Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3101983 times)

ger and 15 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline annie

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #5430 on: October 05, 2011, 10:36:15 PM »
What a lovely photo of some wonderful people who over the years have offered great friendship. Long may the gatherings at 'the nut' be ones of great memories. Here's to the next holiday in Arillas.....cant wait to till next summer.
Annie xx

Offline heatherberriman

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #5431 on: October 08, 2011, 11:35:53 AM »
Just got back yesterday from another two fantastic weeks in arillas.Weather was very hot although we were delayed at the airport comming back due to a storm,thought i was going to get to stay lol.What can i say that hasent already been said about this very special place,again we were made to feel very welcome by everybody,we walked around the village a lot and also took the donkey track over to san stef,we did try the fish and it didnt dissapoint,we never had one bad meal and phil i also tried your pudding cant spell it but it was great.The sea was very warm so did a lot of swimming when we could pull our selfes away from the pool at kaloudis were we wher staying,Met and talked to a lot of people,jill i think we met you and your family,wer you staying in the apartments with the pool on the front? I agree with Erja,we work hard all year to just get away and have a good time.

Offline sharonF

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #5432 on: October 08, 2011, 11:45:59 AM »
Am really pleased you had such a great time.  Which fish did you have, lol,

Sharon x

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #5433 on: October 08, 2011, 12:06:32 PM »
It really is a special place. I knew you would love it. You have joined the hundreds of us who feel that way.

Phil

Offline heatherberriman

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #5434 on: October 08, 2011, 12:29:36 PM »
We had the monkfish with potatoes sharonf,we tried lots of the things we hadnt tried before,we ate one night at the horizon and i had lamb chops with a red wine sauce,they were fantastic we kept going back to see if they were going to be on again but sadly they wernt.This was the first time we had been in september as we always go in may and we are going to book again for around this time.Only down side was wasps and mossies,i sprayed day and night but still ended up with bad bites on my feet,but it never affected our enjoyment.I cant put into words what this place means to both myself and hubby,if there was ever a place that heals people then arillas is it.Sorry for such a long winded post but im still on an arillas high lol.

Offline sharonF

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #5435 on: October 08, 2011, 01:07:43 PM »
You hit the nail on the head with arillas heals part, and its not long winded, you should have realised by now we're all nosey and want to know everything! ;)
So glad you enjoyed the fish and potatoes, i could just eat that!
Sharon x

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #5436 on: October 08, 2011, 01:31:50 PM »
Arillas today is not quite as good - weather-wise - as Arllas yesterday. But still fantastic! Storms last night, we both slept through... bit overcast thismorning but we still walked the circuit and did not wear our raincoats, although we did take them - just in case!!
We're expecting 28 degrees again for a few daysnext week.
Chatted to lots of lovely people.
Arillas and the forum is here for everyone to enjoy - We don't want anyone to leave
Janis x

Offline Mick and Jill

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5437 on: October 08, 2011, 03:57:21 PM »
Hi Heather, yes we were staying at the apartments by Sharons pool bar. You should have sais hi. Glad you had a brill hol xx
Jill XXX

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #5438 on: October 08, 2011, 08:07:18 PM »
Normal service should be resumed by Tuesday, Janis, by the looks of the forecast.
Sandy x

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #5439 on: October 08, 2011, 10:28:54 PM »
Hi Heather. Sorry, I just re-read the posts and remembered - a seasoned Arilliac who wondered about fish. I can only see part of the names on my screen (I need it in big or I wouldn't see anything!) My excuse and I'm sticking to it. In any case, so glad you found something you liked. As we said before, I live on fish when I'm there. Didn't fancy the prawns staring at you from the plate then.....

Take care medear, maybe see you there one day

Phil

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #5440 on: October 08, 2011, 10:38:17 PM »
. Didn't fancy the prawns staring at you from the plate then.....

Phil

Ah Phil, We are all just prawns in this game of chesss we call life.
(Sometimes it's goog and sometimes ....it's googer

A drizzly Arillas tonite which did not spoil our evening bash with bubbly Viv and laid back Pete (As Always). Finished at Rainbow for a final bevvie now home to watch some darts on the box. The first week here , for October, is understandably quiet but more people have more time to spend with the likes of us.  Smaller menus but bigger fun and much more company.
Just eat what's available and enjoy this prime time of good folks who now have that time to enjoy spending some of it with you.
With 19 deg at 11:45 I now sign off to watch some super arrows which my good young pal Calum will no doubt do the same to me next year
Cheers
Negg

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #5441 on: October 08, 2011, 11:03:19 PM »
Flippin' 'eck, Eggy - it WAS you that tooted at us tonight as we arrived at Brouklis hoping to have a nightcap with our Viv 'n' Pete ... ??
Ah well, we enjoyed yet more wine and Greek hospitality when we returned nightcap-less to the Horizon..!!
Hope to see you soon
We're told by Marinos that tomorrow will be sunny, I hope so for Viv and Pete's sake
Janis x

Offline kes

• Forum Fanatic
  • Relax
    • Relax in Arillas
« Reply #5442 on: October 08, 2011, 11:09:45 PM »
How are you with the Snails Phil?....

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #5443 on: October 08, 2011, 11:25:33 PM »

Was that at Thalassa Kes?  Bill and I love snails.

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline kes

• Forum Fanatic
  • Relax
    • Relax in Arillas
« Reply #5444 on: October 08, 2011, 11:34:38 PM »
no..a village Taverna in the mountains on the way to Panakator..
think it was called A La paria or something like that...deff worth a visit...

Booking.com