Author Topic: Accommodation Favourites?  (Read 87761 times)

Offline kevin.g

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
Re: Accommodation Favourites?
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2009, 08:47:52 PM »
john
im the same,i like to stay at a different place each year..hospitality,clean rooms,freindliness,but all in arillas.............yammas

Offline Beachlover

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2009, 11:29:35 PM »
Hi have stayed at Makris and Nikos both good but the favourite has to be Kokinos in the two bed upstairs, we will have stayed there three times when we go this year!

Yammas  Beachlover

Offline Oregano

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
    • Chris Ormston
« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2009, 09:50:21 PM »
In 2007 I stayed at Alexandros apartments - quite basic, but adequate, set in lovely grounds, and VERY handy for the Rainbow!

Last year we splashed out and stayed at Helios Court Villa, which was outstanding, but a bit of a hike from the village.  There is a path leading through the olive groves towards the bakery.  I set off along that path to go to the Malibu to watch the Champions League Final last year, and encountered two white rabbits.!!! Knowing that nobody would believe me, I attempted to take a snap on my camera, but the light was fading........ now everyone thinks I'm a nutter!!!!

Offline kes

• Forum Fanatic
  • Relax
    • Relax in Arillas
« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2009, 10:22:40 PM »
Think I`ve seen them .....
usually after a stint on the Mataxa`s

riggers

« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2009, 10:25:06 PM »
Me too on the way home from the nut early hours of the morning.

riggers....

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2009, 11:27:07 PM »
Frank sunny (sonny? son?) is there another word for luvver?

I have only scratched the surface.

In spite of our reputation Jen and me really appreciate the finer things of life and have done plenty of it. But in Arillas we also realise we have only scratched the surface. But what a surface... ticks boxes, satisfies needs, turns on...

I was deadly serious - in 1973 the Arillas Hippies (thank luvver Eileen for the title) would quite easily have slipped into a simple life in Arillas. Who knows, we would now be welcoming guests to our taverna on the seafront. Me in the kitchen learning traditional Corfiot dishes (from Roula at Brouklis) and trying to make them new and sexy like Thalassa does, and Jen chatting up the customers in the front of house. Subscribing to arillas.com and being part of it all. Ah dreams... Never happened though.

But we have no regrets. Non, rien de rien, non je ne regret rien.... En francais? non peut etre. nous ne regret rien...

The tent on the beach really appeals to me next week. To share with our great Arillas friends in the Easter celebrations would be so special to us both, and and and...

o well, back to my padded cell...
Phil

Offline MandS

« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2009, 10:36:19 PM »
just returned from a lovely week based in Arillas. :-)
Stayed at Nikos and it was great...soooooo quiet, if that's how you like it ( we do) and clean. The kids loved it too...maybe it was having a pool to themselves...?
Stayed once before at Makris but before it had a pool, so that's going back a bit, it was fine there too..and before that at some other apartments between Makris and the beach..but beyond Kokinos..I think they have been renamed now and they looked really quiet ( empty?) this week.

Now figuring out when we can make another revisit and we wouldn't hesitate to go back to Nikos. Thanks everyone for a great holiday.

we are coming back to Arillas for a holiday on 20th May 2011! Yippee!!!

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #52 on: May 09, 2009, 08:52:33 PM »
Hi Mands, sounds like you had a great holiday, and welcome to the forum! I have to say, though, that more juicy holiday details are needed for us Arillas Anoraks :-)

Offline BeckyB

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #53 on: May 09, 2009, 09:31:45 PM »

Really glad you had a great time Mand & it sounds like the kids did too :-)
Jo's right. Tell us more? What did you get up to (if that's not too personal) & where did you go to eat?
Love hearing everyones experiences :-)

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #54 on: May 09, 2009, 09:54:05 PM »
Sounds like you had lovely time MandS :) Thank you for sharing and like Jo, BeckyB and Phil (from his padded cell!)said us here in the forum are dependent on hearing other peoples experiences until we get back to "home" our selves :)
Life is good ;)

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #55 on: May 10, 2009, 03:54:13 AM »
Ah but erja luvver, in my padded cell they serve cold beer (choice of Royal Ionian or Mythos) garlic prawns, sofrito, beautiful feta cheese in salads, daily exercise on a beautiful beach, social events with other inmates, so many choices of outside activities...

Please just tell me what crime to commit so I can get a life sentence.... without parole!

take care luvver
Phil

Offline ColinD

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #56 on: May 10, 2009, 11:21:23 AM »
We have stayed in two places in Arillas so far.  September 2007 we stayed at Kokinos in one of the one-bed, downstairs apartments, which was fine.  The upstairs ones are even better.

Last year at this time we were in Bardis Sun apartments, which was great too, and we are looking forward to returning there on 8th June this year.
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional.

Offline alex

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #57 on: May 10, 2009, 10:12:39 PM »
i have stayed at the bardis hotel 7 times the kaloudous twice and the marina once, all excellent accomodation and all friendly. my sister is going to arillas for the first time and is staying at the bards. i am sure she will love arillas and the people, and arillas will work its magic on her, she wants a chilled out holiday to completely unwind and i am sure she is going to fall in love with arillas like me.

Offline georgia

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #58 on: May 11, 2009, 12:55:50 AM »
Hi all.
Bardis Sun Hotel, 3 visits, Mathraki twice, both excellent. I can honestly say I would book anywhere in Arillas with total confidence...although maybe not too close to the Nut..where all you noisy buggers hang out..lol! You know I am joking. If we get over in Sept as we hope we will visit the Nut for first time. When we stayed at Mathraki last Sept, we sat on balcony post evening meal with coffee and Metaxa and could hear the Robbie Williams tribute singer and all the applause and laughter, and was very tempted to venture down to take a look.
Hope everyone has had a great weekend. x

Offline MicK-G

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #59 on: May 11, 2009, 03:41:15 PM »
I've never had a bad stay in Arillas. The first year that we came we stayed at Nikos apartments, lovely setting and very peacefull but a bit of a walk with young kids. Rainbow was excellent very well run and we were made to feel very welcome. One year at sea breeze and although it's had some bad press, I've stayed in worse places and the room was as you'd expect. The last couple of time that we stayed it's been at Mirage, which is probably my favourite. It's only two weeks untill we'll be there again. I would like to try anna's studios one year, these look lovely and I've only heard positive things from the people who've stayed there.

Booking.com