Author Topic: what do people think of easyjet  (Read 31661 times)

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
Re: what do people think of easyjet
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2009, 08:15:29 AM »
My mate Min just flew to Finland and back with easyjet and had no complaints regarding the airline.

But she did mention that they were very strict about that people were only allowed one piece of hand luggage to the plane at the gate. If you could not squeeze everything in to one bag it was removed and placed to the hold.

So it seems that at times they really enforce the one piece of hand luggage per per person rule.
Life is good ;)

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2009, 10:30:13 AM »
I shall have to be careful tonight then. I wonder if I'm allowed a "handbag" as well as my "hand luggage"?
Sandy x

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2009, 11:01:28 AM »
Sandy, I wouldnt't risk it as thats what I thought, but then realised about the 1 bag rule so was frantically stuffing my (large) handbag into Lewis's rucksack, much to his disgust! I also forgot to put my makeup in clear plastic bags so was frantically doing that at the x-ray machine, hearing lots of tutting from behind! He he and got my toenail clippers confiscated!! You always get one eh!

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2009, 11:16:08 AM »
Never had my clippers confiscated but have lost my nail scissors on more than one occasion. Don't do much make up but will stuff everything into one bag just to be sure. Can't wait.....
Sandy x

Offline isobel

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2009, 11:41:47 AM »
handbags count as second peice of luggage have a great time wish it was me

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2009, 12:31:30 PM »
Bon voyage Sandy luvver. You will have a wondeful time. Good advice from Jo - it is only 1 bag. We took one rucksack and Jen's handbag - but I think that was bigger and more stuffed than the rucksack! Wonder what they do with all those nail scissors/clippers? They had had two of ours over the years....

Phil

Offline Corfusoon

• Helios Court Villa
  • Arillas Addict
  • Helios Court Arillas Corfu
    • Luxury Villa in Arillas
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2009, 05:53:19 PM »
We had settled to using GB airlines from Gatwick to Corfu having tried Thompson and XL too. When they sold to Easyjet we were a bit worried they might axe the service but it seems to have settled in.

Corfu remains a firm favourite aming Brits. Its one of the reasons we chose to build our vill here rather than in Bulgaria, Croatia or Monte Negro.

Service-wise we have not had any issue. We have found travelling with young children no problem at all. The planes remain the same GB airlines ones- which have a very generous leg room compared to the charter companies.

My only gripe would be the Midnight flight back. I do wish they would renegotiate this slot a few hours earlier.

However, that seems to be the slot we plump for nearly every time. There are others and early this year we got some very acceptable flight times.

We have not organised anything for October yet. Guess we had better start thinking about it soon. Things have just got so busy again. Over the last couple of months confidence seems to have returned to business. Holidays never stopped booking.

Makes you wonder if we are bottoming out.

Regards

Style, Luxury, Tranquillity
Helios Court Villa, Arillas, Corfu.
http://www.corfuvilla.holiday

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2009, 06:32:48 PM »
Frank, you will be so glad of that decision in later life.

Its one of the reasons we chose to build our villa here rather than in Bulgaria, Croatia or Monte Negro.

You and Mandy will be able to spend many, many hours in such wonderful surroundings, enjoying rural NW Corfu for the rest of your lives. Money? Haven't a clue. If property appreciates more in the others so what? My old father-in-law taught me. "All I want is a halfpenny more than I can spend." And Jen and me don't do shopping (but we do good food and craic.) The lifestyle is priceless.

Phil

Offline Corfusoon

• Helios Court Villa
  • Arillas Addict
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2009, 07:32:45 PM »
Hi Phil

Yes we hope to spend many more years there.

Unfortunately we have 3 substantial drains on our resources at this time ( Jayna, Elena and Joseph) and run our own business in the UK too as well as running Helios Court.

Our holidays in Corfu are at times a collapse, recover just a little to reconnect and then get patched up to be shipped back to the front line.

Moneys never been a big motivator for us. You just get sucked along (and maybe dry) by running your own show.

I obviously have it all wrong. How do you get to spend so much time on the forum? ;-)

Might check the flights tonight.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2009, 07:55:17 PM »
Frank what an inspiring post. We've sort of lost EasyJet but so what. Jen and me are older. Our "drains" are relatively self sufficient now. It happens eventually. Mind you, we have to make a family wedding in early October and at least we won't be bankrupt - not Hiroshima - Glastonbury Town Hall. 5 miles from here.

We ran a bit of our own show for a while. We could be on call 24/7 making reams of print outs for Lambeth Borough Council, or Jen in Court at housing hearings etc etc. We made a decision some years ago. A friend once said to her, dressed up for work "Sit down! You'll fall off those heels...."

We got rid of our money-pit house and focussed on growing older and living. Like most things, we've done that with a vegeance. Arillas has become a focus for it, as many recognise.

I am a teacher Frank. According to the rest of the world we only work part time with 12 weeks holiday to play with. But teaching is about learning, and being up to date and fit to stand and deliver. My work happens when you are relaxing. Researching the information I need etc. But somehow I can spend a long time on the forum in between. And as you know, Arillas occupies most of my waking thoughts...

Take care
Phil

Offline thorpe

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2009, 12:04:52 PM »
I am flying easyjet next tuesday,can anyone advise if the measurements 55x40x20cm for hand luggage is strictly enforced .Do they makje you put same into plastic gauges at the gate or at check in ???Thanks for any info

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2009, 12:16:41 PM »
I am flying easyjet next tuesday,can anyone advise if the measurements 55x40x20cm for hand luggage is strictly enforced .Do they makje you put same into plastic gauges at the gate or at check in ???

I just received an email from easyjet for the final travel check list for my flight on Saturday and it quite clearly states:

No weight limit on hand baggage
Remember, we apply no weight restrictions on hand baggage*. The only stipulation is that the maximum dimensions do not exceed 55x40x20cm and that you are able to lift the bag into the overhead lockers yourself!

*Strictly one piece per person. Penalty charges apply for additional/oversized bag(s) which will be checked as hold baggage.

Life is good ;)

Offline mathsboffin

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2009, 04:36:57 PM »
We have just done LGW-CFU return.  Hand baggage wasn't looked at either way.  Just asked how many pieces we had.  We checked in the night before at Gatwick, which was a brilliant, efficient procedure.  Nobody was asked to put their hand luggage in the frame.  Perhaps all of our bags were so small anyway!  I can't fault Easyjet really - never flown with them before, wouldn't hesitate to again.  A bit of a scrum for boarding, but I will not pay for Speedy Boarding on principle.  If you check in early and get Category A, you get on ahead of the majority anyway.  The definite cert is you will get a seat and you will arrive at your destination whether you pay for it or not!
Sharon

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2009, 04:40:25 PM »
My hand luggage is a small pink (obviously!) suitcase on wheels that fits within those dimensions, then what i do is, open the case and just lay my handbag on top of my stuff in there and then take it back out when im past prying eyes, cant not have my handbag lol!!

Offline Corfusoon

• Helios Court Villa
  • Arillas Addict
« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2009, 09:23:01 AM »
Easyjet, yes vote of confidence. Pretty much the only airline we use to go to Corfu now.

Phil, hopefully bump into you at some pint for a pint of Ionian.

Best regards

Frank

Booking.com