Author Topic: Bardis Sun Apparts/Studios & Arillas  (Read 20834 times)

Offline Jason Canadian

Bardis Sun Apparts/Studios & Arillas
« on: June 15, 2005, 12:31:24 AM »
I like reading about how people perceive accomodations.  Unless your room has a foul odour of rotten road-kill, backed-up sewer or someones bad BO or if you had a break-in or were too fat to squeeze through the door, how can you complain about where you spend 5-8hrs a day with your eyes closed?!!!!  Seriously though, we all like to read about "complaints" in places, but you hear more complaints about the €100/night hotels than you so about the €20/night hotels.  I just spent a week at the Bardis Appts. and couldn't find one thing about the place to complain about...oh..I lie, the mosquitos did give me an unexpected blood transfusion, but with enough beer, the pain subsides quickly.  Spiros, Popy, Bobby, Dorita and even that little pool shark George were some really nice people that work 7 days a week just to make us happy.  Thompson holidays is giving them the shaft with what they earn, but they put that aside and try to give us the best holiday they can.  Which, might I add, is exactly what they did.  I mean, do any of you really know how much € they really get per room? Didn't think so.  Not much.  They and there cleaning crew do a fantastic job there and it makes me mad when I read some "not so good" comments about the place(s)-note: other sites mention poor things about it more so than here.  
  As for the town/village of Arillas, well, what else do you want? Beach, ocean front tavernas, supermarkets, (british newspapers for those that care what's going on at home), evening entertainment(i spared you all when i opted not to Karaoke!!) and friendly people(except the doughnut man..hahaha((€3 banana+watermelon))    I am going to suprise a friend of mine there in july and can't wait to visit all of my greek friends i made.
 Now, that kissing ass is over. Who has some pictures of me that they want to blackmail me with?   Jason
Havn't we met?

Offline Eileen

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2005, 12:59:22 AM »
Hey Jason and welcome to the forum,

'Sorry but your preaching to the converted here, :lol:   if you lift your head up and stop "kissing ass" for a minute and read this forum correctly you will find that there is not much criticism at all re-apts/Arillas, most of us are all united in the fact that we love Arillas and do our utmost to promote it in a positive manner.  Read the previous threads and you will find that we do know what the owners are paid by the T.Operators and that we sympathize with them, many of us spend a lot of money in our accomodations on food and drink because we know that this is how the owners make their money, it does not miss us either that they work very hard for it.
As for pictures to blackmail you with....perhaps in July, but only if your worth blackmailing! :twisted:

Eileen

Offline Jason Canadian

Well, Well, Well
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2005, 01:47:44 AM »
Maybe I should spend 5hrs reading all of the comments in this 'thread' so as I can avoid being scalded by you..Eileen!  This is an informative website for further people to read and enjoy and perhaps they/you should just take my message as a reminder to others or people that just 'come across' the site that "if you have nothing nice or constructive to say, don't say it"  

And a little kissing ass never hurts when you are looking for cheap accomodation next year (sans T.Holidays..if you know what I mean)
Havn't we met?

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2005, 08:31:10 AM »
Jason,

Fair do's about not wanting to spend '5hrs reading all comments', but I still fail to see who you are getting at here. I'm sorry if I I totally misunderstood your message  :? but to me anyway it sounded as though you were getting a someone, I could understand the reason for your posting if this forum was full of unfounded negative comments..but it is not.

For cheap accomodation, just 'kick Ass T.Holidays outa the way and book direct with the owner...but then where does that leave the owners contracted to the Tour Ops? :?.....

Eileen

Offline Lisa and Steve

• JustLisa
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2005, 10:04:55 AM »
We have heard that Thomson are virtually pulling out of Arillas next year.So we will be looking to book our own flights and accomodation.We love staying at the bardis sun and would like to continue to do so but not if Thomson is still involved.

Offline Burt2000

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2005, 11:36:17 AM »
hey jason myself and girlfriend where staying at the bardis sun apts the same week as you.....we also had a great holiday and will defo be back again hoping to stay at the same place.....i can agree with all you say spiros/poppy and family are a great bunch and made the holiday really enjoyable the apartments were spot on for what we paid and i couldnt have met a nicer bunch of people. 8)

Cheers
Barry

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2005, 11:46:20 AM »
Hi Lisa,

At the moment on the Thomsons website, the only apartments in Arillas I can see featured for 2006 are the Kaloudis in the Skytours brochure.

