Author Topic: Moving to Arillas FAQ  (Read 11841 times)

Offline Wendy n Stu

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
Re: Moving to Arillas FAQ
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2007, 12:33:10 PM »
Hi Joe, we were wondering if you had any information about renting a property in the Arillas area?  Do you have any idea of cost, what you get included in the rental cost, what other costs are there e.g. the equivalent of a council tax?  We are trying to work out a budget to understand what our overall monthly cost would be if we were to rent in the area.  Just thought you might have some info.  Thank you.  Regards, Wendy & Stuart.

Offline eve

« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2007, 01:11:07 PM »
Hi Wendy And Stu, we have just got back from looking, an apartment is around 300-350 e proprty 400-450e some include water but not elec and local taxes. the cost for all amenities are good, phones seemed to be the sticking point. There is not a lot about, some on the net have long gone, you are probably better to ask locals and the rate then also becomes better than dealing with an agent. I wish you luck with your search.

best wishes Eve.

Offline Wendy n Stu

« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2007, 10:10:03 PM »
Thank you.  That's really helpful to know.  We are thinking about renting our home out in the UK and then giving it a try in Corfu before we make a comittment to buy.  We will keep you posted.  Best Regards, Wendy.

Offline eve

« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2007, 11:01:36 PM »
Yes we thought about renting too but we heard so many stories, decided if we sold it was no longer our worry, but I will this babe fought us all the way but it is the belle of the ball now, All our hard work better be appreciated for a while! tee hee! Thank you for your wishes may you fulfil your dream also, we all deserve a bit of special time, even my youngest (shes 30) is trying to get there failing but trying!

Stay in touch,

Eve.

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2007, 01:31:12 PM »
Can't really add much to Eve's previous post, prices are about what my Mum pays and this includes water. Electricity seems to be paid 2/3 times a year and their last bill was about €300 for 5 months, including winter, taking into account their heating and hot water is electric that is much cheaper than here. Taxes also come in lower than the UK so on the whole cost of living is much less. With my Mum working other the summer it looks like the part jobs can support her, with some to spare without even touching the pension.

Offline Wendy n Stu

« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2007, 10:42:50 PM »
Thanks Joe, much appreciated.  Regards, Wendy.

Booking.com