Author Topic: Another new Arilliac  (Read 5682 times)

Offline hippopotandmouse

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
Another new Arilliac
« on: October 03, 2011, 03:05:46 PM »
Just spoken to another convert to Arillas. Just before we came in Sept we recommended it to a lady who works in the same shopping centre as us, who was looking to go on holiday. They have just returned from a holiday at the Akti, and have fallen completely for the charms of Arillas. We actually overlapped by 3 days, but didn't bump into each other. Like us, she can't quite put her finger on what happens when you arrive in Arillas, but she loved every minute!!   

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
Re: Another new Arilliac
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 07:38:58 PM »
ONCE BITTEN
well we all know what happens after that

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 09:56:59 PM »
With a bit of luck the lady will also tell family or friends, and even more Arilliacs will be born.

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 10:21:15 PM »

That's the way it works Terry, as you well know.
Lets all try and keep this thread that Terry started going all through the closed season.
 We may entice lots more people to try a holiday in Arillas in 2012.

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2011, 11:08:17 PM »
Sorry this thread was started by..... hippopotandmouse.
 I meant to say "trend"  started by Terry, because I think he had one similar called....... More reasons to holiday in Arillas. Very much the same sentiments.
Arillas needs more visitors to try its charms. As John says 'Once Bitten'

Val x

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2011, 11:43:15 PM »
One of my problems is that I worry too much, but I would never worry about recommending Arillas to anyone, unless they wanted 18 -30 type holidays.

Dean and Sian are still raving about their first holiday in Arillas, and Jane at work, who went a few weeks ago for the first time, can't stop talking about it either. It actually gives me a real buzz seeing Arillasitis setting in with other people, and now I want to be buzzing a lot more :-).

I just hope that price increases from the new taxes don't put prices up to a point where people look elsewhere for cheaper holidays.

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2011, 12:01:07 AM »

Can't see why the new taxes should affect the package holidays though, after all it would mean that they would then HAVE to pay the owners more for their rooms.
 Maybe more owners will go independent next year, or remove some of their rooms from package deals. I don't know what sort of red tape travel companies use, but you can bet it's tied very tight.

Val x

Offline ness44

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2011, 12:08:34 AM »
I think if too many owners remove their accommodation from package holidays then it might put people off going to Arillas. I always like to book a package holiday as travelling with children i know exactly what i am getting and its all arranged for me. Maybe without children i would go independant but at the moment i wouldnt. I am going next year for my first time and am pleased i could have it all arranged easily for me.
Just my thoughts though!!

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2011, 01:15:56 AM »
Ness, I can totally understand your sentiments as it takes a lot of guts to take the plunge and arrange your holiday yourself. The first time we did it (Irene Villas if I recall) we couldn't relax until we actually got the keys to the apt, and this was with 3 young children!

I think the package deals are vital as well as they offer Arillas to a wider audience and as people return again and again (we have just completed our 13th stay) and get to know the people they slowly gain the confidence of going solo. A big factor is the massive savings you can make, not so much with a couple but definitely families.

Because I am confined to summer holidays I find that the cost of my holiday 2 weeks, including flights generally comes out at around £1600 (for a family of 5).  Not one of the tour operators could touch this and besides I could never imagine staying anywhere other than our perfect seafront apts.

Things can go wrong though. Last year my friend and her family arrived at their accommodation to find that they had been booked in the week previously so had no room! I can only imagine their panic, but within an hour they had walked along the seafront into the Marina hotel with sea views and secured 2 rooms for around 300 euro's less than the price they were originally paying! There are literally dozens of apts and rooms all over Arillas, lots of which are not even on here so I am very confident that you would alweays find somewhere.

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2011, 01:36:34 PM »

Arillas needs the travel companies, they put Arillas on the map by having the accommodation in their brochures, but they also pay very little to the owners for rooms, but although low it is a guaranteed income, we pay a set price and there is also the back up of a rep if anything goes wrong. This I think that is what appeals to lots of people.

When you go independent every single penny for your accommodation goes to the owners, looking for flights might be tedious and can prove overall to be more expensive than the package deal if you can't find a bargain.
Whatever route you choose though, you will be guaranteed a warm welcome by ALL the owners who often become friends for life, you will be welcomed by every single person you deal with when you stay in Arillas, when you eat, drink, shop or use any pool or sunbed.

Anyone who is undecided about Arillas please read the posts on the forum, also ask any questions that you have, there will always be someone who can help you answer them.

Greece is having a very hard time at the moment, but overall the people of Arillas are doing their best to ensure that very little changes in this little part of paradise. There will always be visitors but they need MORE visitors to sustain the village in these hard times.

Book your holiday in Arillas, a package or independent it doesn't matter, you can even just turn up, you will always find somewhere to stay, please come and discover the real hospitality of Corfu.

Val x

Offline ness44

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2011, 04:33:45 PM »
Jo
Like you, am i tied to going in the school holidays and it does annoy me that they put the prices up so much for families. One day i will find the courage to go it alone! I would much rather the people who own the apartments receive all the money but it is taking the plunge.I am really looking forward to my first visit next year and if everthing you all say on here is true then many more visits!

Offline indigo648

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2011, 10:13:51 AM »
Just had our first holiday in Arillas we have been to a lot of other islands including other resorts in Corfu but have never found a resort so clean and friendly. We felt at 'home' as soon as we arrived been raving about it ever since coming home feel might become an addict.

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2011, 02:44:04 PM »
I'm glad you had lovely time in Arillas, indigo648, but I am a bit worried about your health. I fear that you may well be suffering from arillasitis :-) which  is the pain one suffers due to lack of Arillas. Worse than that, you could also be  suffering from an Arillasolism, which affects the brain, and is a more severe form of arillasitis. It is very infectious and can be easily passed on to family and friends.

Cold Turkey will set in after a few months, (usually just after Christmas) but you can get some relief by getting a prescription for Arillas from your travel agent. You can also take a dose of arillasdotcomamol, at least three times a day, to ease some of the discomfort.

But, and I hope you are sitting down, you will never be cured. Arillasitis is a seasonal disease and once caught you will have it forever

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2011, 08:30:01 PM »

So very well put Terry.

Indigo648 'Wecome to Arillasolism'  meetings are held at least once a year were you will meet follow addicts having a high old time.

Val x
ps. where did you stay?

Offline indigo648

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2011, 09:36:56 PM »
We stayed at Kalloudis which we really enjoyed as we had a room over the shop so had beautiful views in the morning and evening [now wallpaper so it can be viewed daily]  I'm afraid it is too late Graham came in from work today and after 1 week he is showing the first signs of this sickness [after first checking whether I had done the lottery] he then complained about the aches and pains that have returned now we are home  so I think the only cure will be planning our trip to Arillas next year perhaps doing it independently- Jenny

Booking.com