Author Topic: Coronavirus Latest Updates: Greece is Shutting Down  (Read 44148 times)

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Coronavirus Latest Updates: Greece is Shutting Down
« Reply #90 on: June 05, 2020, 03:32:10 PM »
Hi
See following article from the Times. If this does actually materialize, as I said previously, the world cannot afford the shutdown any longer ,economics will decide your holidays this year not the virus.
Just travel from a high death rate/ high infection area  to a ''clean airport''. Does that make sense?
You still have to get travel insurance, which could be another problem.

Avoid coronavirus travel quarantine by flying from ‘clean’ airport

Holidaymakers flying from a limited number of British airports will be able to enter Europe without being tested and quarantined under new measures to open up tourism.

A “blacklist” of 13 UK airports has been drawn up by the European Aviation Safety Agency (Easa), an EU organisation, to mark out those in areas with the highest coronavirus infection rates.

Greece confirmed yesterday that the system would be used to determine which passengers would be subject to the strictest measures on arrival from June 15 when it opens its borders to tourists for the first time since March. All people from high-risk areas will be given a Covid-19 test, with isolation periods of seven or 14 days depending on whether the result is positive. Harry Theoharis, Greece’s tourism minister, confirmed that the “more difficult travelling arrangement” would only routinely apply to those arriving from airports on the list.

It raises the possibility that tourists will be able to avoid tests and quarantine when flying out of some UK airports. Those not on the Easa list included Edinburgh — the sixth busiest airport in Britain — as well as Belfast, Bristol, Aberdeen, Southend, Southampton and Cardiff.

The 13 airports blacklisted included Heathrow, Gatwick, Luton, Stansted, Manchester, Birmingham and Glasgow. The list will be updated regularly. Easa’s global list featured all airports in 23 American states and those in the Île de France region around Paris, Lombardy in northern Italy and those in Catalonia and Madrid in Spain.

The plan emerged as Spain said that it wanted to welcome British tourists back as soon as possible. It will receive foreign visitors from July 1. A pilot scheme will operate in the last two weeks of June involving thousands of visitors, mostly from Germany, arriving in the Balearic and Canary islands and tracked through an app.

Aviation sources told The Times yesterday that the Greek arrangement was likely to be adopted in other European countries in coming weeks and months......
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Offline harold

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #91 on: June 05, 2020, 03:59:29 PM »
so looks like Arillas on 28th September from Exeter then as already booked and being a pensioner do not have to worry about quarantine on return.
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #92 on: June 05, 2020, 04:16:35 PM »
Hi Harold
Hope you are right about Exeter for your sake. This is the list I have seen on line. Perhaps Exeter is such a  small risk its not included on any list lol

High Risk Airports
Heathrow
Gatwick
Stansted
London City
Luton
Birmingham,
Doncaster Sheffield
East Midlands
Leeds Bradford
Liverpool John Lennon
Manchester
Newcastle
Glasgow

'Low risk' airports
Southampton
Southend
Bournemouth
Bristol
Carlisle
Durham Tees Valley
Edinburgh
Aberdeen
Inverness
Cardiff
Belfast
Belfast City
City of Derry
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Offline GillB

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #93 on: July 01, 2020, 02:05:10 PM »
So new guidance from the Greek authorities has been updated today on travel from the UK.

‘ Restrictions in response to coronavirus
You must complete an online Passenger Locator Form (PLF) at least 48 hours before your arrival in Greece. The form is online, in English. Once you have completed the form, you will receive a QR code (which you can display either on your mobile phone, or on a printed piece of paper). You will need to show this code to the Greek authorities on your arrival in Greece.

You must wear a face mask at all times when on an aeroplane or ferry travelling to or from Greece; and whilst at airports.

When you arrive in Greece, the Greek authorities will scan the QR code generated when you completed the PLF form, and may direct you for health screening (including testing for coronavirus). The Greek authorities’ instructions will differ according to whether you arrive by land, sea or air. Check out the requirements that will apply to you on the PLF form page.

