Author Topic: Moving to Arillas FAQ  (Read 11840 times)

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
Moving to Arillas FAQ
« on: February 21, 2007, 12:03:48 PM »
A lot of people on this forum seem to be seriously considering a change of lifestyle and embarking on a permanent move to Arillas, fair play to you all, from Neil who has obviously been planning for a long time to others who are trying to decide.

As this forum is getting busier and older threads get buried behind numerous pages I thought it would be a good idea to create a Moving to Arillas FAQ and sticky the thread at the top of the page so if anyone has any questions this is the first port of call. A few of us are in unique positions to help others with questions about living costs, utilities, transport, travel, etc, it’s a long list.

I would be happy to start writing something, which over time everyone & anyone could add their own input to eventually creating a nice concise and informative guide. Does anyone else think this is a good idea?

Joe

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
Re: Moving to Arillas FAQ
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2007, 01:23:40 PM »
I think its a great idea, everyone can share their information and it will help put peoples minds at rest about some things and help make them think about other things that may not have crossed their mind, good thinking Joe!

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2007, 02:56:15 PM »
Excellent Idea Joe. - I think you would be kept very busy though.
I wonder if Dimitris would create a section for it ?
Neill Egg

Offline Fiona

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2007, 03:40:01 PM »
Yes Joe, it sounds an excellent idea. 
However, I know it will increase my, already serious, mental problem of wishing my life away until August 2009!!

Fiona

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2007, 04:03:45 PM »
Great, I can use a lot of the information I have sent out already and 'borrow' other items people have posted to amend the first thread in this topic. Once the basic part is done everyone can reply, comment and correct me no doubt many errors with their own factoids and I can incorporate these to, hopefully over time it will build up into a useful resource and keep all the information in the same place. I'm sure Dimitris will have no problem stickying the thread at the top of the page so it doesn’t move down when new topics are created, I'll PM him in a little while, he's no doubt got other things on his mind at the moment.......

If this works out perhaps we could do more such as Arillas Restaurants etc, however I'm opting out of that one is enough for me
 :-)

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2007, 04:31:47 PM »
Hi Joe, A great idea but the Boss isn't that fond of sticky's, you could always email him and ask if he could make a special board for it, as he has done before for certain subjects. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2007, 04:46:16 PM »
Good idea but a new board will create lots more threads on this subject which would slightly defeat the purpose of keeping it all in one easy to find place. Agreed lots of sticky threads make things just as hard to navigate but I believe one for this subject is valid seeing the amount of threads that are created on similar topics, a lot of new users or all these mysterious guests won't trawl through them and there is a lot of good information contained within.

Great pictures by the way you even managed to snap my Mum in two (stood below in the green coat), she must have gone for a nosey, ha ha.

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2007, 05:19:24 PM »
Haha oh bless her, shes just like me when a wedding is happening, have to have a nose :-D !!

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2007, 07:19:45 PM »
Hi Joe, wish we had known at the time, would have gone over and said hello, Still at least I will be sure who she is in May. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline kriopigi girl

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2007, 07:27:22 PM »
Thought I recognised her Joe x

Maggie

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2007, 08:35:03 PM »
  Joe, I think this is a great idea!! It,s not always easy to find out about
  living abroad, but I,m sure this would help lots. Well done.

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2007, 10:44:59 AM »
Hi Viv, I would have told her to look out for you guys to but I didn't know she was going myself, it's a good photo.

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2007, 01:07:12 PM »
Brainwave Joe!  Brilliant idea!!!!  I will look forward to reading the posts on this.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2007, 01:20:15 PM »
I'll cobble something together and add it to the first post in the thread, hopefully this afternoon will stay quiet and I can crack on so to speak.

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2007, 02:02:07 PM »

Good idea Joe,  it will help keep the forum lively and interesting. :-)

hopefully this afternoon will stay quiet and I can crack on so to speak.

Put up the 'do not disturb' sign, get your head down and no distracting yourself by popping into the other boards to see whats happening! 

Eileenxxx

Booking.com