Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3101951 times)

Offline martin-w

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Arillas, my second home!
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #5955 on: September 15, 2012, 05:19:51 PM »
I agree Nan, Gratsella is my favorite place to eat. Angeliki's cooking is wonderful, a large variety of fish fresh from the sea caught by Kostas and Aris his brother is always available. The 'lads', brothers Thomas, Vasilli and Spiros are very friendly and obliging waiters, nothing is too much trouble for them. Their 'all in' menus, usually choice of three per day are excellent value for money, good choice of starters, mains, and sweets. Situated on the south end of the beach road there are great views of Gravia and the sunsets a wonderful show as you eat!
Aris and his wife Dorita own the Bardis Sun Hotel just round the corner where I stay when I'm in Arillas, great accommodation, breakfast included, and no 'singles' supplement!
Just over a week to go now, can't wait to be back 'home' again.
Yammas,
Martin.

Offline Lisa and Steve

• JustLisa
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5956 on: September 15, 2012, 05:24:52 PM »
They certainly don't pester at the Gratsella.They are not foreigners as mentioned in an earlier post,Greek through and through.As martin says they also own the bardis sun hotel round the corner and we love staying there.Give the restaurant a try you will love it.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #5957 on: September 15, 2012, 06:11:29 PM »
Arillas Today is a non pestered 24 deg at 6pm.

Never worry about being asked to "try" a Taverna's wares, people.
"No Thanks" is a very easy statment to make.

We eventually went into Gratsella without a dangling fish hook and a very enjoyable evening it was toooooooo.

Street sellers do not bother you too much if you are rigid in what you say.
That said, today I bought a "Powerband" for e3.50. On a card and exactly the same as one I paid e12 for in the UK. ( And then had it posted to Corfu)
There's a super guy in Sidari who sells DVD's. Good copies as well. Loadsa fun and he won't pester anyone , accepts "no" as we know "no" should be.
Saw him this afternoon - "Bugger Off Michael" I says - "No Money"
Big belly laughs from the guy - He knows the score
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyway , I digress from Arillas Today.
Weather here is dull - even more dull that this posting! Never got to the beach today for pics as was a tad too busy working. Working??? WOTSALLTHATABOUT

That said tis a good Arillas today.The feather in the cap is seeing Tavernas and bars doing good business and new faces meeting new faces.
Monday will be on the way up "Weather Wise" so beach & sunbeds beware!!

Be Well all and..... Steve n Mary - I'll get you next Summer!
Negg

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #5958 on: September 15, 2012, 06:18:01 PM »
We LOVE being in Graziella in the afternoon, and spend many, many hours at tables there just doing our puzzles, eating lovely food, drinking krasi and watching the beach and Gravia. Mezes, the best authentic taramasalata in the village and gorgeous prawns to mention a few.

Thomas is a gregarious soul but not your "spiv in the street." If he puts you off tell him. He is a sensitive soul, and will respond accordingly.

Graziella is one of the long list of places not to miss in Arillas. The beer is cheap, and the food is superb. Works for me....

Phil

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #5959 on: September 15, 2012, 06:28:57 PM »
We LOVE being in Graziella in the afternoon, and spend many, many hours at tables there just doing our puzzles, 

Doing yer puzzles Phil? - Yer not still working out how to get that top off a Mythos bottle, are you?? - Hee Hee.
( I can picture you now - Bottle opener, electric saw, scalpel, chisel, TEETH )

Cheers
Negg

Offline AJC51

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #5960 on: September 15, 2012, 06:37:06 PM »
The first meal we had in Arillas in 2005 was at Graziella. Yiannis asked politely if we would like a table I replied "Is it Greek" he smiled and said "Of course it is Greek I am Corfiot". Always a friendly welcome from the family superb food and hospitality at very good prices. Have seen the boy's grow up from children to young men who have always waited at the table  nothing is too much trouble. Aris's fresh fish every day. The sardines are to die for as is the sea bass and sea bream or pick your own lobster/cray fish for a special occasion.The menu of the day 3 coarses 10 euro bargain it would  rude not to try it.

See you in 27 sleeps

Al & Sal  

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #5961 on: September 15, 2012, 06:57:32 PM »
Just love Graziella...we eat there at least once on every visit...and quite often while away a couple of hours after the beach.

Sea Bream fillet....drool....:-)

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #5962 on: September 15, 2012, 07:04:48 PM »
Try not to, but have to come back and post again on this one Eggy.

My biggest puzzle is working out which tyre to let down first.....

lmao Phil

Offline Sarah1

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #5963 on: September 15, 2012, 08:07:16 PM »
I don't think they hassle you as you walk by...it's not at all like Turkey. They do pester you there. They are such nice guys, really friendly and always wave even if you drive by. It's more of an invitation to join them. We've only had breakfast or beers in there but if.breakfast is anything to go by then the rest must be good.
Sarah

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #5964 on: September 15, 2012, 09:29:44 PM »
Love a bit of banter with Thomas at Graziella.
We have a good table tonight.  I reply I have one even better,
followed by a handshake a big smile and the words enjoy your meal.

He knows we will be back as the food is so nice and the service first class.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #5965 on: September 15, 2012, 10:22:51 PM »
He knows me as "Mythos please?" He knows me....

Phil

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #5966 on: September 15, 2012, 10:36:50 PM »
Bill and I love the Graziella, we had our last evening there this year, we also had a power cut, candles on the table, stars twinkling and beautiful moon light, what more could you ask for.

Afterwards we went to the Horizon to say goodbye to the Warner family, as we were talking to Terry Bill realised that our bill at Grazilla was wrong......we hadn't paid for our second carafe of wine.

Mad dash back as we still had many goodbyes to make, the boys were folding tablecloths..... stating the bill was wrong, they asked what they had overcharged for, when we said no, no, undercharged......they fell about laughing saying 'have it on us' but Bill insisted we paid as we could not visit them again until next year.

After much arguing Thomas took the money reluctantly, then, and this is the best part...they wanted us to sit and have an ouzo or a glass of wine as a goodbye drink!!

Guess where we will have our first meal when we go home again.

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #5967 on: September 15, 2012, 10:39:03 PM »
Truth, it looks like the same one or at least the one next door. To be honest, we did have a liquid lunch there last year for first time ever and food was ok. Just don't understand why he needs to make you feel obliged! Part of our hols is sauntering along the seafront, looking at the specials menu's and taking a nice leisurely decision of that night's eating choice! Great aint it when that's the only stress for a week or two..where shall we eat?!

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #5968 on: September 16, 2012, 12:01:08 AM »
You assorted lil ole Forum tinkers you. Is this Arillas today or places to eat?

It's 11:59 here now so Arillas today still counts - Only just though!
20 deg, dry after a twinge of wet stuff at 10:30 ish
A fat steak at Mon Amour , for me tonight and... whoops! - here we go again.
Tis so easy to go off track and the beauty is .... tis fun as well!!!

Night all
Negg

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #5969 on: September 16, 2012, 12:12:27 AM »
Sorry Neil! He he! Hope you are well?
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Booking.com