Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3102369 times)

Offline Lindypops

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #195 on: September 29, 2007, 07:51:54 PM »
Wish I was one of `em Eggy. I could do with an Ouzo, especially if it rains whilst I`m there, then a nice taverna owner will provide one,lol!
Lindypops.

Offline Ang

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #196 on: September 29, 2007, 08:14:31 PM »
Negg come the end of the season I think you need to start those negotiation skills...I am sure you will get a few deals...
By the way have  you sorted going out on a wild boar shoot yet (north west is good or so I have been told over the years)and that will provide you and Mrs Negg with a good bit of winter fuel,batch cook it into stews, salt it ,make pate or i am sure the locals will give you even a good few more tips and recipies and what with all the home grown veg that Mrs Negg provides and will continue to do so through the winter ...what a feast you shall have,all you now need to do Negg is to get baking and make the daily bread,ask the baker for some yeast and hey presto..Eggy Bread
Happy Hunting
Ang

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #197 on: September 29, 2007, 10:44:53 PM »
Ang - Have you been drinking ???
The only Wild Boar I ever knew about was me and most of the "wild" has vanished over the years. - Boar is now being spelt differently as well.
Cheers
Negg

riggers

« Reply #198 on: September 30, 2007, 12:33:13 AM »
wish i was there i am man city fan aswell as big arillas fan

Offline Ang

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #199 on: September 30, 2007, 11:59:33 AM »
Negg only the one bottle hehe,the reasonI mentioned it was that last year George from the Crepe shop was going to take Chris hunting if we ever managed to get over inthe winter.
Ang

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #200 on: September 30, 2007, 01:39:43 PM »
Ang
Something else for investigation this afternoon then!
( I'd rather buy some after it's been shot and turned into a joint or steak though )
Negg

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #201 on: September 30, 2007, 03:00:46 PM »
I can just see you in a deerstalker hat Eggy. Go on, have a go.
Lindypops.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #202 on: September 30, 2007, 07:15:31 PM »
I only wear that in the bedroon Lindy P - Together with the "plus fours"

At 1:30 pm today people of Arillas were being sandblasted!! A very aggressive wind!
I did see 2 brave souls on sunbeds. The beach, on the right hand side looked as if the Local Kelp factory had donated all its unwanted stock to Arillas. Those waves must of been working hard all night to build those nice little piles of the stuff.
That's nature for you. No respect for those on, or just about to have, a well earned break.  But hey, it's nearly October. we all take the "ruff with smooth" and inland the temp got to around 25 deg. Another day around a pool - and why not??
( I'm told kelp's good for the garden. - Should I drive down at midnight with a shovel?)
Negg

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #203 on: October 01, 2007, 02:47:42 PM »
What about your jodphurs too Eggy! Sounds a bit fresh there, but nice. I think you could maybe cook some kelp.
Lindypops.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #204 on: October 01, 2007, 07:35:37 PM »
Lindy P
If I make a comment about jodphurs you'll only go on to whips so I'll keep quiet.

Arillas Today at 3 pm found a very relaxed beach, just a little kelp, together with a temp of about 25 deg and a sea with very gentle waves. I nearly went down there to sample the sun and the tranquility it advertised. - However, i only take my clothes off for money nowadays so went to the Coconut Bar instead.
(They insist I pay for alcohol,there-Taking my clothes off is not an option)
Lovely chat with "Hels Bels Duo"

At 6 pm the beach and sea still had that same invite and people were still taking advantage of it. Yer know, tomorrow I may take a towel and a cossie and give up drinking - ( Just for the afternoon )
Arillas - Still a great place to be in - AND NOW IT'S OCTOBER !!
Exchange sitting on e1.418 a snippet of an increase.
Stay well everybody.
Negg

Negg

Offline Ang

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #205 on: October 01, 2007, 10:19:12 PM »
Ah! negg the use of kelp is very good for the garden,but I think you have to let it rot down well as it is strong in iodine,which is good when one gets a mozzie bite that gets a bit infected.
Ang

Offline M n M

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #206 on: October 02, 2007, 01:14:20 PM »
Neil
enjoyed the natter whilst newcastle were robbed (well maybe), got a lot to think about and a L of a lot of reading to get through from the forum, will contact you later.
Mick

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #207 on: October 02, 2007, 02:02:39 PM »
M & M
Good to see you both Mick. Stay well and take it easy.

Ang
I wonder how I can get kelp off the beach. I need to find out if you ask permission or has some one got a contract to remove it. - Could be interesting.
( Still need to find out about wild boar.)

Negg

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #208 on: October 02, 2007, 03:52:58 PM »
Ah, you know me too well Eggy,lol. Good weather here today.
Lindypops.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #209 on: October 02, 2007, 06:23:05 PM »
It suddenly struck me this afternoon that I don't give the full picture of "Arillas Today" as very rarely do I get down there before 2.30 pm. So I asked a few questions.
I'm told this morning was an excellant time for the 10 ish early birds who tend to fly off by midday for a few grubs. A well behaved sea and people taking advantage of it.
This afternoon saw a continuation of this morning but a few less people on beds.
The sea looks so inviting even to a water hater like me.
There are still a lot of people around enjoying a pretty good start to October

The Coconut was where I wanted to be this afternoon though, as 4 hours in Corfu Town does play on the stress levels.
( After 9 am everything moves so quickly there. Even the escalator in Marks & Spencer seemed to be at double speed )
Had a good chat with Helen & Keith ( Hels Bels ). Well Helen really 'cause Keith was involved in a Jackie Chan film. I did tell him, in advance, of who gets killed. I'm very helpful like that.
Bumped into Harold & Sally which made a nice end to a very pleasant afternoon.
Negg

Booking.com