Author Topic: shops in arillas  (Read 8481 times)

Offline CLAREY

shops in arillas
« on: January 27, 2010, 10:07:49 PM »
Hi, What kind of shops are they in Arillas, i like to browse after dinner. Or when hubby is watching footie.  Clarey 

Offline kevin.g

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
Re: shops in arillas
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 10:31:09 PM »
clarey
thers only abot 4/5 shops ,but they have all you need from swim-wear, to souveniers to food to clothes and trinklets .........happy shopping...yammas

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 12:10:48 AM »
I forgot my sunglasses last year and bought a pair from Yiotta's shop.  Every time I walked past for the next two weeks she remembered me and waved! That's so typical of the lovely people in Arillas

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2010, 01:04:29 AM »
Alex and Ina's on the seafront sell groceries, beer, wines and spirits, gifts and beachwear.  Ina's has a small section through the rear which sells local wine, olives and oil.  Alex also sells newspapers and magazines.

Away from the seafront Yiotta's and the Bazaar have large selections of clothes, gifts, household linen and nik naks.
C Schelles and Summer Superstore gifts and general holiday nic naks.
Xandrinou Cava market selling wines and spirits.
Irini's Art Shop is a gallery showcasing the very talented Irini's own art and craftwork.
Mona's Boutique sells unique ladies fashions and jewellery.

There are a few mini-markets and a bakery.

All locations can be found on this map.... http://arillasmap.awardspace.com/gmap_arillas/

In the evenings in July and August there are quite often small stalls along the seafront selling all manner of craftwork...paintings, jewellery, glass,etc...

Offline raff

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
    • www.ukfitshape.com
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2010, 11:43:10 AM »
If you like wine, then try the local wine made by Ina & Maria's dad.  Very nice..

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2010, 01:37:56 PM »
Looking forward to trying that out - I've heard it's good
Janis x

Offline annemarsh

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2010, 02:06:38 PM »
If you like wine, then try the local wine made by Ina & Maria's dad.  Very nice..

Yes, please!! - I could do with a glass NOW!!( - finally finished the year-end accounts, after hubby announced he'd 'had enough of paper-work - you finish them'. What a nightmare,trying to pick up from where he'd left off!!)

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2010, 02:20:38 PM »
Turning this topic around and going back to a post from a few years ago, what type of shop would you like to see in Arillas that isn't there at the moment?

I can't find the original post but I think it was something to do with Whispers and empty shops that spoil the look of a place. I suppose its like seeing our high streets back in the UK, and the unsightliness of empty shops.

I think original suggestions were a hairdressrs, a forum members meeting place, Museum/local information and a pharmacy.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2010, 07:48:10 PM »
Terry, I would love to see someone take on Whispers and turn it into a very family oriented centre right in the middle of things. A ball pond and other kiddy oriented playthings, someone watching over them to ease the worries of mum and dad, but somewhere those with young kids can relax and eat/drink for a few hours. At night maybe a more sophisticated venue of a different character to Malibu and Coconut. Complementing rather than diretly competing. If I win the lottery might just do it myself......

As for shops, I am biased but I think we've got all we need.

Phil

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2010, 08:05:14 PM »
How long as Whispers been closed? i know it wasn't open in August 2008 when we were over there and looked as if it had been shutdown a fair while

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2010, 08:55:46 PM »
I can't be sure of exactly when it closed Tony, it might have been about 2004/05.  I'm sure someone with a better memory than me will have the right answer.

I like your idea Phil. I can just see Grandad Phil in the middle of the ball pond keeping all the youngsters entertained :)

I'd also like to see a visitor centre with a multi purpose outside cafe bar.  How lovely to sit out with a glass of wine/beer and to listen to a talk about the history of Arillas/wildlife etc...or hoiw about a wine tasting session...do you think the Corfu brewery could be roped in for Erja?;-)

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
Torpedo
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2010, 09:10:12 PM »
Heres one for you Eilleen i took this pick in 2007of a torpedo but cant remember the village it was taken in i think it was Karousades,any ideas peeps

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2010, 09:17:38 PM »
Tony it's in Magoulades, apparently there's also one in Aspiotades.

It's a good photo. I've been meaning to take one of it for ages.  Could I borrow it for my gallery under your name?

Eileenx

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2010, 09:18:53 PM »
Yea no probs Eileen do you want me to send you the full size pic?

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2010, 09:20:23 PM »
Then again maybe the Aspiotades one is the one now in Magoulades?  It's so difficult to find out any information on it.

Yes please Tony,  you'll find my email under my profile.

Booking.com