Author Topic: shops in arillas  (Read 8480 times)

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
Re: shops in arillas
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2010, 09:32:20 PM »
Ah Eileen. I would visit the kids and keep them entertained but I would be serving behind the bar. It would be the only way to keep me off the lunatic juice until we closed.... I drank so much less while I did a bar job for nine months in 1980. Oh wow, that is 30 years ago! As is well known, Jen and me have made up for it since....

Erja and I would be the first to sign up for a talk on Corfu Beer. Especially if it involved sampling the product.... Have you got the dates for it so I can book? lol

Tony, have actually seen that torpedo, but like you the Mythos made sure I don't remember where. I think friend JohntheRef could solve this for both of us.

Phil

Maggie

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2010, 09:52:41 PM »
We wre told that a local fisherman caught the torpedo in his nets. It is now on display in Magoulades. (not sure if this is absolutely true....)

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2010, 09:58:15 PM »
Bloody hell i bet that took some hauling in lol

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2010, 10:07:30 PM »
Thanks Maggie - t'was bugging me. Magoulades. If I remember, John drove us past it last summer but I could be wrong.... It could have been a post on here. (Help please John...)

All the best to you and Gordon. Nearly a year and the season will soon be opening up for yous. Goodonyers to quote a certain Kavadades resident...

Phil

Offline Samwell

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
  • Yammas!
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2010, 02:34:56 AM »
I have to say Yiottas shop is the place to stop! (p-o-e-t!)

She is lovely, so kind and genuine. The first time I met her she showed me a picture of her son and said I reminded her of him, bless :) She has a good range of all sorts, I could probably spend hours in there, and hours talking to her. I found a friend within her I think, she helped me choose gifts I got for Dimitris and Litsa, my family and gave me a gift in return for some pictures I took of her shop for her... Im not sure it was too clear on that side, I think she wanted a website made of her establishment, but she was so kind all the same.

C schelles is great too... lots of jewelry and nik naks... I cant quite remember her name, but lovely english girl runs it, early to mid 30s, looks greek though... lived/s in croydon so me and her had a bit to talk about. It always seems like the shops shut, but after a good meal and a couple of retsinas, I could hover around there for hours :)

The others are good, I havent got as familiar with them... theres a couple on the beach front, one by Horizon and another by the cafe.

Oh, and if you want to find bubbles to blow, theres only one shop that does them further back from the beach, past Brouklis and captains table... ;)

Offline Geoffrey with a "G"

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2010, 10:08:04 PM »
Samwell - re c-schelles - I think the English girl you mention is called Michelle - hence the shop name being a combination of shells and Michelles´s
Geoffrey with a `G´

Offline ger

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2010, 12:36:15 PM »
michelle is a lovely friendly girl, and her shop is fab, but last year she was a bit down when we were there, not very busy, and the shop seemed to be closed more than open, we had lots of rain when we were there in june (unheard of!!) so i think she gave up a bit those two weeks, not sure about the rest of the season though. hopefully things picked up for her and shes back there this year.
ger x

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2010, 01:08:30 PM »
If I remember correctly years ago there was a suggestion someone might open up a cream tea type of place., not my cup of tea!  It would be like being at home &  sorry Phil, couldnt bear the idea of a ball park, what with that and a pizza place it would be like pizza hut or the Two for One type of restaurant we have in Horley, complete with loud music and screaming kids.  That would have me running for the ouzo!

Another suggestion was a launderettte.. pharmacy sounds like a good idea tho. as I wouldnt have to take my own!  Reminds me of one holiday lazing in the pool discussing with a lady what we both had in our medical kits!!! Dont ask!
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline justlynn

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2010, 02:25:55 PM »
I love Arillas just as it is, and I must admit the only thing I would want added is a pharmacy.

lynn xx

Offline sunflower

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2010, 06:21:42 PM »
A pharmacy, a laundrette and a supermarket would be my suggestions.
If staying in Arillas on longer terms I would really need a supermarket as I wouldn't
be dining at restaurants every evening, like I do when on holiday.
Connie x

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2010, 07:54:40 PM »
Ah welcome back BG. I have taken over your title of the most posted Arilliac while you have been so busy with your Mike and all of it. Have missed you.

Don't forget that if I get that lottery win, Whispers will spend all of its evenings with exciting artistic and sophisticated entertainment. (No, not hen nights and male strippers, not loud rappers, not karaoke...) My vision is a cabaret style place that people can sit and talk (and hear each other) but with musicians and artists who have local connections can perform and be enjoyed. If I had that much money I wouldn't worry if I made a loss.....

Connie dearest, why a launderette? Just walk into the sea wearing the laundry, and dry it on the benches while you sip a Mythos.....

Phil

Offline sunflower

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2010, 10:48:28 AM »
Hi Phil,
Ha ha. I'm talking about what's needed in Arillas on long term stayings!
Can you picture me walking into the sea in January wearing woolen blankets or
curtains?? That's what I was thinking about!!
Connie x

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2010, 01:32:01 PM »
I think Arillas would definitely benefit from a pharmacy, and I like Phil's idea of of a nice quiet place where people can chat and also benefit from musicians and artists with local connections. 
Ball pool - no way!

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2010, 01:56:48 PM »
Arillas already has a launderette for those that wish to use it, behind the Sea Breeze. I remember somebody telling me in 2004 that whisper's was shut down because they couldn't get a music licence don't know if it's right or not. I also think a pharmacy would be a good idea, I had to travel to Acharavi last year as I lost some of my tablets and had to replace them.
I also have an idea for it but not the money. How many of us is that now that need to win the lottery? lol. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Booking.com