Author Topic: Coronavirus Latest Updates: Greece is opening for tourism by 14th May 2021  (Read 26842 times)

Offline soniaP

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Thanks Geoff we are flight only. I love how you read all these things - saves me doing it. £90 is not too bad for all the tests and courier etc. Talking to the family we stay with in Corfu and they are very optimistic that Corfu will change to Green as they have increased their vaccination programme.  It is ridiculous that all the islands have been clumped in with the mainland. 

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
Thanks Geoff we are flight only. I love how you read all these things - saves me doing it. £90 is not too bad for all the tests and courier etc. Talking to the family we stay with in Corfu and they are very optimistic that Corfu will change to Green as they have increased their vaccination programme.  It is ridiculous that all the islands have been clumped in with the mainland.

Hi Sonia

Its the same as Spain last year, as initially the islands were treated as the mainland, all red

Here is the link to order tests for a flight only booking for TUI at  preferential costs with one of  their recommended companies

https://screen4.org/tui-pre-flight-covid19-tests/

Keep safe

Geoff
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
Hi Sonia

Sorry I meant to add that there are companies  cheaper than Screen4 

Geoff
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
I have looked at the screen 4 link and there is no mention of a test in Corfu for the return journey.  Does anyone know anything about this?

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
Hi Sonia
See link below
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-testing-for-people-travelling-to-england

TUI's website says you will denied boarding without a negative test

There was a report in the UK's press last week you could take an NHS flow test (which is free) with you to use . No more info seems to have been forthcoming.

Where you take a test , who authorises it etc still seems a bit of a mystery.

Keep safe

Geoff

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
Yeah it is all very unclear still. I was just looking at that site and was going to also post it. I cant believe we got last year with less hassle.

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
This is also worrying- see link below. It states that in addition to the predrparture covid test that you will also be tested on arrival in Corfu and if  anyone on your flight bus or train tests positive you may also have to quarntine in Corfu

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
Hi

Not many people are talking about the Fit To Travel Certificate which  you have to have before you can enter Greece, and many other countries.
You have to have a negative test 3 days prior to leaving the UK.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/greece/entry-requirements. Extract below

If travelling by air, land or sea to Greece, you must provide evidence of a negative result from a PCR test for COVID-19 that has been conducted within the 72 hour period before your arrival time in Greece. Failure to do so may result in your carrier not allowing you to travel and will likely result in the Greek authorities refusing you permission to enter Greece.

The Greek government have announced that, from 19 April, arrivals from the UK with proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test, undertaken within the 72 hour period before arrival into Greece are exempted from the need to self-isolate on arrival to Greece. In addition to this they have announced that UK travellers with proof of two COVID-19 vaccinations completed at least 14 days before travel are also exempt from self-isolation. Until there is means to certify vaccinations for international travel, all travellers should continue to obtain a PCR test as stated above.

I have not found a definative answer to what  proof of vaccination allowing entry into Greece without a PCR test is acceptable.
I have read in the UK press and the Keep Talking Greece press that Greece will accept proof of vaccination with no need for a Fit To Travel Test.
Will our NHS app provide the proof the Greeks need?

If anybody has any info I would be pleased to hear. If I get to Greece this June dont fancy being denied entry because the NHS app is not acceptable

Keep safe

Geoff

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
This is also worrying- see link below. It states that in addition to the predrparture covid test that you will also be tested on arrival in Corfu and if  anyone on your flight bus or train tests positive you may also have to quarntine in Corfu

Sorry forgot to post the link

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/greece/entry-requirements

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
Hi
I think our posts passed each other.
I did get a notification that a change had been made to the post and did I want to still send
Geoff

Offline Jon B

I think that All visitors to Greece must have a negative PCR test taken 72 hours before departure from UK... And equally important is the fact that you have to have a negative PCR test taken in Greece before you return to the UK. My big worry is where in Corfu can you take a test?  With so many UK visitors, the demand for these tests will be huge. Will there be special transport laid on to such testing labs if the only clinics and labs are in Corfu Town?.

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
At the moment you have to wear a mask while outdoors in Greece,as well as in stores etc. a 300 euro fine for anyone not wearing one(if caught)
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
That is my worry too. Our hosts state UK have said that the lateral flow tests by Greek authorities will be accepted.  Even if Corfu goes on the green list then at present a PCR test before return home  is still required. I have also been told that there are many PCR test centres on the island.

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
if you are going with Tui they are doing the Pcr tests for £20 per test and they will help with you getting one
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
Harold we are flight only. They can arrange the tests at £90 each but I cant see that it includes the pre departure home test. 

Booking.com