Author Topic: RECOMMENDATIONS FOR A GOOD HOTEL NR TO BEACH PLEASE  (Read 42294 times)

Offline MugreesMum

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR A GOOD HOTEL NR TO BEACH PLEASE
« on: June 05, 2009, 09:52:12 PM »
Hello all

This shall be my first vist to Arillas, and we are thinking of going at the beginning of September this year.  I have never really travelled indpendently before except to countries whrre I family but wanted to give it a shot - can anyone recomend some accomodation here - I shall be going with my 2 yr old daughter so want something v near to a sandy beach, idealling with a pool.  Don't have a massive budget so a 3 star is what we're looking at..have been looking at the Kaloudis Village Apartments but seems one can only book it via a Tour Operator...? Unless anyone else knows otherwise...

Thanks so much in advance for any help....x

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
Re: RECOMMENDATIONS FOR A GOOD HOTEL NR TO BEACH PLEASE
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 10:04:33 PM »
The two hotels actually on the sea front are the Marina and the Horizon. Both get great reviews - you can find them in this section of the site. The Akti is also nearby, just a very short walk to the beach.

Also have a look at maps in the left hand menu, and the tourist map. This shows the location of just about all of the accommodation in Arillas.

Hope this helps
Phil

Offline MugreesMum

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 10:31:53 PM »
Cheers Phil...I tried looking at the Horizon I think..but they are full up which is to be expected because as you say it gets rave reviews....have you had any experience or knowledge of the kaloudis village?  Also do you know whether the nearby beaches are sandy...we looked at Paleokatsritsa nearby but mostly the beaches are pebble/shingle which wouldn't be ideal for us.....

thx again Phil

Offline lala

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2009, 10:36:43 PM »
if you are not looking for somthing fancy but does its job...

check out the apts in portofino...

i have attached a link - they are on the beach

http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/listing/user/corfuportofino

you can call them...

www.CorfuArillasPortofino.com

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2009, 11:27:47 PM »
Hi Mygrees mum.  The kaloudis is great and they do have an apartment that they rent independently. Im sure that someone on here will provide an email address for you.  Its worth mentioning thongh that it will be easier for you to get a beach front apt rather than hotel and you can use any of the nearby pools for free (just buy the odd drink/snack).  On the beachfront are: -

Marinaki apts (with pool)
Portofino apts
Alex Studios
Hotel Marina (have you tried these? brand new pool last year)
Marina Apts (with pool)
Horizon Hotel (with pool)
Ina's Apts
Mirage Apts (with pool)

Phew, think thats them all and yes the beach is lovely and sandy, not a pebble in sight!

riggers

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2009, 12:06:23 AM »
Hi Mugreesmum. I think you are spoilt for choice now. We are off to Kaloudis next week for the 8th time. It is fantastic there, but i am sure all the other places mentioned won't let you down.

For Kaloudis try.

http://splishspash.gr/

riggers

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2009, 12:19:05 AM »

Offline gaye

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2009, 12:43:35 AM »
I agree with Jo...there are some very competatively priced apps as she mentioned and you can always use facilities in nearby pools. Can give you contact details for Ina's appartments....prime location next to her mini mart, next to The Horizon and right opposite the beach....bliss
gaygo

Offline MugreesMum

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2009, 01:14:13 AM »
Hi all who've responded

Gosh, I'm delighted by all this info...!

Jo, thx so much for that list - am going to check them all out now on t'internet and see what i can find

Riggers, cheers for the link...

Gaye, yes, if you could provide details for Ina's apartment that would be wonderful

This will be my first holiday with my angel daughter so want it to be just perfect (with no pebbles for her to munch on the beach!!)

Thx again y'all....x

riggers

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2009, 01:44:04 AM »
I must say i only just found out this website myself.....

riggers....

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2009, 01:58:37 AM »
Er yeah, riggers and me are complete novices on this forum.... and great friends.

Keep reading and posting. But in particular let us know how you get on when you've made your mind up. I can see another Arillas Addict in the making!

best wishes
phil

riggers

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2009, 02:01:57 AM »
Lol Phil i meant the SplishSplash website. yammas matey....

Offline martin-w

• Forum Fanatic
  • Arillas, my second home!
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2009, 04:28:08 AM »
Hi Mugreesmum!
I would thoroughly recommend The Bardis Sun Hotel. It is situated at the south end of Arillas in a quiet area 125 metres from the beach and offers bed and breakfast accommodation from €100/week if booked independently. Dorita and her husband Aris  are great hosts and nothing is too much trouble for them. They have  3 'family' rooms with two bedrooms, as well as the standard rooms, all are comfortable, well equipped,large, with fridge and kettle , air con, (available at small extra cost), sat T.V., security boxes, very large pool, pool bar, sun beds on large lawn area. Dorita's breakfasts are legendary, enough to keep you going until your evening meal! I have just got back from my 'May two weeks' and wish I was still there!
Contact details are:-
Tel/Fax. 0030 26630 52050 0800hrs-1800hrs.
Tel. 0030 26630 51039 After hours 1800-2000hrs. (local time).
Hope this helps,
Yammas,
Martin. 

Offline isobel

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2009, 12:18:45 PM »
hi i can recommend the aktia or the mirage both have pools and near to beach i know the aktia will have rooms in september if you book now

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2009, 12:53:40 PM »
Hi MugreesMum

Time to put me "tuppenceworth" in , albeit a bit late. Your choices here are very good and only depenant on obvious location,with a pool, quiet etc.

No one has mentioned the Hotel Thetis which lies a 5 minute stroll away from the beach and has a pool and is in a quiet location. I think you can still book this privately and, as with all the other places mentioned, you will be looked after.

e-mail arillas@otenet.gr and owner Spiros speaks good English.

Equally , If you want me to speak to anyone of your choice I would be only too pleased to help. So many places and I would not influence your choice as all are well known to me. Any help reqd? - then feel free to PM.

Cheers
Negg

Booking.com