Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3101602 times)

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #5925 on: September 07, 2012, 11:13:05 PM »
Arillas Today looks as inviting as ever. Thanks for the pic Eggy.

Phil

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #5926 on: September 09, 2012, 06:01:59 PM »
Arillas Today Phil? - As still as inviting as ever!
Super clear day and 31 deg on the clock at 6pm.
Looking after current guests and ready to do it's bit for arrivals.

But.... a sad Arillas today , not only for me but many of us locals here.
We say goodbye to 3 "Darting Couples" who leave in the morning.
Steve n Mary - Tried to say "Byeeee" this afternoon but never found you.
Jinksy (Chris n Ang) Couldn't see you at Akti for a Ta Ta!.
Momo n David - Finally caught 'em on their walk back to Tria.

It's been a super 2 weeks of, not only darts, but good company.

I did get to meet Geoff at Rainbow though. Bad news is that he's away avrio.
BIG BUMMER!

I missed Erja too. Thought she was off tomorrow. Turned out it was today.
Sorry - You Finnish fanatic you!.

Anyway - From all of us here we wish all of you a safe journey home and looking forward to next Summer already.

And.... Arillas Today????? - Good for those who still have days left.
Sad for those on that plane today.
Sadder for us here - Greeks and ex-P's alike who have to see them go.
Cheers
Negg

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #5927 on: September 09, 2012, 11:05:57 PM »
As still as inviting as ever!

Goodbye you know it is never goodbye, just see you again soon.
We will all be back again.

STILL AS INVITING AS EVER

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #5928 on: September 10, 2012, 08:07:20 AM »
Yep, back in the "real" (?) world now and this last holiday in Arillas is being filed in my memories as golden - as always.

Thank you everyone in Arillas, be it the Forum members or the lovely locals for making it as special as always and see you next year!

Eggy dearest - there is always avrio :D

Life is good ;)

Offline janina

« Reply #5929 on: September 10, 2012, 05:20:25 PM »
well, back in home, Prague, in reality, at work, trying not to speak with anybody in English :-). Thanks for a great stay in Cofru ( people responsible for my everyday´s  early morning comming it to the bed knows ) and now is a time for total "reset", vegetarian food,  and "alcohol free" days. Many thanks to Erja for the talks and thanks to other I met there :-)

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #5930 on: September 10, 2012, 05:34:01 PM »
Many thanks to Erja for the talks and thanks to other I met there :-)

It was nice to meet you too and we did have fun :) Hope to see you again in Arillas in the future :)
Life is good ;)

Offline Anne

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
  • Retired and loving it!
« Reply #5931 on: September 10, 2012, 10:43:13 PM »
Erja - just wanted to say thanks for your daily blog on Facebook - I enjoyed it so much - living your dream with you. Will try to do the same next May xxxxxxxxxx
We were in Arillas for 2 whole months and going again for 2 weeks :-)

Offline sheila

« Reply #5932 on: September 10, 2012, 11:01:55 PM »
Well Geoff and I are back home after a  brilliant two weeks staying at the Rainbow with the Anthis family.I had my usual cry on leaving..same every year.Left behind some good friends who still have another week left. Big thanks and lots of love to Jimmy,Vicky and the rest of the family for taking such good care of us but mostly for making us feel part of the family.
SHEILA

Offline Alan and Jan

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #5933 on: September 11, 2012, 10:40:34 AM »
Arillas today is nice and hot with very little breeze. Out and about much earlier this morning. Did the usual loop and now in Poppy's having one of her breakfasts. Yummy.
Alan and Jan

Eight letters, three words one meaning- Take That

Offline jinksy

« Reply #5934 on: September 11, 2012, 08:12:47 PM »
Arrived home yesterday after a great time as usual, the welcome off everybody was brilliant, loads of people many to name but they know who they are, yammas, neill for organising the darts was spot on again, jimmi, spiro at the rainbow, makis, nicos  night owl, spiro and kostas akti, mo and david, capt bob, etc etc, awesome meals eveywhere we ate, again many to mention, spent most of the time on the beach, the sea was warm most days apart from when the north wind was blowing, but that cooled you down just great, but alas as usual the time goes way to fast, so until next year yammas to you all, jinksy and ang

Offline momo

« Reply #5935 on: September 11, 2012, 10:58:20 PM »
Just back from two weeks in paradise, staying at the Tria. Thanks Philip and Helen and family for making us so welcome. We felt part of a hugely welcoming community, headed by the fabulous Neill. Can't thank you enough Eggy for all you did. The darts were fun and we are slowly improving, but well below the standard of our challengers. It's the taking part that matters (at least that's what we tell ourselves!) and that's how we got to know Jinksy and Ang and Steve and Mary from the forum. Lovely company, hope to play you again soon! Met so many local folk too....Makis , Bob and Penny, Jimmy, Gordon and Maggie, Leczecz and many more....all brilliant people.
We enjoyed the wine festival, had a Greek dance in the middle and met up with a lovely Polish coupe, then Jinksy and Ang. We ended the night in the Coconut, me dancing mentally with Erja to Queen's "Don't Stop Me Now". What a laugh. Erja, we so enjoyed your company. Hopefully see you soon.
Another highlight was our last day. We swam quite far out and David fancied swimming on to Gravia. I declined! and he continued. After 2 hours I was convinced he was gone! Spoke to a local guy who told me not to worry then after another while suggested I get a boat! Went to Gratsella and asked for binoculars and they reassured me. Gravia is a mile out and the swim usually takes 3 hours. Relaxed a bit then. After 2 and a half hours ish, a little dot appeared, growing into David. He'd had a grand swim and felt great!
Another highlight was a walk to Porto Timoni beach. It was tough going but so beautiful. Popped in to visit Spiros at his new "Anemos" at Afionas. It's VERY nice with amazing views. Very near the bench on the headland, with the same view. Wow!
We had plenty more highlights, but the whole holiday was the best ever. Trying to book now for next year. Mo x

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #5936 on: September 11, 2012, 11:43:32 PM »
Oh my goodness, momo - when we first visited Arillas we talked of possibly swimming to Gravia .... it's a good job I didn't!!

I'm not a strong swimmer and I reckon I could have gone about three or four minutes (yes, MINUTES! not miles) so perhaps it was better that I only did any "proper" swimming in the pool

Arillas today will be Arillas today for us in a couple of weeks. Can't wait1

Janis x

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #5937 on: September 12, 2012, 12:11:49 AM »
Lovely reports all. Really enjoyed reading them. Of all of you I have only met Erja (who is now a dear friend) but I know you so well through Arillas and our forum.

So glad that so many more have shared what Jen and I feel every time we are there.

Phil

Offline BlueHeather

• Dizzy Blonde Cat Woman
« Reply #5938 on: September 12, 2012, 11:00:07 AM »
love reading all these great reports... makes us look forward to our first visit even more..... early start to Manchester airport for us on Monday ......bring it on :-) :-) :-)
Women are like angels....   And when someone breaks our wings,
we simply continue to fly......usually on a broomstick.
We're flexible like that   ;-)

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #5939 on: September 12, 2012, 12:30:28 PM »
We ended the night in the Coconut, me dancing mentally with Erja to Queen's "Don't Stop Me Now". What a laugh. Erja, we so enjoyed your company. Hopefully see you soon.

:D fun fun fun in the sun sun sun! It was a blast meeting you two again and I had a brilliant time :)

I am anxiously waiting for the EasyJet flights as I have already put down a deposit with The Boss for mid August for two weeks and this time Heidi will be there too :)
Life is good ;)

Booking.com