Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3101365 times)

Offline Rachel B

• Forum Fanatic
  • When my fridge is empty, so is my heart
    • Instagram
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #6480 on: August 13, 2013, 11:56:26 PM »
Val, Al & Sal.. Thanks :-) Yeah I will, there'll probably be the odd post while i'm there then a full detailed one with photos will be up when i'm back :-)

Haha Bella.. we'll see! ;-) lol

Thanks gaye :-)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #6481 on: August 25, 2013, 06:00:52 PM »
Arillas Today, may still be giving you guys 31deg at 6pm "ish" & you have all been spoilt again with the beach, providing you can find a place to park a child's scooter. let alone a vehicle. All Tavernas, bars, etc etc continue to look after those little treats that we all find essential to keep "Purring away"
But... yet another day when Arillas has to say bye to another "Arilliac"
Cheryl takes these "sad honours" today and is away in the morning. We know she has enjoyed her time here but now I need to find another ear to bend.!!

Erja n Heidi doing well and Val n Bill will be here on Monday. Bumped into Big Lee on Friday for a quick hello. Both him n Lady Lee on a sunbed chilling.
( No need to ask if they are chilling! )

Keep coming guys/gals. I have much to tell but so little time!

Cheers
Negg

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #6482 on: August 25, 2013, 06:32:20 PM »
As September beckons Eggy, I have a list. And it is a very long list of Ailliacs who are going to be there soon. And ears to bend will be in such plentiful supply, you will need another donkey with hind legs, or maybe two.

Had life been kinder to me (I'm not sure it could have in truth) I would be there to share the workload. What a job!!!! Someone has to do it, and you have been selected.

Please keep giving us a flavour of it as it happens. Arillas Today is what I hope to do 7 times in October/November. In the meantime, I just want to read as many posts on forum as I can.

Phil

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #6483 on: August 25, 2013, 11:37:55 PM »
Well my ears will be bent, See you from the 13th of September Neil.
No need to look further than the dart board at the Rainbow, I know where you will be.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #6484 on: September 03, 2013, 06:38:52 PM »
So , in ten days our special Ref, John, will be here with Dot who will be as laid back as always. ( Extra hind legs may be required-Space in case, John????)

Poor Val n Bill back to the UK yesterday & enjoyed my coupla chats with them.

Steve n Val continue to hover, in the nicest possible way as do Mo n David.
(Darts at Armourada may bring all together on Thursday)

Sandy's back - DONCHYERKNOW!

Meanwhile..... Arillas Today treats us all with a respectable 27/28 deg and a mild breeze to blow away any cobwebs , caused by the night before.

We were going to have a BBQ tonight but just couldn't go through with lighting the coals.

and... new addition, Corky now has a cuddly rat as a plaything! This was our back up Barbie so now, I guess it's just sausages!

The 'ole "black n whites" remain as laid back as you guys when you are here.

I look forward to Terry's visit when he can educate me on how to make these pics bigger.
Cheers
Negg

Offline Northerndave

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
  • Yammas
« Reply #6485 on: September 07, 2013, 01:40:48 AM »
As I am here, thought I would add to the daily report......and report that electricity seems to be in short supply as each hour it seems to overload and reset. I thought I was visiting somewhere quiet in europe......seems I have ventured into the dark ages power wise that is. Seriously unimpressed.

Offline Rachel B

• Forum Fanatic
  • When my fridge is empty, so is my heart
    • Instagram
« Reply #6486 on: September 07, 2013, 02:50:36 AM »
There was a power cut when i was there. Friday 16th August.. There was lots of lightening that evening/night and i was told that a pylon in San Stef caught fire, resulting in a 13 hr power cut. From about 8am til nearly 9pm - my hair was a state that day (that's what happens without hair straighteners! lol)
and my eggy-bread was only half cooked when it went off!
No water all day either.. bit of a bummer but i was on holiday so i was that fussed.. might have been had it gone on for much longer though! haha

Hope it gets sorted for you soon!

Rachel x

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #6487 on: September 07, 2013, 11:58:58 AM »
Power cuts can be very frustrating to all and even more to those here for a week or two than others who live here. I’m told the recent problems are a knock on effect due to the recent “Pylon Fire”. I am also led to believe that, where possible, maintenance and repairs happen overnight, in the Summer. As they did twice early hours of the morning ,last night and at least 3 times the night before.  I only know of these because our phone”blips” when the power comes back on.  And more frustrating for me as I record many films overnight!

On a lighter note….. I think it was a couple of years ago when Greece were playing an important football match against another country. At half time there was a power cut!  Just before the second half kick off, the power was back. How’s that for efficiency?

Arillas Today gives us not only electricity but also a respectable 26deg, an exchange of around e1.15 plus a very “wind down” feel after the August hustle n bustle.

Cheers
Negg

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #6488 on: September 07, 2013, 12:18:27 PM »
sounds good neil ..and theres me sitting in twiddling thumbs awaitng parcels ,,lol.yiammas,xx

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #6489 on: September 07, 2013, 12:55:03 PM »
Wind down is what I want and I know where to get it.
Relaxed Chilled and who cares about the power.
Get the barbie lit and just throw a few chickens on it
That will do for me
SEE YOU ALL NEXT WEEK

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #6490 on: September 07, 2013, 07:03:44 PM »
Get the barbie lit and just throw a few chickens on it

Not live ones, we hope John! - Now that would be a red card!

Wishing you a 28deg outside at 7pm.

Negg

Offline philippa

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #6491 on: September 08, 2013, 10:40:32 AM »
re power cuts / water shortages etc tc - ah yes potholes!
After 5 months here it seem seem  that the the lovely local greeks are trying their best - but do not get a lot of Support from " those at the top"
Where has the 240 Billion € from the Troika, IMF and EU  dissapeared too???

So many crazy things have happened this year in little places -no charges for parking in Corfu Town where every tourist is prepared to pay!! But that is another Story
Beach beds in st Stef - half you pay - the other half are free - all because of daft new licencing laws - but sooo confusing for a guest and bad for their own livlihods.

As Austrians with mega beurocratic paperwork for every Little thing!! we do understand some of the problems- we just hope that over the winter some  of These things will be sorted for the new season 2014 for our lovely adorable poeple in Arrillas and surrounds!!

PS - TRy to look at the PV way re the power cuts -we are very happy with it!!
Philippa

Offline wayne

• arillas trip 6
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #6492 on: September 08, 2013, 11:10:05 AM »
Wine festival was fantastic im sure there are a few hangovers after all that free wine.well done to the organisers and to all who participated in this fun evening

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #6493 on: September 08, 2013, 08:21:20 PM »
Arillas "this morning" must be in contention for the world record for the total aspirins issued to so many at such a short time.

Even strong men buckled at the thought of fried eggs and tommy sauce for breakfast - Don't mention the greasy bacon!

I did not venture to far, towards the beach today , with the worry that I would be attacked by Arillas Zombies. Their first priority being more wine and if not, then human flesh will do. - There are many who wants a slice of Eggy.

I have survived and what a pleasure to see the costumes and hear the music.
(But I thought it was buy a barrel and all free - Not a jug. - Doh!!!)

Well done Arillas folk - You have yet another prize to add to your collection.
Negg

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #6494 on: September 08, 2013, 09:15:23 PM »
We were in Arillas, last year, when it was launched and we had a bit of a ceremony at the Horizon, with the first delivery. I find it a real thirst quencher and when all the family arrived my two oldest grandsons loved it as well. At 2% its just right for them to have a bottle.

Booking.com