Maybe they will add more later, could it be that there is some truth in the rumour you heard?

Eileenx

Offline db

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2005, 02:08:36 PM »
hey jason its barrys girlfriend. im sure u remember talkin to  him, or maybe u only had eyes for the rep,  :lol:  only jokin. we had a brill stay at those apts and enjoyed the company of spiros, poppy and bobby every nite who gladly kept themselves up late enough  to occupy al of us with drinks. i agree that for what we payed we got what we wanted and the friendliness of the family was a bonus. dont think jason was gettin at neone  :?

aodhain

Offline Aly

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2005, 04:19:21 PM »
Now now just stop everyone!  Read the first msg on this forum, its not derogatory whatsoever - quite the opposite.

Offline db

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2005, 04:23:55 PM »
which one is that aly? is it jasons?there is only one page i can get

Offline Aly

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2005, 04:26:46 PM »
aye tis Jason's, the very first one (he took up a whole page)  :wink:

Offline db

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2005, 04:33:48 PM »
:lol:  so i noticed. i agree aly i dont think neone is aiming these messages at ne one in particular. suppose when you meet people like poppy n srpiros and family, you dont like to have ne one think bad of them when they put so much work and effort into making ur stay so pleasant.i no i wouldnt n i do remember before we went to arilas, checking the accom reviews and seeing one or two that would have put you off going. the rest of the reviews however defo made up for it. all i can say is, we had the best hol ever n i would defo return to the same bardis sun studios.  :D  :D  :D

Offline kes

• Forum Fanatic
  • Relax
    • Relax in Arillas
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2005, 10:28:05 PM »
I can only agree with all the above comments,but as I see it to (re Thompsons)If the likes of Bardis sun etc. go independant they need  maximum occupancy throught the season,we tend to take our holidays May & October and there are usualy plenty of vacancies in Arillas at those times.The Holiday companies I beleive pay the owners a percentage of maximum occupancy even if the rooms are empty,and although as stated they seem to have cut the rates,it is still income that they maybe would not have received.The holiday companies also sell the hotels in the Uk for the owners.If they where independant they would have to  sell the holiday themselves (not an easy task).Its ok for the regular visitors to Arillas we know it exists,but ask a few friends at work or in your local have they heard of it...few have.I know we would all like to keep Arillas to ourselves ,but it is a fine balance trying to retain the unique atmosphere and advertising Arillas on the sides of buses.If the hotels sell rooms the Tavernas & supermarkets get a share of the money we spend..now i`m ranting  !!!!!!  :shock: any thoughts?

Offline Jason Canadian

Re: Thompson
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2005, 11:01:25 PM »
Kes, you are very right.  But a the same time, if (for example) the Bardis had 5 empty rooms for 6 nights in a row, you or I could not just go there then and there and rent a room. thompson won't allow it. So, i think the owners should be allowed (if they could) to sell any empty room to anyone walking off the street. Obviously they couldn't take a reservation over the phone. If I showed up at 10pm and 5 rooms were empty and said "listen, spiros, I'll give you €50 for the room and I'll spend €100 in your bar...but only if you rent me the room!" now he has to say, "sorry, not allowed".   That is unfair.   Well, with thompons exit next year, we'll have to see what kind of a rabbit spiros and popy will have to pull out of the hat.  Don't we all want to help...but how?
Havn't we met?

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2005, 11:22:22 PM »
Yep, I agree with what your saying Kes and your not ranting, a fine balance is needed between package versus diy.  Another angle is that it is the package flights that we rely on when we book independently, now what if all T.Ops started pulling out, how would we get a flight?

The tour ops have pulled out of a lot of hotel/apts contracts now all over the island and I would say it is more difficult to find a flight now.  The last time I checked the Excel flights for October from Newcastle I found that they stopped flying a few weeks before the end of the season.  Are the apartment owners aware of this? I must ask when I'm over, as that is at least 3 weeks revenue from bar takings they must account for.

As Jason says I think the owners should be allowed the option to let out a room that the T.Op has not managed to sell.  I know that there are empty rooms in the Mathraki for the middle week we are there, but Olympic have no seat allocation left for Glasgow or Newcastle departures.  My daughter is coming over, now I think it would be great if she could fly with another airline and book a room direct with the apartment owners, but of course Olympic would not allow this sensible idea.

Listen to me now...I'm ranting.

Eileenx

Booking.com