Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3101927 times)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #6660 on: December 13, 2013, 06:16:56 PM »
Arillas today is a luvley day , Peeps!!

Tis all quiet on the "Western Front" - Sorry - Arillas front (Forum)  with only a few birthday greetings floating around.
(And sincere Birthday greetings they are tooooo)

13 deg here today and hovering around that at 6pm. - Suuuuperrrr!
Vassilis , Armourada, continues to snooze, on his Armourada Armchair, watching all those funny Greek soaps, that many watch here. - (They are a bit like a very , very, poor 'ole Crossroads, to me!)

He does find time, however, to supply a beer or Ouzo to a wanton traveller. You may have to wait a few minutes though. ( Depends on those TV bits you have to watch)
LUVIMTOBITS - Super Guy.

For moi? - Who has ingested more beverages, than he wishes to acknowledge, this afternoon, I think a lazy evening home, with Wegg, is in order. How does she put up with me???

I wish you all a very good Saturday- (Too early for Xmas greetings)
Can I go to sleep now??

Negg

Offline Bella

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
« Reply #6661 on: December 13, 2013, 06:56:07 PM »
Oh what I would do for 13 degree's right now - cold, wet and miserable here

And ha ha there's Vasilis telling me every night that he's so so tired because he's been working very hard! Then again it is hard work watching those shows he watches - what does he see in them? As for finding them funny! - I've had more fun watching paint dry!

And tut tut Neil fancy you having too many - you ought to be ashamed of yourself lol now go to bed and sleep it off!

Have a great weekend

Bells xx

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #6662 on: December 14, 2013, 09:57:34 AM »
Arillas today is a luvley day , Peeps!!

Awwww....have a few more beverages for me Eggy ;) Arillas sounds like a place where I would rather be at the mo and always  *deep sigh*
Life is good ;)

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #6663 on: December 15, 2013, 10:16:00 AM »
erja i concur ,london town is a bit dowdy a the mo ,and boring ,,arillas in the winter ,might be quite but ,the parties we could have ,and eggy as the waiter,,hahaha lol       yiammas

Offline Jez

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #6664 on: December 15, 2013, 12:22:12 PM »
Warm here too Neill, very unseasonal! Still rather be your side though, methinks...

Is my roof on yet? Can't seem to get any response from the workers!

France on Wednesday for the festivities, Bob and Nicky might be joining us, ah.....

Jez

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #6665 on: February 16, 2014, 06:26:36 PM »
I cannot believe it has been so long for me to get off my butt and do an Arillas today!!!!

And.... Jez , I still don't know about your roof. Tis on my list of things to do.

Arillas Today treats us with super weather and outside temps of 19deg, still at 4:30 pm. Rumour has it that the next few days will be good and garden spades are being cleaned, strimmers are being prepared and firelighters are being made ready for those bonfires.(Many of us prefer petrol - siga-siga though)

Eggy's garden boots are raring to go. Personally I would love another pair of feet to put them in !!.

Wegg is still getting leaks (not water ones) from the garden and dug up some beetroot today and is still enjoying that purple broccoli. Planting spuds is planned for Thursday. Runner beans are in and growing.

All of us here really feel for those of you, in the UK, with the rainfall and floods and power cuts.
In January here we had 210mm of rain and sit with 118mm for February. We are very lucky that we have so much soil/land around us to soak up this excess water. With so many UK places without electric it puts our 30/45 minute power cuts in perspective.

A little bird tells me that "Boss Dimi" has been to a council meeting today. I am sure he will report back about the outcome and any decisions made to improve of favourite place.

Those of you staying at Tria Adelphia, this Summer, be prepared. Much work going on there to make your stay more enjoyable.
 (How can they make your stay more enjoyable?-Surely they are running out of ideas?)

Also work going on at Nickos Appts, the ones before you reach Tria, on the right. Rainbow also finding time, between the rain, to do a few re-vamps.
Much will be going on at many places, this week, I reckon.

Take it easy guys.

Cheers
Negg

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #6666 on: February 16, 2014, 06:52:14 PM »
Glad you got off your butt mate. Needed a cheery report more than you'll ever know. Weather in SW England was riduculous today - warm Spring sun and NO RAIN. AND it is Sunday so we were at the pub, in total disbelief. It won't last.

From where I sit, Arillas seems on course for a bumper season. The only complaints I hear are how everywhere is fully booked. Hope it's true. Well, we are fully booked for a "quiet" week on 7th April and three mental ones from July 7th. Maybe 7 is my lucky number after all.....

Enjoy your day in heaven, and spare a thought for those of us who "wish we were there...."

