Author Topic: Whispers  (Read 17147 times)

Offline Jo Wissett

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Whispers
« on: August 06, 2010, 11:34:32 AM »
We have seen and heard much about the Pizzeria, but has Whispers next door re-opened as well? Would be nice to see that up and running again.

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
Re: Whispers
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 11:48:53 AM »
I told Helen that the Pizzerie had opened again and her reaction was that of being worried that she would be sitting in Brouklis and be able to hear music as it used to be. Music from Whispers would spoil a very unique eating experience. In fact It would ruin my holiday.

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2010, 12:16:21 PM »
I wouldn't worry too much Terry as it used to have a very chilled vibe years back and I doubt you would hear from Brouklis.

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2010, 12:17:00 PM »
Sorry to say Jo that Whispers is still closed and quite sad looking, it didn't look like it will be open anytime soon  
The love affair continues.

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2010, 03:54:18 PM »
I told Helen that the Pizzerie had opened again and her reaction was that of being worried that she would be sitting in Brouklis and be able to hear music as it used to be. Music from Whispers would spoil a very unique eating experience. In fact It would ruin my holiday.

I always stay in Brouklis Rooms and that would mean that I would have to stay out till wee hours on my holidays. Wait that's what I do already :D

But I have to agree that loud(?) music would somewhat spoil the lovely dining experience in the taverna downstairs.
Life is good ;)

Offline Ang

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2010, 05:39:18 PM »
For those of us that remember Whispers it really wasnt any louder than what we get today with the malibu and coconut in fact quieter, I totally agree with Jo it did have a chilled vibe.
I looked at the site myself a few years back and belive it or not got as far as getting a business plan all done etc, but circumstances changed so I shelved the idea but its still on the back burner for me....well its what I do to earn a crust lol
Ang

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2010, 08:18:28 PM »
Well we have a couple of Ideas as well Ang but mums the word:-)!!

With regards to music, I have often said that I cannot understand why the taverna's dont have Greek music on in the background. I'm not talking 100 decibels 'play Bazouka' just something subtle to add to the ambience. One of my most vivid memories of my childhood was a holiday we had in Rhoda and loving the songs and that is why the Greek night at Marina is biggest highlight of my holiday.

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2010, 08:23:36 PM »
and plate smashing! How come there is no plate smashing in Arillas, and balancing tables on chins?? its all coming back to me now....However, Gorgeous Telis and his Zorba more than make up for the loss of these theatrics! :-)

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2010, 08:46:59 PM »
I thought i had read somewhere that Whispers had opened as a pizza place or am i on the wrong place just past the junction below Brouklis ?
Tony

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2010, 08:49:27 PM »
Whispers next door to Pizzeria Tony, on the corner.

Offline Ang

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2010, 09:08:40 PM »
Ah Jo!! you have made me smile hun on a damp, grey, drizzle evening after a very hard week at work.
It was the smashing of plates and balancing on chins that did it for me lol,maybe we have both been brought up with plenty of Greek holiday influence, I think mine started in late 70's
And no worries mums the word ;-)
Angx

Offline sunflower

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2010, 10:39:22 PM »
Hi Jo,
Last year in September there was a group of young girls dancing
and smashing plates at the Coconut. It was not the traditional
Greek dancing, more like a modern sexy variation, and they were great!

Love Connie x

Offline lew19

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2010, 12:42:01 AM »
While we were in Arillas two weeks ago, Whispers Pizzeria opened and we saw Whispers bar having a lick of orange paint and all the lights being fixed, but maybe that was because they were  opening their Pizzeria 

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2010, 02:06:57 AM »
The Pizzeria was open and doing well during our last couple of days on 24th July. Tania the doctor was even in evidence, and so obviously enjoying herself. We shared a big smile. After all, she stitched up my chewed thumb last year after cookie bit me. I am eternally grateful to her for the great result. With Yanni it woud have been a high five but that would have ben pushing it with Tania....

I sat nattering to Eileen for ages after the family went their merry way. Somehow we just connect. She is an Arillas treasure. I didn't finish my pizza, but after nearly two weeks of eating tons of gorgeous food it didn't matter.

There was no sign of Whispers ifself being anything but empty. Don't hold your breath, but it won't be in use this year.

Phil

Offline sunflower

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2010, 02:41:07 AM »
Hi Phil,
Great to have you back on the forum !!!
I was beginning to think you've gone into a coma
or something after returning to the UK.
But don't be sad: Arillas is still there when you return!

Once again: thanks for your reports and photos.

Connie x  :-)

Booking.com