Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3102500 times)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #180 on: September 27, 2007, 11:37:09 AM »
Something I need to find out as I am a great lover of tiling.
I'll let you know.
Negg

Maggie

« Reply #181 on: September 27, 2007, 08:16:25 PM »
They put things on the floor to see if its level, and bring barrowloads in and pour it on. Then they use a thing to smooth it. I did watch, but I'm not very technical. ( I do remember thinking that i wouldn't like to be around when the builders take their wellies off in that heat)!!!

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #182 on: September 28, 2007, 01:17:48 PM »
I'll ask the builder today how he plans to do this screed. I'm used to tiling floors inside properties, generally with a floor leveling compound on the finished concrete, prior to tiling. So bit naive on this one

Arillas Today
Very pleased to see the rain has kept away and temp currently sits at 26 deg. Bit of a breeze blowing inland though and I imagine it could be blustery in Arillas.
It was a very pleasant afternoon yesterday with the temp hiiting the forecasted 27 deg.
Paul and Maria going home this morning. They loved there walking. It tired me out just listening to the places they got to!
(Hope they put in a post about the "German in the wheelchair") Found it very amusing!)
Negg

Offline pg32

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #183 on: September 28, 2007, 01:30:56 PM »
The screed i have normally dealt with here Negg is a mix of sand, fibres and cement. They pump it into the area the level it with, normally just abit of timber but use a laser level to get the FFL. (Finished Floor Level). Must keep off it obviously and protect it from rain!

Offline Lindypops

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #184 on: September 28, 2007, 03:27:55 PM »
Keep an eye out for the moggies Eggy.
Lindypops.

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #185 on: September 28, 2007, 03:54:09 PM »
Cant tell you anything about screed, getting plasterd is a different tale. hehe Love Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #186 on: September 28, 2007, 07:17:33 PM »
Viv
Wish I'd have thought of that one!

PG32-Paul
i hope this doesn't cost me loadsamoney. I only wanted a base for a patio and path that I could then tile on - Should have thought this one out a bit more. I can now see why the first stage of concreting is not as deep as I thought it would be. Lot to learn!

Arillas today
Not a day for the beach as, choppy, could be an understatement. Still a very warm day though as, once again temps of 25/26 deg have done us proud.
I'd be a very happy holiday maker here today and be feeling sad to be going home in a couple of days. Had a long drink/Chat with Forum members Brian and Joan at the Horizon this afternoon who have 4 days left. I would like to hope the weather knows this and treats these last fews day with respect for them, plus other "returnees" of course. I'm beginning to love it here more and more but that's another story..
(Wegg and I even did a twinge more of the railing painting this morning !! - Very peaceful)
Brouklis tonight. - Meeting Eileen and Keith. Haven't eaten at Brouklis for a while and we're beginning to miss our fix of Dimitris,Nick and Noufri.
Happy days all
Negg

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #187 on: September 28, 2007, 08:46:18 PM »
Give Eileen and Keith our love please Neill and ofcorse to you and Wendy and the Brouklis boys and Rula. Viv & Pete

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #188 on: September 28, 2007, 11:58:51 PM »
Viv
Will pass on your wishes tomorrow. We are seeing them again as Keith is only here for a week.
Neill

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #189 on: September 29, 2007, 06:52:05 PM »
Had a very interesting,or boring depending how you look at it,chat about screed this pm
It seem the procedure here is virtually the same with about a 40mm depth and givnig that nice smoother surface to tile on.
Never too old to learn.

In Arillas this afternoon to find a welcoming beach but a slightly unfriendly sea. It didn't strike me as breezy but I don't think anyone told the waves that. Temperatures made around the 25 deg mark. But even the beach could not attract those supporters of Man. City and Newcastle who braved the Coconut Bar to watch the game. I think most were Newcastle supporters because I heard very little cheering each time Man City scored. Although I did see one chap raise his hand when Man City's second goal went in. ( Not sure if he'd lost 3 digits off that hand or not - Industrial accident maybe !! )
Exchange rate is poor at the mo. - only e1.41 something.
Negg

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #190 on: September 29, 2007, 07:02:19 PM »
Hi Eggy. Thanks for the report. Sounds good to me. I love a rough sea, and the water pouring over the jetty pic. Irish Sea the other year was rough, and made for a great crossing.
Lindypops.

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #191 on: September 29, 2007, 07:06:18 PM »
I hope not so rough that access to a certain part of the beach has become difficult...
Sandy x

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #192 on: September 29, 2007, 07:13:22 PM »
Sandy
For 5 euros an hour I would carry you. - It's not a lot but all i can afford !!
Not long afore you're here now ?

Lindy P
Only saw a couple of young wave jumpers in the sea.

Negg

Offline Ang

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #193 on: September 29, 2007, 07:20:30 PM »
Hi Negg yep, the exchange rate today means that you get 1 euro for just under 70p,hate it when it creeps the wrong way.
Ang

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #194 on: September 29, 2007, 07:33:48 PM »
Ang
Even worse when you use it for your house keeping budget.
( Ouzo keeps going up in price !! )
Negg

Booking.com