Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3101782 times)

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #6375 on: July 16, 2013, 07:10:21 PM »
I'd better do Arillas Tomorrow by the sound of it....

I have spent a totally enjoyable hour nattering to a very first time Arillas visitor, with whom I share a lot (that is quite easy at our age.) I am praying that my descriptions of Donut man, and all the other rubbish we say on here hasn't put him off. He has a very attractive son (Erja meluvver, put him down, he's married) and even more attractive little boy and wife to complete the set.

He sympathised with my addictive condition, having been round as many blocks as I have. I get the feeling that jut like me, this will be the last block he ever wants to go round, and will now be seen in ever decreasing circles over Gravia..... We would make an awesome sight!!!!

Arillas tomorrow may be whatever it is, but phil and jen will be loving every friggin minute.

Phil???

Offline sharonF

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #6376 on: July 16, 2013, 09:27:38 PM »
And I'm so friggin jealous am not there with you! :D

Sharon x

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #6377 on: July 16, 2013, 10:56:24 PM »

Phil and Jen, we are so missing not being there with you this year, so thanks Phil for the reports. Hope you are going to paint a pot tomorrow, Neill has promised photos and everybody is looking forward to the display of artistic talents. :)

Love Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #6378 on: July 17, 2013, 08:03:04 AM »
(Erja meluvver, put him down, he's married)

:D You know I only ever "window shop" Phil luvver! ;)
Life is good ;)

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #6379 on: July 17, 2013, 10:05:35 AM »
Erja meluvver, I know, I know! Only mentioned you because we're missing you, along with all our other friends who circumstances have conspired to deny us this year. Maybe they're all in Preston???

Arillas Today is cooler, but not enough to worry. And by 6pm the vast amounts of hot air that will have been spoken at sharon's is going to kick start the global warming process. My 50p eBay thermometer says 24 degrees at 10 am.  The sky is cloudless, just blue. The echange rate is best forgotten at 1.12. And this morning I couldn't even be bothered to go to the beach. How sad is that?

Arillas is looking after phil and jen in a way that only it knows how. Laid back? We're flipping horizontal....

Phil

Online Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #6380 on: July 17, 2013, 05:30:57 PM »
Well, Phil me lad, 27 deg at 5:30pm. WOTSALLTHATABOUT
As promised, pics from the Hippopots afternoon at Sharon's Pool Bar.

There are some nice 'lil young ladies here making their mark and, maybe, creating a one off original.

I think with such warming smiles, as these guys generate, would sell ice to an Eskimo.
But.... Who is this guy, we all enquire (In the nicest possibly way?)

and who is the mysterious lady who choses to remain agnonymos, - eh?
and.... what is going on now?

This is the culprit who started it all...

He told Phil he could paint a lizard and it took Phil ages as the poor little lizzie kept hiding in the bushes.
and... does this little lady care?-Nah
Taking it easy like the rest of us.- Unless I throw a ball for her.

Finally , a Lloyd Grossman question for y'all....
who would own hands like this?

The hands of a master who will be auctioning his painted lizard with all profits going to the MFP fund. ( Mythos for Phil )
A fine time and well done, Pete, from Hippopots for his time n effort.
Negg

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #6381 on: July 17, 2013, 06:00:01 PM »
I have no more to say.

Phil

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #6382 on: July 17, 2013, 06:14:59 PM »
What? Phil speechless? NEVER! I met pot, but hip and mouse were noticeably missing. Yes, I painted a lizard and Yes they are my hands.

But in Arillas Today it was 6 Mythos for me. The rate fell even further to 1.10, and the sun went in for a few mins. see, I can be brutally honest.  My specs may be rose tinted, but I love this place unconditionally and when my Mythos is 3.1 euros instead of 3.0 I fly into a panic.....

Happy days folks, Arillas rocks and always will.

Phil

Offline hippopotandmouse

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #6383 on: July 17, 2013, 07:18:26 PM »
We would just like to say a big Thank you to all our painters today, and to Sharon for hosting....here's hoping this can be a weekly event!
Loving the photos Neill, although I am a little confused. I'm sure Pete just told me he's been working hard, but is that a Mythos I see in his hand??
Looking forward to seeing everyone's creations.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #6384 on: July 17, 2013, 07:33:01 PM »
He worked much harder than me dearest. We hadn't met before and if I'm to blame I'm sorry. I was on Mythos no 6 as usual. Will try to be there net week as well.

Phil

Offline Cheryl2307

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #6385 on: July 18, 2013, 03:27:18 PM »
Looks like good fun, glad to hear all's well in your world, Phil and Jen. 

Eggs, hope you are practising your 'normal conversations', will be testing you soon, don't want to have to shout at you again ha ha  Let me know if you need anything.

Cheryl O

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #6386 on: July 18, 2013, 05:03:45 PM »
Arillas Today is basking in 27 degrees according to my plastic cheap thermometer. No wind, and many very brown folk enjoying their beach.

It has turned into a 5 Mythos day in Arillas Today for jutphil. 3 savoured at the Bow, where we shared some hot air with sandra and Jim from Belfast. Arillas veterans, and like most of us, they are adorable. You can work out your own list of those who don't qualify. My list is empty but I'm probably on a few....

Fiona who rarely posts was there with family in tow, staying at Eleni's Irene Villas just behind Marvel. A son is the love interest of young Irene, with a strong Welsh connection. Apparently Easy Jet have taken most of their money in frequent flights back and forth.

The other two (I mean Mythos, in case you have nodded off reading this drivel) were provided by Perry and Kostas at the Nut. Lovely quiet Nut afternoon (unless you've done it you will never understand what I am saying here.) More hot air, and gossip on a grander scale than I can remember! (Believe that and you'll believe anything.... It will all emerge on Arillas Today.) And there were many peops opposite, waiting to be ferried away by Arillas Travel....... And tomorrow, we have discovered we will meet Tina Turner.

Arillas Today has an air of total peace and goodwill. Not only to all men, but to the women as well. Wish you were here......

Phil

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #6387 on: July 18, 2013, 05:32:26 PM »

YES !!

Val x
The love affair continues.

Online Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #6388 on: July 18, 2013, 07:19:39 PM »
Well Phil, Your cheapie thermo is working well but, for me, in the car this late morning coming back from Corfu Town and then pointing it towards Acharavi....
........ I reckon it was 35deg - ..
(That's what it felt like..Eggy ended up a sweaty Betty- Apologies to Betty here)

Tomorrow for the benefit of P n J , I will be found in Armourada 2ish, after which there is a need to visit Rainbow for a chat or two.
Normal conversations must be practised, by me , for the benefit of that lil 'ole lass, Cheryl, who thinks all I know is darts shots out from 170.
Look out kid - I'll be bending yer ears soon. -Wot do you know about Crochet?

Signing off at 7:15 ish with 26deg in the house and 28 deg outside.
WOTSITALLABOUT?
Negg

Offline sharonF

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #6389 on: July 18, 2013, 08:07:15 PM »
Sounds fantastic, would love to be there!  Eggy give them a hug for me, and how is Billy in Armourada now?

Phil I just might make some pepper chicken tonight, I've heard it has quite an effect ;) :D

Sharon x

Booking.com