Phil

Offline Jez

« Reply #6667 on: February 16, 2014, 08:58:38 PM »
Hi Chaps,

Sounds great. I can't wait for the 30th March, time for some serious R n' R. Neill, the roof is underway, thanks!

Jez

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #6668 on: February 16, 2014, 10:52:16 PM »
Sounds wonderful Eggy.....getting us in the mood.....
Sandy x

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #6669 on: February 16, 2014, 11:34:03 PM »
As Phil says , it's been a cracking day in Ŵolverhampton too !! Rain tomorrow again though. . . . . Work at Tria eh , sounds interesting. Talking of Tria can you give Phil a reminder of our May booking please when you see him Negg ?
Goodnight all , sweet dreams
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #6670 on: February 17, 2014, 12:01:45 AM »
Just broke a theme on board games with both of my sons who are playing Trivial with their mother. Jen is coming up with knowledge I had no idea she had. justphil can only think of my Arillas, but Jen knows everything.

After 45 years together you can still surprise one another. We celebrate Feb 15th, the day Jen and me connected in 1969. And when I got home from work she gave me a knitted heart stuffed  ready for our kitten to chase. But the cat ignored it, and I kept it.  It is mine. I love her. I always will. And Arillas will always be a part of it.

Phil

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #6671 on: February 17, 2014, 01:45:36 AM »
Ooooh Arillas today! That first post signals that Summer is just around the corner :):)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #6672 on: February 17, 2014, 06:52:26 PM »
Yet another 19deg and warm day , folks!

Neggs been strimming n digging plus ouzoing, of course.
(Ever tried controlling a strimmer after a few bevvies?)

Garden noises all around and a new lease of life injected into the dejected.
3 more days of niceness before the rain comes back, so I am told.

Rainbow working away, this afternoon, and you guys will be in for a treat this Summer.
(I tell you nothing - yet)

I saw one person on the naturist beach and asked if I could take a photo of her, in the nude. She said she would prefer it if I kept my clothes on! - The oldies are the best, people.
(Obviously , I saw no one, just in case some people get the wrong end of the stick)
"Wrong end of the stick?" - Am I digging a deeper hole here where I should hide?
Hole - Stick ? - It gets worse but a good example of how some messages can be read wrong.

Anyway, lovely buzz going on around Arillas Today. Now it's 6:45 pm here and I'm ready to relax tonight. Probably a last look at the work achieved outside being closing shutters and eating a Wegg special.
Cheers All
Negg

And to quote someone on the Forum:-
"Stay nude - It aint rude" - with the addition of ....... "But don't intrude". - Whoops! Dun it again.
I am a pussycat really but sometimes a lil monkey when I have had a beer.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #6673 on: February 18, 2014, 06:56:46 PM »
Arillas Today? Warm and dry and finishing temps of 16deg at 6:30 pm.
Good news for Easter visitors. Ina's supermarket will be open. Reckon Phil n Jen may just be in there for a ciggie or two for their suitcase. Tell me if you want to pre-order, Phil.

Saw "Malibu George" coming at me, in his pick up today. He waved. Well I think he waved. Just not sure if he has had a thumb and last two fingers amputated. Talking Malibu reminds me. I have had some nice chats with Kinga, recently, and she comes over as very passionate about her customer service.
Nice lady with an infectious laugh which can be produced on cue. Try it with her in the Summer!

Kostas n Peri of Coconut fame, I am told, are busy putting a roof on a house in Rachtades.
(Now who would be interested in that snippet?)

Leon n Verena (Armourada) plus baby not back yet. Possibly April. Vasiliis, I know, is like a cat on hot bricks, or tin roof,  waiting for their return. Uncle Billy - GOTTARING-2 it

Pics promised soon guys , but first I have to prepare for the last 2 weeks of the darts.
DARTS? - WOTSALLTHATBOUT?
And..... TV on the blink - Is that why I can sit and type away to my hearts content?

Brouklis busy with some outside painting this afternoon and Rainbow drilling away as they do.
A very nice eating area plus changes to the pool will appear soon.
I like Arillas as all locals seem to get everything right and then try to improve on it. Just for us guys!

Saw Phillipe, Tria, on top of a roof. Spent 15 minutes trying to talk him down and then he told me he was replacing tiles. Ah well, the thought was there.
Funny 'ole game, life
Cheers
Negg

Offline Jez

« Reply #6674 on: February 19, 2014, 01:06:50 PM »
Neill,

Love it, love it!! The winter is starting to turn to spring but I am struggling to convince my boss that I am surplus to work's requirements for my week at the beginning of April. I have booked the flights, so I wonder if I will be feeling a bit peeky if the holiday is refused! As you rightly say, funny ole game, that life...

Cheers,

Jez

Booking.com