Author Topic: Hooked  (Read 5751 times)

Offline GaryS

• Forum Fanatic
Hooked
« on: April 30, 2009, 11:35:41 PM »
2008 was our 1st and only visit so far to Arillas and we found it a truely magical place. Before our trip we like many had a good few weeks play around with the site even booking a table at our hosts wonderful restaurant. We joked that many people on the site seemed a little 'obsessed' with the place and we could never get like that about a little place in Greece. Anyway many of you may remember we had a few problems on our holiday, but despite this we have heaped praise on the resort in many topic threads since.

However it was not until reading what Dimitris was saying about the beach and that tomorrow the 1st May was when the first package holiday makers would be arriving that I suddenly realised I was (without knowing it until now) one of the 'obsessed'.  :-)Me and Caz are gutted that we won't be back in 2009 as we have booked to go to Crete and simply don't have the cash or time for another trip. I never thought I could fall for somewhere quite like I have for little Arillas, but there you go. There is something special about the place which just does not stand out. The place just gets to you and pulls you back. Roll on 2010

Gaz

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
Re: Hooked
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 12:39:31 AM »
Hear Hear!!

Phil

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 01:28:35 AM »
Barry and I never go back to the same place twice, but we visited Arillas in May/June 2007 and were hooked! Our youngest daughter got married in 2008 so an expensive year, but we're back again this year! Yippee! 8 days to go....

Offline GaryS

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009, 02:51:38 AM »
Lucky you Janis, please leave some postes when you get home and let us know what its like at the start of the 2009 season.

Gary

Offline martin-w

• Forum Fanatic
  • Arillas, my second home!
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2009, 04:54:40 AM »
Hi all!
I feel another video coming! My 'May 2009 slide show'. Only a week to go. Can't wait to see how the place has changed/not changed, and get some new angles. I'm hooked and keep trying to explain why to all my friends and family. Good friends, good food, great scenery and that Arillas hospitality and magic that can't be explained!
Yammas,
Martin.

Offline Paul C

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2009, 12:12:54 PM »
Janice,
Like you we would never go back to the same place twice, little bit of a lie, we did return to Skiathos 15 years after our first holiday there. Anyway this year will be our 4th year in Arillas, HOOKED you bet. Can't wait for our September Fix.
Paul

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2009, 06:09:56 PM »
GazCaz, I thik that the fact that you are hooked on Arillas after the horrendous problems you had says a great deal about how fabulous Arillas is.  It just goes to show that you should always give things a second chance, be it bad meals, bad donut-buying or whatever!! Good on you for keeping an open mind, i'm not so sure that I would have done the same!

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2009, 07:24:19 PM »
I try not to bore y'all by posting twice on same thread, but usually fail. And I have again...

Jo sums it up -
how fabulous Arillas is.

I would never admit to my obsession before I met Eggy, and believed I was the only one who felt like this. "Died and gone to heaven." Never used to go anywhere twice - there is so much to see in the world, and so little time. Why go back?

But we went back to Arillas the next year, with friends in tow. Jen got ill with mozzie bites and we stayed away for 3 years as a result. MISTAKE. But then she was the one who dragged us back. Like me she was besotted in spite of the problems, now solved.

Gaz says it
I suddenly realised I was (without knowing it until now) one of the 'obsessed'.

I can't tell you why a tourist developed fishing village in NW Corfu has this effect on so many, but it does. 80 people have signed up as Arillas Addicts on Facebook. There are many more.

I am no longer a closet Arillas Addict.
Phil

Offline Paul D

• Forum Fanatic
  • Welsh Arilliac
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2009, 11:57:00 PM »
Hi, Gaz.   We feel the same- can`t put our finger on it, but the place has a magnetic quality to it.    I don`t think it`s an age thing either, cos lots of youngsters love the place too.  If anyone knows what the magic ingredient is, please let me know.

To quote myself-   `Arillas is the perfect antidote to life`s stresses and strains`.

Yammas   Paul D
Arillas - `perfect antidote to life`s stresses and strains`!

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2009, 12:27:16 PM »
Maybe its like the island in 'Lost'! I for one wouldnt mind being stranded indefinitely :-)

Offline BeckyB

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2009, 02:34:32 PM »
Ooh yes, me too Jo. What a great fantasy! :-)

Offline tubedude

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
  • Mines Mythos
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2009, 05:32:03 PM »
My wife and I first visited Arillas in May 2007, and we fell madly in love with both each other all over again, and also Arillas...

We're not sure why, it must be something in the air/water/beer/sun/friendship/food/atmosphere...

Once we got home, after our first visit, the very next mornming we booked our next trip, last year, when we bough our 4 yesr old son with us. A different type of holiday, butr just as good as the first visit, if not better.

In 1 month, 1week and a day we'll be boarding the thomas Cook plane for another Arillas holiday... this time we're coming for 2 weeks...

I know that we're going to  enjoy the whiole Arillas thing.

See you in June.

Offline BeckyB

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2009, 10:46:06 PM »

Aaaah! That's a really lovely story Tubedude! :-)
Hope you have a great time this year :-)

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2009, 12:06:50 PM »
completely understand how you feel Gaz... we are missing Arillas this year (not by choice) and going to Cornwall (not the same I know) but still check the site out to catch up on the news... next year though by hook or by crook we shall be in Arillas!!!
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline BeckyB

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2009, 12:25:21 PM »

In the same boat as you Blonde Girl re: Arillas 2009 - not sure if, when we can make it this year due to outside circumstances etc.
It feels so funny - but it may happen & you know me, always the eternal optimist :-)
On another note, although Cornwall is not quite the same, I bet you have a cracking time :-)
BeckyB xx

Booking.com