Author Topic: Hooked  (Read 5752 times)

Offline MicK-G

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
Re: Hooked
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2009, 05:28:37 PM »
I must say I love this article. I am also one of the obsessed. I like to travel to different places and to experience new things but Arillas just has something magical about it. I can relate to so many things that other people have posted on here. Last year, my wife and I had one of those holidays when we just fell in love with each other again. I have problems trying to explain to people why is it that I keep returning? People accuse me of being boring especially this year as are coming there twice. I am one of those people that people either love or hate and as a result I can be a little stand offish. I have not made a lot of long lasting friendships and I am not on first name terms with people but that is what makes Arillas so perfect, it's not like a select club where you feel as though you're not part of it. Arillas is so welcoming it is the perfect holiday and I'd move there if I could.

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2009, 10:54:18 AM »
That was really nice Mick... know exactly what you mean!  Even if you share it with other people it can still become "your own special place". 
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline garyr

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2009, 12:30:41 PM »
Hi All

Weird isnt it myself and Leigh first came to Arrilas in May07 wasnt the best weather and after having a 3 hour journey from the airport we thought we know we booked a cheapy but there is nothing here. We had a week of how can i put it stress free bliss, like most of you we never normally go back to the same place twice. We booked again and went back for another week in September, then took the mother in law in June 08 and the kids and grandkids in September all loved the place and the thunderstorm in September last year was something to see beleive me. But here we are we arrive again for 2 weeks in 2 weeks time and then another 2 weeks in September. So are we all mad or have we all found what we think is heaven on earth?
It is really weird how we all feel the same way is there something in the bottled water, or the meatballs @ Brouklis?
Anyway Im blabbering on now and Ive only got 10 more sleeps before we go ( i sound liek a 4year old and not a 45 year old)

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2009, 10:41:18 PM »
HOOKED you bet
We took a cheap deal in 2007 just to have a break after my transplant
could not wait to book again went in May & July 2008
will be back again in July

Yes took the bait and was well and truly HOOKED

Offline june

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2009, 10:59:56 PM »
I'm the same. I tell myself I must go somewhere differant but when I sit on my balconey I think why. I look at the brochures and realise that what I'm looking for is everything that Arilas is. When my husband couldn't come with me this year I was gutted and then my daughter said she'd come for a week.
My husband and I are going to Spain later in the year, he's missing the thought of Arilas but will have to wait for it til next year.

June

Offline wetty

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2009, 01:55:06 PM »
It's not just the adults who feel this way. We have been to Arillas for the last four years in a row. Originally on our own, but more recently accompanied by the in-laws & also by my sister & her crew.All have loved the place. This year though I thought we ought to consider somewhere else, just for a change. My teenage daughter though had other ideas, informing me that if I made her go anywhere else she would make my holiday a misery! So we are back in July, & I can't wait.

Wetty

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2009, 02:02:57 PM »
Its weird, we went all the way back in 1995 on a cheapie ansd loved it.  The next year we returned but somehow felt that something was missing.  the following year we went to Halkidiki but spent the whole hol comparing so ended up returning the following year, and every year since( with the exception of the year I had the twins). I really do think that Arillas has a special magic.

Offline GaryS

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2009, 03:06:34 PM »
Well its good to know we are not the only barn-pots out there :-) This time last year we had 5 weeks to go till our holiday. I would even put up with the problems again simply to have the same feeling when we left. Caz's parents are Arillas bound in a couple of weeks, does anyone know if you can get a six foot bloke in a suitcase?

Offline Glenny

« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2009, 03:05:03 PM »
Only if you chop him up first, Gaz.

Booking.com