Author Topic: Accommodation Favourites?  (Read 87768 times)

Offline sheila

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
Re: Accommodation Favourites?
« Reply #60 on: May 11, 2009, 11:49:15 PM »
Has to be the Rainbow complex, going for the fourth time there this year.
Spiro and Jimmy really take care of you, couldnt go anywhere else in Arillas now xx
SHEILA

Offline Wendy n Stu

• Arillas regular visitor
« Reply #61 on: May 12, 2009, 12:38:10 AM »
We have stayed at Marina, Kaloudis, Brouklis, etc and all were lovely but for the last few years the magnet of Bardis Sun Studios has continued to pull us back.  The rooms are spotlessly clean, nothing is too much trouble and the family are wonderful.  The pool is cleaned every day and in 2 mins walk you are on the beach.  At night a short stroll for dinner and a short and romantic stroll back is wonderful and if you want a night cap at the bar then it's right on your doorstep.  It's perfect for us and the following morning you get up when you want and Poppy will cook you whatever you want for a very cheap price.  You can hear the sea from the balcony and the views are spectacular.  It's paradise for us.  One week today we will return - can't wait!

Offline justlynn

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #62 on: May 12, 2009, 09:22:41 PM »
Hear hear, Wendy and Stu!   Agree with everything you say, and couldn't have put it any better.

Enjoy your holiday.  Four weeks for us..............

lynn xx

Offline Wendy n Stu

« Reply #63 on: May 12, 2009, 11:23:46 PM »
Thanks Lynn, can't wait.  We will warm it up ready for your arrival.  Have a great time.  W & S. xx

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #64 on: May 13, 2009, 12:45:08 AM »
We stayed at the Galini the first time and it was great,  mostly due to the great crowd of people who also stayed there at the same time..
The following year was at the Bardis Sun Studios and we loved it, although the bedrooms are fairly small we were on the ground floor, had a lovely balcony and was a hop, skip and a jump to the nearest sun bed and pool, the beach 2 mins and the nearest taverna even closer!
Last year we were at the Bardis Sun Hotel and loved it there equally, breakfast was a treat every morning and with a tv in the room it was a novelty watching the greek programs when the weather was wet.  Staying that end of the beach is great as its so quiet with fabulous views of the sunsets.

Wendy and Stu, will be thinking of you staying with Poppy again - wished we were there too this year.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Cheryl2307

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #65 on: May 13, 2009, 02:52:37 PM »
Sorry but I'm going to have to say, as much as we enjoyed the hospitality at Bardis Sun, really couldn't be run by nicer family, we stayed in the two rooms next to the bar.  I did not know that these rooms were there when I booked and so assumed we would be allocated rooms in the main building so I was extremely disappointed, no views or privacy at all.  I felt very uncomfortable sitting out the front as people had to walk past to go the toilet and you could see/hear everything going on in the bar.  Had I known about these two rooms, I may not have been as disappointed but it took the edge off the holiday for me.  I post simply to warn others who may not have been before and like me, end up staying in a room very different to what they were expecting.  I hope I've not offended or upset anyone here - not my intention.
Cheryl O

Offline justlynn

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #66 on: May 13, 2009, 05:26:42 PM »
Hi Cheryl,
No offence taken here.  That's a fair enough comment - must admit we always asked for a top floor with a view.

lynn xx

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #67 on: May 14, 2009, 02:57:10 PM »
Hi Cheryl

Its good that you have said as my two friends are staying there this year so I will tell them to ask to be put in the main building. You ok by the way? Don't see you on here as much these days

Offline Cheryl2307

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #68 on: May 14, 2009, 03:01:39 PM »
Hi Jo, am fine, thanks.  Don't get on here as much now I'm working in Manchester (too many people about in the office!!)  Try and make sure your friends get a room in the main block.  How are the renewal of your vows plans coming along?  Will miss you this year as not going until September xx
Cheryl O

Offline Wendy n Stu

« Reply #69 on: May 14, 2009, 04:37:00 PM »
Hi Cheryl, no offence at all and I fully understand your comments.  It's usual for families of 3 to go in the rooms that you mention due to the fact that they are a little more spacious for the 3rd bed or cot.  We always ask for a room in the main block, either ground floor for quick access to the pool or top floor for the views.  I am sorry that it took the edge of your holiday.  Its' worth pointing out to people for when they book.  As you rightly say the Bardis family can't do enough for you and so I am sure that they will try to accommodate people's wishes.  Take care.  W & S. xx

Offline Geoffrey with a "G"

« Reply #70 on: May 15, 2009, 11:37:10 PM »
Accommodation favourites?  - mmmm  -  have stayed at Galini, Kokinos, next door to Kokinos. Marina apartments and Mathraki studios. returning to Mathraki studios next month so guess that´s my  favourite. Would gladly re-visit anywhere though, and know from calling in at many other of the accommodations in Arillas, that I would wallow in the welcome they all provide year after year. Roll on 13th June!
Geoffrey with a `G´

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #71 on: May 16, 2009, 02:03:33 AM »
Geoffrey, I try not to pick out any of our hosts as better than others, because the truth is I could stay ANYWHERE in Arillas and be content. But when asked about a particular place, I can sometimes offer a point of view. Mathraki has so much to offer. A lovely pool, wonderful people, quiet position just up the hill but near to everything... Have never stayed there, but definitely would. Have spent several long lingering days by their pool.

Justknow you will enjoy your return visit.
justphil

btw - our twin boys' birthday is 13 June, so much celebrating will occur on that day!!!

Offline georgia

« Reply #72 on: May 16, 2009, 03:56:38 AM »
Agree totally, you are practically guaranteed a good stay anywhere in Arillas, but we found the Mathraki particularly good, just the right degree of attention without intrusion, clean room plenty of storage, balcony that got sun most of the day...blissfull for breakfasts and baklava with tea late afternoon...should not really be promoting this...as we have not booked yet, but hope to next week for Srpt. xx

Offline justlynn

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #73 on: May 16, 2009, 11:55:47 AM »
You are so right, Phil.

Even though we have our own personal favourite, this does not mean that everywhere in Arillas would not be as accomodating, and I expect each place would have different advantages.

We just love Arillas!

lynn and colin xx

Offline Paul D

• Forum Fanatic
  • Welsh Arilliac
« Reply #74 on: May 17, 2009, 12:03:20 AM »
As people have said, I think no matter where you stay, you are bound to get a good welcome and good service.  The village knows how to take care of us, cos it`s not yet been taken over by mainstream tourism, and is small enough to care, and big enough to deliver.

Yammas  Paul D
Arillas - `perfect antidote to life`s stresses and strains`!

Booking.com