Author Topic: RECOMMENDATIONS FOR A GOOD HOTEL NR TO BEACH PLEASE  (Read 42262 times)

Offline GaryS

• Forum Fanatic
Re: RECOMMENDATIONS FOR A GOOD HOTEL NR TO BEACH PLEASE
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2009, 02:17:51 PM »
The Akti is a great family run hotel, nothing is too much trouble for the wonderful people there. Basically you are spoilt for choice in Arillas. The Sea Breeze has re opened as an indipendant this year and seems to have good food on too.

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2009, 06:54:33 PM »
Well said Negg. Thetis is special too like all the others. Just behind Kaloudis, it offers a fantastic location, not on the sea front but only one minute away. The truth is, you can stay anywhere in Arillas and make memories.

Some are much further out for people like Jen who cannot walk far, but for most people, everywhere in Arillas can tick the boxes. I have never known anywhere in the world that could boast that. It is about people connecting with each other and feeling good.

So MugreesMum (is that your real name?) have no doubts about your daughter - she will adore Arillas and pressurise you to take her back. And you will love it.

Phil

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2009, 07:41:14 PM »
True enough Phil, it`s magnetic.
Lindypops.

Offline Holly

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2009, 10:23:03 PM »
I know I am going to make myself unpopular here, but the Kaloudis is OK, but not great. The apartments are VERY basic and the bathrooms are horrible. (We have stayed in 2 and 3 bedroom apartments BTW).

However, the location and the public areas are great, just don't expect luxury accommodation.

We really love Arillas and liked it enough for a return visit, but if we go again we will be looking for something a bit better than the Kaloudis.

Offline MugreesMum

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2009, 11:10:11 PM »
Hi again all, just managing to log on now that the little rascals - oop sorry the littel darlings are tucked up in bed!

Oh Holly, am in a quandry now about the Kaloudis...but really appreciate your input...I definityl need the bathroom to be ok-ish for my little girl...

Likewise Cheers to Isobel and GazCaz for your thoughts- will be looking into it for rest of evening!

Negg, thx for Thetis Palace...it does look nice but only 2 star - does that matter as sometimes 3 stars aren't all they;re creacked up to b are they? And a huge thankyou for offering to speak to the hoteliers, I shall certainly be sending to a PM in the not toodistant future, once I have figured out how to do it being a bit of a tecnhical dunce!

Phil, Hi...My real name is Miriam, Mugree is my cuddly nickname for my 2 yr old daughter (real name Joy) hence the username....wow seems you certainly know your stuff re Arillas..how long have you been going there? Your'e so right about being spoilt for choice  - the moreI look into it, most of the hotels etc seem really nice esp the smaller family run ones.... I emailed the Akti but from what I can gather they don't have cooking facilities in the rooms...or perhaps am wrong if anyone knows any different.....

Aaah, all these kind responses have made me feel all a nice warm glow inside like a ready brek kid!! lol  ....

Off to do some more research then.....: -) x

Offline MugreesMum

« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2009, 11:25:36 PM »

Doh....... forgot to say thx to Martin...Martin thx so much for the phone numbers etc, the Bardis is on my shortlist so many thanks..sounds like you had a great time x

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2009, 11:33:43 PM »
Hi Miriam. Jen and me are trying to work out what yous really need.

Hotels are Benidorm, 27th floor, concrete balcony with no safety rail, pay for sunshine, badly cooked breakfast included... Er NO!

Arillas is village, apartments, basic acommodation, joy and happiness, helpful people, even Brits who will look after you, and food to get fat on.

ANY of the Arillas offer will look after yous two. Forget stars - it is where you need to be that dictates. Kaloudis is perfect for families, as is Mirage. On the beach. Near the bars.

Older couples who want total peace head to the other end - Tria Adelphia and many others. Arillas provides them all. But don't forget - Arillas is a small village.

Don't forget luvver the forum will let you know.