The Greek authorities may require you to undergo testing for coronavirus, as part of health screening after you arrive in Greece. Any passenger entering Greece is liable to be asked to undergo a test, but you are likely to be asked if you have arrived from a country outside of the EU (including the UK), either directly or via indirect flights. If you are a British national who lives permanently within the EU, or have been in another EU country for some time before travelling on to Greece, you may be asked to prove that you have not recently travelled from the UK.

After testing, you will need to self-isolate at the address given on your PLF form, filled out prior to your arrival in Greece. You will be contacted by the Greek authorities with your test results, and given further instructions (e.g. whether you are free to leave your accommodation, or must self-isolate for a longer period). If your test result is negative, you will no longer need to self-isolate. If your test result is positive, the Greek authorities are likely to ask you to self-isolate in government-provided accommodation for 14 days.

You must comply with all instructions given by the Greek authorities. Failure to do so may result in you being refused permission to enter Greece and / or legal enforcement.’

Can’t blame them in the slightest for being very cautious...
Will just stare at the view via the webcam for this year... it will have to suffice! Good luck to anyone still hoping to go... but the risk is just too great for us. Stay safe Arillas xx

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #94 on: July 01, 2020, 02:18:51 PM »

Hi

Thanks for posting the Greek news it’s looking good 🤞

Kev

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #95 on: July 01, 2020, 02:21:57 PM »
Cheers Turkey,
tui not starting flying from Exeter till August 19th
Harold,

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #96 on: July 01, 2020, 03:20:32 PM »
Hi Harold

Dont seem to hear about safe airport scheme lately.
Couldnt really understand the effectiveness of it as said before.
If one  airport is a high risk, what stops somebody  travelling to a low risk airport for departure?

Hope you get there and have a great time

Geoff

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #97 on: July 01, 2020, 04:58:28 PM »

Hi.

I have been looking on the net but gives me big headache

Can someone say are holidays on or no one no’s like the government haven’t got a clue

I just want to know so I can pack my mankini and I can get Mr Eggs little mankini
Can you picture Mr eggy playing darts in a mankini what a sight 🙀 at least he will win we would be laughing so much

Neil if you wear yours I put mine And parade around Arillas haha

Kev

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #98 on: July 01, 2020, 06:44:59 PM »
All very concerning if this is how things stand in terms of testing at the airport and if one of you tested positive and had to go into Greek accommodation and self isolate.  A group of 9 of us supposed to be going on the 30th July and it would only take 1 of us to be positive for it to spoil everyone's holiday. Not sure if it is a risk we will take.  Very off putting. ☹

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #99 on: July 01, 2020, 07:11:46 PM »
nothing on these air bridges at the moment,but as things stand we cannot fly to Greece until at least the 15th of july
Harold,

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #100 on: July 01, 2020, 08:55:20 PM »
Personally I think for those of us going ( or at least hope to be going) late July onwards, let’s just sit tight and see what we know by July 15th. Things changing daily and weekly. Nobody wants to be quarantining on their holidays whether it is 1 night or 14 nights! Let’s just pray to the Greek gods that in the next couple of weeks that thinks move in our (UK) favour x

Offline coys

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #101 on: July 01, 2020, 10:16:07 PM »
Easy Jet have today cancelled our Corfu flight for the 17th of July.
looks like we wont be going this year, first time we have not been to Arillas in over 30 years
barry 

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #102 on: July 02, 2020, 12:15:11 AM »
Well it seems like I spoke too soon.. just logged on to my EJ account and my outgoing flight from Manchester on 20th July has been cancelled 😩😩

It did however let me book for the next day so I have! Clinging on for dear life!!

Offline Donpipez

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #103 on: July 02, 2020, 08:53:47 AM »
Good Luck Jo

Jill & I have decided with all the uncertainty regarding quarantine etc that if Jet2 cancel our flights again then that's it & it wasn't meant to be this Year!!

Like you still clinging on to a glimmer of hope but can't see us rebooking as Jill in particular is worried about the testing/quarantine issues on arrival in Corfu.

Fingers Crossed....……

Neil & Jill

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
Harold,

Booking.com