Author Topic: what do people think of easyjet  (Read 31663 times)

Offline sue

• Forum Fanatic
what do people think of easyjet
« on: July 11, 2009, 09:54:51 PM »
carnt have my hols till november so im going to Benidorm.
flying with easyjet and i paid for speedyboarding
what do people think of this service also?
thank you suex

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
Re: what do people think of easyjet
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2009, 09:58:16 PM »
I've had no problems with easyjet, other than having to wait ages for the luggage when you get back to Gatwick. As I usually travel alone, I haven't bothered with speedyboarding but guess it's useful if you are travelling in a large group.
Sandy x

Offline Sara

• Forum Fanatic
    • www.villatheia-corfu.com
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2009, 10:24:23 PM »
I can highly recommend Easyjet, but I have never used speedy-boarding. We travelled with them in May & their flights were on time, the aircraft was clean & tidy, the staff were all very nice & the food we purchased wasn't too bad.
Because you can't book your seats, there is a mad rush when they call your flight. On your boarding pass, you are either in zone A or B & the A's get to board first [after the speedy-boarders] I guess, you could request to be in zone A when you check in, but I'm not sure.

Sara

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2009, 10:41:18 PM »
I've always been B....not quite sure what you have to do to qualify for A. Someone told me if you check-in on line with hand luggage only you will be A.

I'm going with hand luggage only in August so will test this theory....
Sandy x

Offline justlynn

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2009, 10:53:30 PM »
We have never had any problems using Easyjet either, and agree with the aircraft and staff being as good as any other airline.

Regarding speedy-boarding, I think it may work well on the outbound flight, but on the return, you could be first on the bus, which will then fill with young families, then zone A, before being bussed to the plane, so I don't think Easyjet can guarantee you will be first onboard coming home.  In fact, Colin has just said that they don't guarantee it on their website.

We always presumed it was first come first served for zone A, but we could well be wrong, too!

Hope you have a good holiday anyway, Sue!

lynn xx

Offline 4x4

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2009, 11:31:15 PM »
Used Easyjet to fly to Barcelona. We booked in early and so boarded first. Ba bit of a scramble if you where an "also ran". But quite happy. Would use them again.

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2009, 11:33:16 PM »
I've booked in really early a times and still only been group B. I agree with what you say about the bus at Corfu airport Lynn.
Sandy x

Offline 4x4

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2009, 11:47:14 PM »
Perhaps we where lucky and things have changed in two years. It was fun watching people jumping up to queue for a good seat when we knew we would board before them. 

If things have changed, As a senior citizen I will campaign for special treatment.
We Oldies need to get the best seats.

You youngsters can manage with what is left. ))

Air travel is always the same. There must be a better way to board and exit a plane.
Why does everyone rush to get off, when the baggage is going to take for ever to arrive?

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2009, 03:34:30 AM »
Listen mate 4x4 I am still a youngster and I will trample all over you in the rush....

Er no, not me, I am the timid shy one in the back of the queue.

What is this place doing to me?? My lovely Marika just turned up here and I haven't been the same since, If Sandy turns up tomorrow I'm finished. But then the Finnish one would have the same effect...

Love to all of you. Arillas is sitting here waiting for you
Phil

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2009, 08:45:37 AM »
I've always been B....not quite sure what you have to do to qualify for A. Someone told me if you check-in on line with hand luggage only you will be A.

I'm going with hand luggage only in August so will test this theory....

That is how it works. Or if you are one of the first to check in you might get in to the group A like I did coming back from Finland last March. I don't care where I sit as I almost always travel alone.

I will be travelling with them again 29th August when I am going home to Arillas ;)

So no complaints about anything with Easyjet and they serve drinks and snacks which is nice :)
Life is good ;)

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2009, 10:36:39 AM »
Not a chance I'm afraid phil, much as I would like to. Did once go for a surprise weekend......Jimmy and Spiros nearly fell over when they saw us stroll into the Rainbow!
Sandy x

Offline alex

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2009, 10:54:58 AM »
i flew with easy jet for the first time this year. we booked throughthomas cook. we arrived early in fact i think we were the first for our flight. we were given a group to board. we hadnt requested it so it could be on a first come  who get it. we were also in the a when we arrived at the airport on coming home.

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2009, 11:18:55 AM »
we flew e/j,in 2008,and found it like any flight apart from the price <cheaper>,we always have a meal or have breakfast at gatwick ,so dont eat on the plane,and speedy boarding gives you the chance to dash and  get legroom seats,which we got going and coming back ,just a shame we have to wait for the 2010 prices........yammas

Offline sue

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2009, 12:18:33 PM »
thank you everyone.
sounds like speedy board does work then. still get their early though haha
thanks again suex

Offline Dai

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2009, 03:58:10 PM »
Returned on Friday from Corfu to Bristol and used easyjet and speedyboarding. Going out of Bristol there was a dedicated check-in which was great, as well as early boarding. Coming back on friday there was no speedy boarding facility at check-in though as easyjet is a scheduled flight you aren't at the mercy of the reps and made to queue outside. Just enter the terminal, find the check-in desk and queue as you would anyhere other than corfu. A much better experience then previous use of corfu airport. I was very surprised when speedyboarders were called first and a group of about 25 had our own bus to the aircraft and therefore a good choice of seats. I was able to get an emergency exit seat which I always try for. All in all a good experience with easyjet and the only criticism was that they did run out of food on the return flight. This didn't bother me as I usually take something to eat with me but some people were put out. I'd definately use easyjet again if the price is right.

Booking.com