Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3080656 times)

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #9120 on: March 31, 2020, 04:44:05 PM »
Hi
Or without his speedos .lol
Geoff
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9121 on: April 01, 2020, 06:02:41 PM »
Arillas today is a good day for staying at home. - Cold and wet and still a tad of rain, at 6pm here, making that outside temp of 10deg seem much less.
21 deg inside plus a little whisky plus a decent film is the way to go right now.
Definitely not speedo weather unless you have a belt, to keep them up and socks to pad them out!!!
Thunder and lightening, as I type so switching all off now.
Cheers
Negg

Offline RIL8

« Reply #9122 on: April 02, 2020, 10:50:11 AM »
Lots of activity on the beach this morning JCB moving sand by the front bucket full. Quite a crowd at one time do you think they are aware that it’s all on the webcam!! Mind you it must be a great break from the ISO.

Ril8

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9123 on: April 02, 2020, 02:16:22 PM »
RIL8
Tis strange when you can only work if you are in paid employment but cannot do any work, for others, as a favour.  We have 3 Villa owners, obviously not here, and we offered to do garden watering and Villa checks , if needed. Our policeman friend says we would be fined if we were caught.  This is one person, strictly in isolation, with a hose? - and we would drive there, as we would drive to a supermarket. Bizarre. - and now , so I am told, no sea swimming or fishing. If true, a blow, for many locals who fish to eat, so I don't think that rule will go down very well , at all.
anyway.... good to see our loyal bin men working hard, this morning, and fully geared up for the job. - Taken for granted before, maybe?????
(Re-iterates , in a small way , what Geoff said on his recent post)
 Arillas today - A cleaner beach, 12 deg at 2pm , and a chilly wind.
Be well
Negg

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9124 on: April 03, 2020, 10:30:42 AM »
Hi

Some of our police forces also are monitoring car travel via ANPR cameras and patrolling popular spots such as National Parks and checking the area where the car is registered and warning/fining drivers for travelling to far for excercise. They are citing that you may fill up with petrol or break down and you will then  come in to contact with others.

Geoff

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9125 on: April 04, 2020, 03:22:20 PM »
The fine , here  for not following the guidelines, as I am told is 150e. - So far, again as I am told, 100,000e taken , which goes to assist the Health Service.
So it is very important to text the designated number with the relevant code for leaving your property.
You can quote - Shopping / Chemist / Exercise / Helping the vulnerable / Bank
Obviously we have to tell those "white lies" If we are dumping rubbish or getting petrol etc. - But I still think they have got it right here. - Only 3 reported cases in the age group of 75 plus, so I believe. - Hoping Dimitris will keep us updated. - Knowing and reading a little Greek, at this critical time , is not good enough.
(Fish outa water springs to mind)

But...... We can sit, on our balcony, and enjoy a dry 17deg , knowing that my Ouzo and water is much cheaper here , and served by an unpaid Wegg.
What with that and reducing my smoking, and no afternoon darts, I have minimum of an extra 60e a week in my pocket. (On a spreadsheet - sad git that I be)
Cheers guys and rooting for y'all
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9126 on: April 11, 2020, 05:05:34 PM »
Today finishes with a 22deg and still very warm (at 5pm) - Wish I could get to Arillas but cannot justify driving for exercise and do not want to risk that 150e fine.
Tis very sad with Arillas all dressed up and nowhere to go!! - ISO, here, looks to be until the end of April. 
But... Greece/Corfu, in my opinion, are getting it right. Early lock down with clamp down on those who abuse it. - Only 4 cases here with 2 fatalities, so I am told.
Dimitri will now more.
Cheers
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9127 on: April 11, 2020, 06:15:50 PM »
Well..... I can correct my post above. - At 6:15 we now have 25deg on our balcony. - WOTSTHATALLABOUT??
Negg

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #9128 on: April 11, 2020, 06:34:34 PM »
Wolverhampton Today is about the same mate..... scorchio 😎
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9129 on: April 22, 2020, 06:04:23 PM »
Hi Karl
I would bet that, with the ISO , Wolverhampton does not have any "Wanderers" at the moment.!!
and.... I wish I could tell you about "Arillas Today" but cannot justify being there. - To say I am out for exercise would be frowned upon as exercise should be walking near you house and not driving anywhere. - Don't fancy a fine.
What I can tell you.. tis a wetty today and only 14 deg outside. Probably about the same avrio.
anyway........ tomorrow you will all see a new post called "Kavadades Today". Best I can offer at the moment and may be a change from the norm.
(It's either that or photos of the top ten speedo patterns in the world - As sourced by Donald Trump)
Cheers
Negg

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #9130 on: April 22, 2020, 06:19:45 PM »

Hi Karl

This is the longest run we have had not losing haha

Kev

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #9131 on: April 22, 2020, 07:18:47 PM »
You're on a right run Kev !!!! All thr others have gone on similar runs though 😂😂
Kavadades Today sounds good tn me Negg , be a nice change 🙂
19 degrees and sunny all day today at my patio office 😎
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9132 on: May 03, 2020, 05:05:29 PM »
For an "Arillas Today" you will have to wait for an "Arillas Tomorrow" as restrictions are lifted, a tad, and we are allowed to move further afield.
Wegg looking forward to a walk on the beach and I am looking forward to seeing the beach, from a bench , with beer in hand.
Hoping the locals are as good as the weather. - 24deg , like today , and I think I may cope with it!!!
Cheers
Negg

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #9133 on: May 03, 2020, 06:09:38 PM »

Hi Neil

That’s good news

Kev

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #9134 on: May 03, 2020, 08:23:48 PM »
Enjoy the walk on the beach Wendy, and hope both of you stay well and continue to enjoy yourself without to many restriction.xx

Stay Nude it ante rude

Booking.com