggy. can't wait to hear (&see) what's happening at the rainbow.
Karen

Offline dylan

« Reply #6677 on: February 20, 2014, 08:49:02 PM »
Have known Kinga at the Malibu for a number of years, lovely girl, always looks after us and has a chat if not to busy, makes you feel very welcome, normally call in for a coffee? around eleven each morning, nice place to sit and relax, and watch the world go by, slowly!, and wind up George, as much as I dare!

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #6678 on: February 20, 2014, 11:20:50 PM »
Anne meluvver, 'twill be a "quiet" week whatever you and Eileen throw at us. Ask Neill, in July we have been known to hide. Even he took several days to find us when we disappeared. He was posting clandestine notes under our door at one point!

It all depends on definition of quiet. We have sought quiet in October for years now, and always have many stories to report, but sometimes in October we can just choose to go and sit on the bench and wallow in our Arillas. In July it is different. ALL of our time is full of wonderful people, and thoroughly enjoyed to boot. I love HOT (and hate cold with the same passion) and love the high summer in Arillas. But both Jen and I love being there per se. Whatever the season.

My hope for 2014 is that we share the end of season with you as well. It will mean we have been at home in Arillas in April, July, October and November. I think you understand that better than most.

Phil

Online Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #6679 on: February 21, 2014, 06:53:21 PM »
Phil

My biggest wish is for April, to finally get to Marvel and have one of those meals which get many reviews!!

I will be a happy bunny to sit with y'all and enjoy the company and finally taste their cooking"!

Meanwhile.... at 7 pm and 15 deg outside with 22 deg inside I continue to wonder why we continue to get spoilt. Surely these rewards are for Saints not sinners!!
Either back in sin bin for me or perform a miracle  - Hit the bull on a dartboard maybe?

Negg

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #6680 on: February 23, 2014, 09:52:49 AM »
Surely these rewards are for Saints not sinners!!

Yep yep, always room for a little sinner or two ;)
Life is good ;)

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #6681 on: March 16, 2014, 08:00:08 PM »
Apparently Arillas Today was 23rd February. It is 16th March now! What happened to all those Arillas Todays in between? They were mostly on Facebook. When I get there on 7th April, I will try to capture Arillas Today every day. Watch this space meluvvers

Phil

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #6682 on: March 16, 2014, 10:11:00 PM »
Looking forward to it Phil.....
Sandy x

Online Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #6683 on: March 16, 2014, 11:12:56 PM »
17/18 deg and warm today Phil.

Just don't know where all that time has gone.

Possibly 3 repairs to a garden strimmer which is still not right, busy digging all veggie plots for our new crop, shifting 1 ton of top soil, giving the Olive trees a bit of a tidy up, car in garage to fix puncture and then back again for a new battery, replacing a shed roof and fixing pergola, cleaning out water gullies, repairing water pump and cleaning out a 500 litre oil tank plus of course........................
....................... a few afternoon bevvies and evening darts.
And tomorrow a catch up full garden weed cutting day is in order. (Around 400 sq metres to complete!!)
A long job as strimmer cuts out/overheats after 15 minutes!
So................Just where has that time vanished?? - BUGGERDIFIKNOW.

I will take teasy a tad when you and Jen are here though.
Cheers
Negg

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #6684 on: March 16, 2014, 11:24:44 PM »

Don't fret Neil....we know all the exciting things only happen when guests arrive in Arillas, and lots of early birds arriving this year.

We just wish we were too.

Val n Bill x
The love affair continues.

Offline ger

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #6685 on: March 17, 2014, 12:20:01 PM »
i am almost feeling sorry for you neil!!!
ger x

Online Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #6686 on: March 17, 2014, 01:01:45 PM »
Ger

You would feel even sorrier , this morning.
Lovely warm day, 18 deg sunny and overalls on. Then strimmer won't work!!
Back to shop for another fix, 2 hours lost.

Now I have a short afternoon with Darts/Bevvie before back at 4 pm to carry on the good work.

Tis a super day though and my bald patches are tanning nicely. In fact there is enough sun to do the whole head!!.

A lot of activity in Arilas currently happening. This weather makes all here feel like work is something you do, to keep hands busy, whilst your body and mind is taking in the vibes.

Cheers
Negg

Online Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #6687 on: March 17, 2014, 03:26:11 PM »
A peaceful 21deg at 15:30. Weather looks good for a few more days yet.

Negg

Offline momo

« Reply #6688 on: March 17, 2014, 06:37:15 PM »
Loving all the news Eggy and friends. Summer hols do feel closer after reading them. Phil, I am so looking forward to Arillas today when you and Jen are there next month.
I've got a question I hope someone here can answer and if not, Eggy would you try to find out for me? We have friends just booked at the Rainbow for September (while we are at Tria) and Miah will be 20 months old. Her Mum wonders how much disposable nappies are in Arillas, to see if she should bring a supply with her. Also swimming nappies (guess that's not what they're called). Thanks. Mo x

Online Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #6689 on: March 17, 2014, 10:43:34 PM »
I am told that Pampers are readily available here but are expensive. Even more expensive in local outlets than, for example Dimitris Market or UK shop in Sidari. But you then need to get to Sidari to purchase.

Advice given is bring as many as you can. Totally unsure about "Swimming Nappies" The only nappies I know that were swimming belonged to my youngest if we forgot to change it after 6/7 hours.
They were not only "Swimming Nappies" but "Humming Nappies" as well.
(Babies actually put me off fishcakes - DONCHYERKNOW?

Anyway........ Currently sitting and enjoying a pleasant 14 deg at 10:45 pm. My strimmer won the "Work to Rule" argument even after being hurled halfway down the bank. Tomorrow is another day so we take the rough with the smooth. Looking forward to a smooth "Arillas Today" tomorrow. The beach is looking better every day and being well used for March. Will ask "Boss" about the bench for April.
Cheers
Negg

Booking.com