New Villa for 2009

Started by Sara, December 24, 2008, 04:59:16 PM

BeckyB

It sounds SO exciting Sara - although I'm sure you have your own anxieties regarding the logistics etc.
Wise, wise words from gorgeous Eileen however - darn well make sure you have a bottle opener to hand!! :-)

I was sorely tempted - seeing as you have a Bristol driver to make a few suggestions about things he might be able to bring back for Christian & I - but maybe not, slight greediness on my part! :-)

I'm so chuffed for you both & hope it's plain sailing from here in in :-)

BeckyB x

Curt

Hi Sara ...
All the best and we can't wait to see the photos of what Spiros has been keeping as a surprise !  He did this to us too , and that was just for the skeleton !
Keep in touch ...
Curt & Shelley  ( soon to live in Velonades - we hope ! )

justphil

Hi Sara, Becky (recovered thank heaven) and Eileen luvvers, just lurve reading your contributions to our forum.

But justphil is in Arillas mode right now... justadmiring villa Theia, Linnakis, kouklospito, Helios... I'm supposed to be envious they all tell me. But not. I'm full of admiration. So well done all of yous.

Jen and me will be there in July, and seriously hoping to meet Eileen. Sara and BeckyB - soon luvvers.
Phil

BeckyB

Yay! Yay! Yay!
My sentiments well & truly echoed. It's so nice to feel well again & tip-top & catching up with dear mates & all those with a common thread really puts a big ol' grin on my face :-)

BeckyB xx  :-)

kevin.g

sara & family ..we wish you well and to enjoy your new life..........yammas..ps eileens right ? did you remember the bottle opener.lol

justphil

Best wishes Sara. Just a tad of envy. Oh alright, I'm green. But that doesn't stop me feeling good about it and wishing you both all the very best. Take heed of our wise Eileen - have a bottle opener and corkscrew in your handbag. We must all have made that mistake at least once...

Phil

isobel

good luck sara i hope you enjoy your dream i wish you all the very best in your new home we arrive a week on thursday but sadly only for a few weeks but hopefully some day we will be in the same postion as you once again all the very best

Sara

Aahhhh. Thank you so much everyone for your kind words & good wishes. You've made me feel quite emotional. Whatever am I going to be like on Thursday when we see our home, complete & finished for the first time. Spiros & Aggie will be there. They want to see my face too as soon as we arrive.

Curt - Spiros has something planned to bless the house, but I don't know what or when - maybe a lamb spit-roast for us & the builders ?? So long as I don't have to see it running around beforehand I'll be O.K [ Sorry to any vegetarians out there :(] If thats the Greek tradition, I'll go along with it.

Don't worry everyone, a corkscrew/bottle opener was one of the first items I packed. LOL!!!!!

Phil, Jen & Isobel. You will live in Arillas one day - I'm sure. When you want something so badly, eventually sometime & somehow your dreams can come true.
Just like ours. We always hoped that one day we would live abroad in the sun & when we discovered Arillas in 2000 we knew that we had found our dream place. It has not always been easy & savings?? what are they?? We've put everything & more into building our dream. I look forward to the day when we can live in Arillas permanently - growing my veg [which I already do] & keeping chickens etc but until then Villa Theia will be our 'holiday home' which I'm proud & delighted to share with other people who choose to rent it.

Hope to meet many of you soon.  I will try & keep you updated. I'm sure Dimitris won't mind me sat in a corner with my laptop.

Sara.

P.S.  Glad you are feeling better Becky.  I missed reading your posts & it's good to have you back.

Villa Theia is available rent. For more details see:-
www.villatheia-corfu.com
www.holidaylettings.co.uk/76640
www.facebook.com/pages/Villa-Theia/191205544226658

Sandy x

Sorry we didn't manage to meet up Sara....maybe next time. We drove past last week and Villa Theia was looking pretty spectacular.....you'll never forget that first morning when you wake up there. Good luck....
Sandy x

Sara

Hi Everyone,

I would say its good to be back - but I would rather still be in Arillas. I can't believe I've been away 5 week, the days have just flown by.
Anyway, Spiros didn't let me down & he's done himself proud.  We are more than pleased with Villa Theia. The hardest work was the garden, which because of the poor clay soil, we had to bring in loads of topsoil before we could sow grass seed & do any planting.
The day we arrived Spiros threw a party for us & everyone who has worked on the villa.  Yes, there were two lambs, but luckily already cooked.  We had a great afternoon.

I see I've got a lot of catching up to do, but I really must unpack the suitcases first & try to get into some sort of routine again :(

It was nice to meet a few of you. Now I can put a face to a name!
I'll try & post some more pics later - heres one to be going on with. Just one of the beautiful sunsets we watched a couple of weeks ago.

Sara
Villa Theia is available rent. For more details see:-
www.villatheia-corfu.com
www.holidaylettings.co.uk/76640
www.facebook.com/pages/Villa-Theia/191205544226658

Maggie

welcome back Sars. I'm sure you must be very relieved that the house is finished. I bet you really felt at home there. How long til you want to live there, and not have only holidays in it. Should we be taking bets on it?
We had our first holiday in ours last year, and came home and sold everything, so we'll be back there next week. Hopefully we will meet eventually. In the meantime, enjoy your new house as often as you can.

Eileen

Well done Sara and welcome home.

I saw your photos on Holiday Lettings...it's all looking fabulous.

Speak soon...

Eileenxxx
Your holiday deserves a place like this...
www.villalinakis.com

https://twitter.com/VillaLinakis

Villa Linakis on FB

Geoff

Welcome back to the UK Sara.
It was great to meet with you and Gary, and I'm glad that everything went well for you. Spiros really is great isn't he!
I know what you mean about the time passing so quickly - I was only over for 10 days but it was gone in a flash and then it's back to reality. Never mind - now it's not just intangible memories - you now have something really concrete (no pun intended) that is your part of Corfu.
Life will be so much better from now on.
:-)

Home is where the heart is - CORFU :-)

vivian

Hi Sara,
Sorry we didnt get to meet you, you did come up a couple of times but couldn't see you. The villa is very special and the view you have from the balconey must be fantastic as it is while standing on the road outside. Will get to meet you next time I hope. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

justphil

Ah Sara, you're living our dream....

Am sure they are all correct - it won't be long before you never come back. So many congratulations to yous.

Phil