Author Topic: Reduction in Postings  (Read 14695 times)

Offline TerryW

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Reduction in Postings
« on: February 27, 2009, 02:25:20 PM »
Its amazing how the number of posts have declined over the last few months and I would assume that it is due to the credit crunch. With less money available and with the diminishing value of the pound against the €, there is bound to be less interest in holidays.

The reduction in posts is a lot more than I would have expected, but then again, the financial state of our economies is far worse than we could ever have imagined.

The one certainty, is that this forum is great escape from the continually  depressing news that we are bombarded with every day.

Sorry about the gloomy post so ..................................... :-)

Offline Cheryl2307

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Reduction in Postings
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 03:06:02 PM »
Terry, another problem could be that, like me, I'm doing the work of two people following some redundancies and I don't have the same free time to log on and post like I used to.  Fortunately, I've still got a job so I shouldn't complain!  People in general do seem depressed but like you say, we are constantly being bombarded with bad news - it gets you down.

Things will pick up at the end of April, I bet.

Hope you are feeling better now too x

Cheryl O

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 04:00:47 PM »
I'm still a bit sore Cheryl but I am back at work, and like you I don't have as much time to get on the forum.

On a brighter note, Skelly who is a new forum member,  has informed me about  the new "Yorkshire Airline". Who wants to book some cheap flights? :-)

Offline annie

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009, 04:51:04 PM »
Terry
Brilliant as usual!!
Annie

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2009, 05:03:49 PM »
Same here Cheryl! We lost people and now are snowed under with their work as well as our own and even if I have time to pop in here it is just to read the latest entries. For example I have been trying to write this reply for 20 min beacuse of all the interuptions :(.

But it all pays for my holidays so can't really complain :).

Terry, Yorkshire Airlines....errr...no thanks :D
Life is good ;)

Offline MaryH

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2009, 05:26:25 PM »
I'm not able to post at work as we don't have access to the internet anymore only the work related Intranet, but I don't think I would have time anyway to visit this site when there. Anyway it's something to look forward to when I come home. I agree the credit crunch may affect people visiting the site if they are not going on holiday this year, but to me it's almost like being in Arillas visting this site. It's looking like August will be my only real visit to Arillas, other times I'll make do with the virtual version.
Terry your Yorkshire Airlines made me laugh and have a coughing fit as I'm recovering at home from a chest infection.

Take care all

Mary XXX

riggers

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2009, 11:17:03 PM »
This is so very true about credit crunch, depressing, my son has just been told he has to take a 10% pay cut aswell as all his co-workers or face 12 redundancies.

Terry i think we will all be on Yorkshire Airlines soon :)  I think Vivian has posted this video before. :)

riggers.....

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2009, 02:37:50 AM »
I have noticed the reduction for some months, as you have too Terry. I even posted something about "where are you all?"

We can all guess about why this is happening, but will never really know. Unkind folks will say it is people like PhilandJen who put people off. Valda said it was becuase we are all a clique. The evidence is against that, but was she right? I use the forum to communicate with the dear people I have met in Arillas, but to others it looks like we are excluding them.

Is it the credit crunch? I would have thought that dreaming would have increased rather than disappeared in these circumstances. Like MaryH said, she would have to make do with the virtual Arillas that is our forum if she cannot afford to be there.

We all agreed we would up our presence on Facebook to promote our place, and many have done it. Me included. Kostas (Coconut) pointed us at the Coconut Bar group, so I joined up. Still not sure if it works but will keep trying.

What it needs is for the members who just read and never post to start sharing it all with us. Just to express their views, good or bad. Arillas Addicts can cope with serious criticism. Yes we protect, but heaven knows we want to see progress and improvement.

All right, off my hobby-horse, and back to my vodkad frappe
Phil

Offline wayne

• arillas trip 6
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2009, 03:04:40 AM »
maybe people are running out of ideas and or discussions to post.

riggers

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2009, 03:32:28 AM »
Maybe you are right Wino.

I think all these people hidden for the last year or so should give a post now and again. (come out of hiding) .

riggers............

(we know who you are )

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2009, 03:50:00 AM »
Well said cheryl luvver.

People in general do seem depressed but like you say, we are constantly being bombarded with bad news - it gets you down.

but bet you remember - you and Timbo were off to Mirage and we headed for Kaloudis and my commune with nature. That was JenandPhil. We connected with and loved both of yous then and now too. Surely that counteracts the bad news. Depressed? Arillas always gives you peace and hope. Difficult to be depressed there.

I get down like everyone else, but I revert to the forum, and memories of Arillas and then I can get on with it all.

Thanks for your post, and love and affection to yous and Timbo.
Phil

Offline martin-w

• Forum Fanatic
  • Arillas, my second home!
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2009, 12:40:43 PM »
Hi All!
There are times when my 'fix' on this site makes my day. I don't always say a lot, but I appreciate the lively banter, humor and views expressed. We are very lucky to have this website to keep us all in touch and I think that's what it's all about. I always find that a few minutes back in 'Arillas' cures everything!
Arillas το σύνολο δεύτερων κατοικιών μου φίλων και ευτυχών ημερών!
Yammas,
Martin.

Offline justlynn

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2009, 01:57:49 PM »
Martin, thanks, my sentiments exactly!

(Wish I could understand the Greek though.....)

Yammas,
Lynn x

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2009, 10:38:16 PM »
Methinks it's a seasonal thing.

Eileenx

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2009, 11:18:18 PM »
Ah Eileen luvver. Do you remember our Nana (74 this year) singing seasons in the sun... Terry Jacks was the original. We have Nana singing it (Passport) on vinyl, and to preserve it we bought a CD. We listened to it at Anna's studios last july.

We had sun, we had fun
We had seasons in the sun....

Sadly it ends full of remorse and it's all gone. Not us mates. We will never be all gone. Arillas has to put up with PhilandJen for a long while yet.

lol
Phil

Booking.com