Author Topic: New Villa for 2009  (Read 60204 times)

Offline Curt

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
  • Rare Corfu Lizard
Re: New Villa for 2009
« Reply #75 on: June 04, 2009, 09:16:17 PM »
Hi Sara,
Looks like its all one to plan !
I love the group photo .... Spiros and the gang , but I don't see Aggie ?
I expect she was on the ouzo .... !!
Anyway the house looks beautiful inside and out !
We are staying in Arillas for a week from the 9th of July and I can't wait to get out there.
If you get a chance I'd love to see that picture in a higher resolution ...
curt@horsham-pool-services. co. uk
All the best,
Curt & Shelley

Offline Sara

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
    • www.villatheia-corfu.com
« Reply #76 on: June 05, 2009, 12:36:30 PM »
Thanks for your comments everyone.  Maggie, can I place a bet on myself? 100 - 1.
Without a doubt we will be joining you to live our dream. Phil & Jen I'll place the same bet on you too.
Viv - what a shame we missed each other. I looked out for you everytime we went out [ not that often after we had to buy the dirt!! plus a few other unexpected expenses like solar panels to supply us with extra hot water]
Eileen, Geoff & Curt - I will email you as soon as I can - when I've sorted myself out! I'm still on Greek time at the moment. This morning I was wide awake at 5.00am & by 9.00pm I'm shattered & I've a wedding to go to later on.

Sara

Offline IanB

« Reply #77 on: July 14, 2009, 02:45:33 PM »
hi Sara - only 13 sleeps until we get to your beautiful villa.

we can't wait to get there and experience arrilas for the first time

Ian

Offline Sara

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #78 on: July 14, 2009, 04:31:28 PM »
Hi Ian,
......WELCOME TO THE FORUM......
You will get to know lots of fantastic people on here - some are a little crazy - ha ha, mention no names - but we all have one thing in common & that is we all love Arillas & once you have experienced it too, I'll guarantee that you will be back.
If you have any questions - post away - there are many 'experts' on here that are only too happy to help.
I'll be in touch soon.

Sara

Offline IanB

« Reply #79 on: July 14, 2009, 05:01:39 PM »
Hi Sara,

The forums look interesting! From a quick scoot around it would appear that Arillas is full of nudists, who like covering themselves in mud and chasing donut sellers.

I thought it was a quiet resort?! ;o)

I suppose the only question I have is "are any tavernas within staggering distance of the villa?" Or could we ride back from Arillas / Afionas on the bikes after a meal and a few mythos?!

Offline Sara

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #80 on: July 14, 2009, 07:43:21 PM »
Hi Ian,
The forums look interesting! From a quick scoot around it would appear that Arillas is full of nudists, who like covering themselves in mud and chasing donut sellers.

Thats a pretty good description. I did say we were a crazy lot! Does anyone else get a 'Benny Hill Sketch' image in their mind?

Just to put your mind at rest, the nuddy part of the beach is at the far end of the beach [north]. I have never actually seen the Donut Man, but he does exist - so beware & try the mud, I have, but not all over - afraid I've never dared to bare!!

Your nearest taverna is the Night Owl which is exactly 0.5 km away. Staggering distance?? Just about.  Its a great place & Linda the owner is one of the nicest people I have ever met. She has a great family too.

Riding the bikes back from Arillas, after a few Mythos -  possibly, but don't hold me responsible for any grazed knees!!

Sara

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #81 on: July 14, 2009, 09:04:02 PM »
Arillas is full of nudists, who like covering themselves in mud and chasing donut sellers.

ha Ha! Well there are at least two of us here right now Ian.... I hate donuts but the rest fits!

It is a miraculous place if you let it be.

Phil

Offline IanB

« Reply #82 on: July 15, 2009, 10:39:32 AM »
thanks guys - night owl sounds like it might become a favourite if its only 500 metres away!

can't wait to get there now. my first visit to corfu after being a cretophile for years!

Offline Curt

• Rare Corfu Lizard
« Reply #83 on: July 18, 2009, 07:49:14 PM »
Hello all ....
Just back last night from a week in the sun at Arillis .... !
If this gets a bit smudged its probably just the odd tear from having to leave !
Its really hot out there , somewhere around 35c , but with a lovely breeze in the background.
Beware though , the mosquetos are have a good time too !
The "Skin so Soft" seemed to work really well but I think the little gits have got a taste for the other stuff with DEET !
Anyone staying at Sara's new villa is in for a real treat !
We saw it from the road , at sunset and the view & pool will take your breath away !
Except for Corfu town which was a mad house , the rest of the north west was beautifully quiet .  Things were just picking up as we left , which I think is a good thing for the tavernas .  Prices seem to have risen and I was suprised just how much we spent in a week ... but worth it !
So now back to looking forward to our next trip !
Must go unpack !!

Oh , and find that lizard I bought home !!
Curt

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #84 on: July 18, 2009, 08:11:40 PM »
Curt, it took our breath away being driven past by John and Dot. Fabulosyfantastic.

Welcome to the Arillas Fanatics, Arilliacs, Anoraks. Whatever.

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #85 on: July 19, 2009, 04:48:10 PM »
curt........
see you back next year,,,,,,,,,,yammas you have the bug.....................

Offline Curt

• Rare Corfu Lizard
« Reply #86 on: July 19, 2009, 04:59:25 PM »
No you are sooo wrong !
I don't have the bug .... I've got the lizard !!

Anyway its too late to get the Arillis bug .... we are building our house in the olive groves near Velonades .... but it is only ten minutes drive !!
And our builder lives in Arillis ..... So no escape !!

I thought these Corfu lizard things were vegetarian ?

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #87 on: July 19, 2009, 05:44:50 PM »
Curt it is the dogs here who like meat...

Phil

Offline Sara

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #88 on: July 20, 2009, 11:21:42 AM »
Hi Curt,
Sounds like you had a good holiday. How's your build coming along?
Have I missed something, but what's with your obsession with lizards? I love to watch the little geckos you often see, but i think I'd run a mile if I saw anything bigger & don't even mention snakes!

sara

Offline Curt

• Rare Corfu Lizard
« Reply #89 on: July 20, 2009, 03:49:00 PM »
Hi Sara ...
I have always had a thing for wildlife and animals !
I just happened to have the picture of me being devoured by the lizard and
thought I would carry on the theme ?
This time out we saw several lizards including a beautiful green one , a tortoise , loads of butterflys , a hedgehog ..... but no snakes !
Aggie told us that while Spiros was working on a pool he got into the overflow balance tank and found himself sharing it with a big black one ! She said thats the first time she has seen him stressed !!  ( you should know it was not your pool ) .
Our build is still on hold awaiting the sale of our bungalow here , so not much has changed except the weeds are growing fast !
We did see you house ... beautiful !  Fantastic sun set looking out over the pool.
I bet you can't wait to go back ....
Anyway .... work to do and " a lizard to chase !"
Curt

Booking.com