Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3099757 times)

Karen/Colin, MCG, Weeze81 and 15 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #9135 on: May 04, 2020, 06:32:17 PM »
Well !! - The "Arillas Tomorrow" , which I promised, yesterday, on "Arillas Today" will not be with photos until tomorrow which is one day todays "Arillas Today".
To clarify... Tomorrow will feature today's Arillas which I was hoping to post tonight.
But.... I can tell you we have 22 deg and it is a breezy Arillas. - I was sandblasted and nearly blown away trying to sit on a beach front bench and enjoy a beer.
But twas good to be there. - Back avrio.
Cheers
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9136 on: May 05, 2020, 02:08:24 PM »
Arillas , yesterday , compliments of the "Walking Wegg"
Appts opposite Bardis Sun looks to have been have changed a little.

Ina's extending her eating area.

Thallassa improvements

Decking nearly finished at Marina Pool Bar

. and , not forgetting the beach.

. for my part I include a couple of those beach front flowers. - Can never remember the name.

around 21 deg and warm , today.
Cheers
Negg

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #9137 on: May 05, 2020, 03:11:35 PM »
Its all taking shape ready to hit the ground running mate....... 👍
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #9138 on: May 05, 2020, 03:46:02 PM »
Pictures tell a story and the pictures here tell a story.
The first week of what should be a new season full of expectation,  the expectation is there. Locals still working hard to give us those subtle little changes we get every season. Small additions that you sometimes miss if you dont look for them.
And the more noticable one's ... who put those appartments there. It all makes Arillas what it is, thank you Wendy for taking time to take the shots.
But as I said pictures tell a story and the biggest story here is the people who are missing.
The Season is still on hold the first visitors have had to stay at home, those who are anticipating later holidays are still unsure about what is going to happen.
As we say Arillas today will also be Arillas Tomorow let's hope Arillas Tomorow will be available for us all soon.
To our friends over there who continue to work through this hard time for our benifit, thank you we appreciate and miss you all.
The good times will soon return when we come back to your beautiful village and pick up where we left,
 Arillas is part of us we will not forget you.

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #9139 on: May 05, 2020, 04:34:20 PM »
I would like to thank John for saying more or less the same as I was thinking. Once again Thank you for the photo's Neil & Wendy. Love to you both.

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #9140 on: May 05, 2020, 04:42:14 PM »

Hi Neil

The plants u can’t remember is a  Carpobrotus, commonly known as pigface, ice page 1 walk around Arillas

Hope this helps

Kev

P/s
Good pics something I would love to work on keep well u two

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9141 on: May 08, 2020, 06:17:11 PM »
Thanks Kevin,
Finishing at 27 deg , 6pm , today and weather says twill be hot next week. - So.... put strimmer in shed. paintbrush in water., send all stain remover to Geoff, finish knitting new speedos for Pj,  some other time,  and pay Arillas a visit tomorrow.
Cheers
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9142 on: May 10, 2020, 04:04:50 PM »
I really enjoyed my Arillas afternoon break, today, but left a little sad. - This is a Sunday and this is the parking situation.

and that Fiesta is Weggs. - (Sometimes she lets me play with it)
The beach is all dressed up and no one to impress.

and... I did a little trip to Agious Yiorgos.

Being of a suspicious nature, I am sure that a few tourists have snuck into Corfu. - Why?? , you ask. Because I am behind them, when they stop dead to take in the view. (Nearly took the passenger door off when it opened.) The other dawdled, with the choice of Afionas of Arillas, at a T-Junc, and only shot away after a loud purp of the horn.  There was a third who didn't know what the hell he/she was doing.
They are certainly not from the UK so we , can possibly say , have they come over on a boat. Who is close enough to achieve that.??
Cheers
Negg

Offline Graham and Kay

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
  • Wolves are Premier League
« Reply #9143 on: May 10, 2020, 05:51:23 PM »
Good to see the sea front in such pristine condition waiting the tourists.  Really sad that our trip out next Thurs is cancelled; it really does feel like our 2nd home at the Tria.  Sadly we cannot come out until  May 13th (2021) - Easyjet flights are booking until May 4th at the moment, so won't be long now.

Hopefully, Arillas will see some season there where visitors to the"special place'willl help boost the income.

Stay safe everyone.
Wolves are Premier League

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9144 on: May 12, 2020, 07:22:58 PM »
Graham and Kay
Tria Adelphia plod on regardless, with their plans to update, yet again premises for this Summer. - I am so full of praise for them. (But twas fine as it was)
All busy there working away from late morning to early afternoon.
Just heard, from an Arillas local of mine, that they enjoy a 32deg sunny 7pm. = wow!! - Maybe this year Negg will bite the bullet and go for a paddle??
Cheers to all
Negg

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #9145 on: May 12, 2020, 08:56:13 PM »
Lovely pics Eggy but as you say a little sad, well lets be honest very sad Pete and I should be on that beach. See you next year with some luck. I forgot if our Wendy does decide to take a paddle make sure you take a photo. xx

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Graham and Kay

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
  • Wolves are Premier League
« Reply #9146 on: May 13, 2020, 09:46:09 AM »
Negg, thanks for the update.  Phillip, Helen and Yannis are lovely people who never appear to stop working; always making improvements somewhere about their premises.  It really is sad  that they, along with so many other proprietors are not going to reap the rewards that they so deserve, by having a full season this year.
Hopefully, a few weeks of the 2020 season can be recovered and then 2021 can see Arillas thriving once again.

Stay safe everyone.
Wolves are Premier League

Offline momo

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #9147 on: May 15, 2020, 02:27:37 PM »
Thanks for the info Eggy.  It's wonderful to see recent photos of Arillas, especially as we probably won't see it this year. We miss everything, everywhere and especially everyone there. I wonder how Yannis from Scotland, and others who come for weeks are coping without Arillas this year   I really hope all the businesses survive the poor season.  Love to all at Tria and Rainbow and Coconut and Marina and..............and to Neil and Wendy xx

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9148 on: May 16, 2020, 05:08:42 PM »
Mo....If only I had the time to play that guitar of Davids. - But soooo busy.
Arillas today , apart from around the 30's , did get a few locals on the beach.
Look! - there's one..
others saw my camera and made a run for it.

and I have finally found out the correct , UK , spelling for Efi's/Eftihia.

and..... I think this could be the infamous "Jo Wisset Swing" ???

This one was taken from the balcony of an Arillas Villa that we keep an eye on.

Sadly , with their May/June and possibly early July guests cancelling, the owner will feel the pinch just like all Arillas folk.

A tad of possible good news is that Tavernas etc may be allowed to open from May 25th. So many places to eat and drink and so few of us , here , to go around.
(Think we may have a set up a rota)
Cheers
Negg

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #9149 on: May 16, 2020, 05:56:03 PM »
It all looks fantastic! As for my swing that’s long gone and is now replaced with a hammock which I have no intention of trying to climb into, even less that kiddie’s swing (although Mick would prob pay good money to watch haha

Booking.com