Hope it helps
Phil

riggers

« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2009, 11:34:48 PM »
I agree Kaloudis is basic accommadation but we pay basic prices. If we want LUXURY we would go to a 5 star hotel. I think it has all you need and is a spotlessly clean place to stay.

riggers....

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2009, 11:58:39 PM »
Holly luvver - we absolutely welcome other opinions on our forum. Thanks for diluting the "I love Kaloudis...." etc.

Kaloudis is obviously very popular though. riggers has stayed about 8 times. And us once. You won't find much better here. It isn't the point. We just need a comfortable bed. The rest of the time we spend making friends with people and enjoyibg the beach. If we were rich we would still be there. No Ritz but we ain't crackers....

lol
Phil

Offline MugreesMum

« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2009, 12:09:34 AM »
Hi Phil

Absolutely - we deffo don't want a concerte monstrosity and the dash to the sunbeds everyday!!  We went to Fuerteventura couple of years ago, and the hotel had rave reviews, but it was just everything we didn't want for a chilled out holiday...

Ideally, if I had the money i'd love a little villa somewhere authentic (tho i hate that word coz it always sounds a bit patronizing!!)

So am not after some luxury accomodation, just somewhere clean, not too far from beach as Joy only has little legs (!) and something that has the personal touch..i hate staying in big tourist "resorts" where no-one even talks to oneanother...only thing we really need is cooking facilities in case the little angel can't live without her favourites!

I have my heart set on Arillas for the very reason that it is a little village...I was brought up on Gerald Durrell as child, My fave line which i still remember off by heart was "So we sold the house and fled from the gloom of the English summer, like a flock of migrating swallows"..and of course later Lawrence Durell had me entranced..so basically I just want to keep it real and have 2 weeks of warmth (not just the weather) & some laid-back memories to come home with....

Apologies for the essay.....lol    .... thx to Jen (your better half i take it) for thinking of us...x

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2009, 12:38:33 AM »
Miriam luvver you are serious candidates for Arillas Addict in the future. The word patronising isn't in Arillas vocabulary, and they celebrate their women. Well, the younger ones do...

Arillas is authentic, and it is what it is. It even accommodates people like me and Jen. Even the tourists have a smile and hello for you - it is the atmosphere. Most people never want to leave, including us. It is a little oasis in the middle of a horrible world. And totally friendly to young'uns and families. Dimitris and Litsa have little Spiros and a life made in heaven.

"So we sold the house and fled from the gloom of the English summer, like a flock of migrating swallows"

Well so far the flock includes Eggy and Weggy, Sara, Maggie, Eileen, Sandy, others I haven't recalled, and one day soon PhilandJen.

Yes dearie, Jenandme are an item. Just ask anyone. All but 40 years sort of says it. Welcome to our world...
Phil

Offline MugreesMum

« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2009, 01:32:34 AM »

How amazing - 40 years!!  That's so sweet...Yes I can see us becoming Arillas addists too..... I can't wait to get there and share it all with everyone...as you say, a bit of joy and comfort in anotherwise harsh world...we've all got to have a little bit of our dreams come true sometime..even if it is only 2 weeks of the year......:) 

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2009, 02:04:32 AM »
Miriam, go into the Coconut bar when Hannah, Peri or Kostas are in, and ask about philandjen. Talk to people in the street. Go into Yiottas shop. Go for a beer in Thalassa and mention "Phil without beer" to Spiros. You only have to be sincere with our Arillas locals and they will look after yous.

it's up to yous, Go and say hello to somebody, and from then on you will understand.
Take my advice
Phil

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2009, 02:22:05 AM »
Can I jump in there Phil? Everywhere in Arillas is good, and all people are very amenable. They are so kind and will help anyone to enjoy themselves.
Lindypops.

Offline MugreesMum

« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2009, 02:37:08 AM »
Thanks y'all, esp Phil...have to toddle off now and see to my angel baby....but before i say goodnight, just want to say it's so so nice to meet people who are so genuinly interested in others....roll on September and some funshine.....nighty night all...i'm going to dream of golden sands and clear blue waters.....:) 

Booking.com