Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3102105 times)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #270 on: October 12, 2007, 02:57:37 PM »
Good on yer Riggers

Consider it dun Viv.

22 deg at 3 pm - A bit of sun trying to break through - Visit to Arillas now on the cards.

Cheers
Negg

Offline Cheryl2307

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #271 on: October 12, 2007, 03:16:46 PM »
How did they manage to get a 'cheesy bloke' in their suitcases then?!!  What are you going to do with him over the winter months Eggy?
Cheryl O

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #272 on: October 12, 2007, 04:17:27 PM »
Eggy, with Cheryl talking about bloke's in suitcases reminded me about the one that arrived with me that you pushed under the water whatever happend to him? lol. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #273 on: October 12, 2007, 05:29:16 PM »
Viv
He's been under the water, grown,out of the water, shrank etc. - fascinating.

Cheryl
I think any way I answer your question will leave me open to attack by Terry W.

Do you know that at 4;30 this afternoon Arillas was sitting quietly in a 23 deg temp and looking a pleasure to be on the beach. Which is what a few people did.
Mild breeze, very warm, not bad for the 12th Oct.
"Riggers","Rugbymad" and others could have timed it right for their October break.
Hope I haven't put the usual "kiss of death" on the weather.
Negg

Offline keefy

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #274 on: October 12, 2007, 06:13:01 PM »
Well Eggy i have been back in old blighty since Monday (8th) and reading all the other posts and you saying that it is really warm and nice to go to the beach blumming heck i really miss Arillas the Coco nut you yourself Dimitris the food the whole thing....but i do love it here at work (said with sarcasm)..... Hope you do ok through winter please stay logged on and keep typing those reports....

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #275 on: October 12, 2007, 06:50:21 PM »
Oh Cheryl - you have me worried now. I hope I have never offended anyone.

TerryW

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #276 on: October 12, 2007, 07:13:19 PM »
Terry me 'ole mate - We've all been offended by more respectable people than you!!!
Only joking - Now you're getting paranoid I bet !!
( Maybe it's a sign of hitting that lovely age of 59 )
Say it in Greek - " Penninda En-eh-a" Sounds good to me. - "Ex-in-da" in 12 months!!
(Why has everyone I know older than me got hair ????-Is that your real photo?)

Keefy
These posts will keep coming but I do sometimes get quite paraniod myself you know and worry that people think I'm "blowing the 'ole trumpet" to make them envious.
I don't mean to do that. - Honest Judge.

Negg

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #277 on: October 12, 2007, 09:25:16 PM »
I will need to learn those two age phrases now eggy and yes it is all my own hair. The Photo was taken in Brouklis and you can see Dimitris just over my right shoulder.

Do you have any greek lessons or do you just pick the language up as you go along day to day?. I would love to speak more Greek but I think my hair is a barrier sometimes to what my brain can absorb.

I was pleased with myself at work though this week. A Portugese bloke came to ask if we had any jobs going, and I did manage to say Bon Dia and Obrigardo to him which is "Good morning" and "thankyou", and I haven't been to Portugal for about 8 years. So the grey matter does retain some information.

Lastly, what did you and weggy have to eat at Brouklis last night? It is friday night so I won't get too depressed on finding out.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #278 on: October 12, 2007, 10:49:05 PM »
Terry
Last night at Brouklis Wegg had Stiffado and I had a Beef Cutlett ( Steak ) which I must say was cooked to "better than perfection" due to a quieter evening on their part.
Only 2 bottles of Retsina between us as I was driving.
Our Sandy had a swordfish steak that kept crying out " Eat me-Eat me" and Joyce had Spaghetti and mushrooms with a cheese sauce  which Wegg tasted, and although she generally remains calm in a crisis, loudly said "This is to die for".

Greek I now pick up as I go along but we are considering "Schooling Lessons" in the winter.

"Good morning" and "thankyou" in Portugese is much more than I can manage.
( as long as you get the timing right )
You say good morning - He says good morning - You say thank you.
( He thinks " I know the British are very polite but that's ridiculous!" )
The mind could boggle on this one - Mine already has.
So: - Kalenikta avrio ine alli mia mera. (Goodnight tomorrow is another day.)
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #279 on: October 13, 2007, 01:10:20 PM »
1 pm - and some very noisy thunder going on. Take a look at the last 12 shots of the Arillas web cam and see the clouds poised above the beach.
It's raining here as I type. - A chilly 19 deg. - Lazy day today methinks.
Negg

Offline Ivan

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #280 on: October 13, 2007, 06:35:47 PM »
I don't beleive it! as someone once said. The sun is shining here, the mixer and digger are working and all is well. Coffee break over, back to work,
                                                        Ivan

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #281 on: October 13, 2007, 07:09:53 PM »
Ivan
When I finally got to Arillas, about 3 pm. there were quite a few people on the beach, a few people in the water and, despite a little breeeze, it still felt very warm.
A lot of new faces and Arillas looked busier today than it has been for the last week.
Thalassa, Horizon, Marina all had some occupied tables.

The weather is very changeable here at the moment. Now it's 19 deg and still some clouds around. - Who knows what happens next?
But, I reckon your combination of Sun,Mixer and digger have done you proud today.

Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #282 on: October 14, 2007, 07:26:49 PM »
So, this morning, in Kavvadades very pleasant by 11 am with football being played on the local pitch. Acharavi vs Arillas which, unfortunately Arillas lost 3-2. Probably because Noufris at Brouklis wasn't playing. Nick from Brouklis could have played but he refuses to remove those deep shades he wears when he's not working.
Have we ever seen a centre foreward with sunglasses on ??

Anyway, at 3 pm we, plus in laws, decide to take oursleves off to Arillas for a spell on the beach.
Weather good, beach good but big wind. Nature-not me  What a shame!
 (Nature I mean)

Never say die Mrs Egg decides to give the beach a go whilslt I take the easy way out by meeting Riggers & Co and retiring gracefully to the Horizon for an ouzo or two.
( They bought us Tetley tea-bags - We will soon be drinking their health )

I hope a lovely time had by all. Mrs Egg returning home in parents car leaving me to to run riot and sneak in extra drinks that I may not tell her about.
Riggers and Co totally exhausted, I think, by hind legs repeatedly removed from poor donkey. - Poor couple looked totally exhausted by the time I let them leave.
By 5 o'clock no breeze and a very good looking Arillas beach front. Still nicely warm.

This has to be what holidays and a good life is all about - INNIT ?

Negg

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #283 on: October 14, 2007, 08:02:35 PM »
Eggy, told you before----------you are a rogue! Keep reporting.
Lindypops.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #284 on: October 14, 2007, 10:37:12 PM »
Ah but Lindy P - It's only 15 deg ouside this evening at 10:30 pm
( So you gotta take the rough with the smooth )
Negg

Booking.com