Author Topic: Cost of meals and drinks  (Read 9596 times)

Offline chezphil

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
  • cant wait
Cost of meals and drinks
« on: August 04, 2013, 11:41:12 AM »
Hi we will be arriving on the 12th staying at the nafiska again, just doing my budgeting for the lovely 2 weeks stay just wondering what the average price of eating out is and the cost of drink.
cheers Phil.

Yammas

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
Re: Cost of meals and drinks
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 11:52:25 AM »
Hi Phil.

We found prices amazingly held down compared to last year. We ate a fabulous meal at Vavilas with wine and Mythos for 21 euros, but I left 25. The specials at Graziella still include 3 courses for  11 euros - I had wonderful local tomato soup, whole sea bream and cheesecke for this! The garlic prawns at Effi's still  cost the same as last 2 years etc etc. Mythos averages 3, but you can pay 2 in some places. Coconut prices exactly the same as last 2 years across the board.

I don't know how they do it, when their costs are rising so fast.

Hope this helps
Phil

Offline chezphil

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
  • cant wait
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 11:57:07 AM »
Cheers Phil i was expecting a rise but thats sounds good dont have too cut doen on mythos intake then.

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2013, 12:18:29 PM »
most of the eateries have kept there prices down ,specials of the day from about  7-9e.,and the portions still the same size,and as you know pints of local ranging from,1.50 -3e,,dont worry about the prices just enjoy as we know you will ,,yiammas..p/s were staying at nafsika in sept ,,say hi to jimmy and vicky ,xxx

Online Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2013, 01:19:01 PM »
How all Tavernas/Eateries etc keep the prices down is amazing.

Last night, at Mon Amour, Wegg had a large moussaka plus some chips and I had a plate of the gyros sliced lamb, with chips, plus 2 bottles of retsina for a total of 17 euros. We bought half the moussaka home which gives her lunch today.

Negg

Offline Paul D

• Forum Fanatic
  • Welsh Arilliac
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2013, 03:15:39 PM »
Good to know that prices are still reasonable, with the pound to euro not so good - it all helps the finances.  But, I don`t care how much I spend.  Just enjoy!

Paul
Arillas - `perfect antidote to life`s stresses and strains`!

Offline HH

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2013, 04:27:46 PM »
Mon amour sounds a good place to try. Never been there (despite 9 visits to Arillas) but this year we will - if someone can tell me how to find it!

We always hire a scooter so have got to know the local roads and potholes and have seen signs pointing to the Taverna but  have struggled to locate it.
Any help gratefully received ...

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2013, 05:37:05 PM »
Follow the road up past the Tria carry on to the top of the road turn left at the junction and follow the road towards Kavvadades, follow the road and you will find Mon amour on the left.

Offline HH

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2013, 06:23:46 PM »
Thank you, John the ref,
Mon amour will be on our list for August/September this year.

Online Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2013, 07:06:04 PM »
The biggest problem you guys have is how to fit all these local places in, whether you have a 1/2/3 week break.

Every place, either Mon Amour (Kavadaddes) or Night Owl (Afionas), or many of course of those well known Arillas haunts, will look after you well.

And..... never be afraid to be the first two in a Taverna/Restaurant. I know for some that it can be a tad nerve wrecking but someone has to be first in.
And..... has anyone noticed that by being first in all of a sudden others follow??.
(When you leave it's a busy place to be at)

We have a hit list of places we have to visit before the end of Sept.
Brouklis - has to be done again. Vinceceremos - Not got there yet! - Akti is on our list. Portofino, Horizon, Marina - How many days left?
We've had the super spit lamb at Tria and enjoyed a Rainbow night but only once each. - Maybe I should take out a mortgage??
Vavillas? - Been there and enjoyed-- Graziella? - Gotta get there.
Maybe do Vavillas again.--- But, also, have to do Eftihia again.
Wotabout Armourada? - Done twice but there is a need for a third!!
We have already got to Kostas on the beach but Thallassa still to do-Bugger!
I have a headache now so leave all choices to you.
Now - Who have I left out? - After reminders here folks.
Negg

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2013, 07:25:24 PM »
Neill me ole adversary, you have just described our huge problem.

We know the folk in all of your list, but how can mere mortals like us find three stomachs per night during a 3 week stay? Or the ability to pay for 3 huge meals every night? Or eat them?

We just did 18, only 12 of them different places during our summer stay. One with you and Wegg. But feel we have let the others down.

I realise that it is impossible, even if you live there, to do them all. Such is the fantastic food available in tavernas in Magoulades. And in that area, we only ever try Arillas.

Phil

Online Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2013, 07:41:13 PM »
And , Phil.....
...... Hotel Marvel is one of many I have left out. The mother of Kostas, as you know, is a super cookie!!
Then there is the Captains Table. - Plate n a half
(Only visit if you have just got to Arillas after a three day delay without food)
Negg

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2013, 08:52:03 PM »
hh
monamour will also pick you up and drop you back when your ready ,give it a try ,,im sure someone will get the number for you ,x yiammas

Offline billb

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2013, 01:37:44 PM »
Bobby from Bardis booked us in mon amour and they picked 12 of us up and dropped us off when we were finished. Its well worth a visit :)

Offline PMC

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2013, 04:55:45 AM »
Myself, hubby and ten yr old daughter are arriving this Thursday in arillas after a 17 year gap!!!!
Can anyone tell me if we have to book a table in many restaurants? Not sure how busy it is at the end August? thinking specifically of vavilas and brouklis. Any other tips for things to see/do whilst we are there would be appreciated.

Thanks

Booking.com