Author Topic: For darts lovers only - Others may be bored to tears.  (Read 351181 times)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Re: For darts lovers only - Others may be bored to tears.
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2008, 10:32:15 PM »

Phil , I'm currently practising with your liver stuck over the treble 20. I haven't hit it yet so luck is on your side.

Riggers
I gave you a clue with my last post.
Negg

Nan
There are some good oldie matches on NUTS TV.
Negg

Offline keefy

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2008, 01:28:48 PM »
What do you folks say to a small type league for the people who visit Arillas say perhaps the fastest finish or highest scores all results to be verified by Eggy these results can be put on the Forum to see who is the Champ. Hope you don't mind me volunteering you Eggy....

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2008, 01:54:17 PM »
Keefy
If that ole sun is shining, and the temps hovering around that magical 29 deg, I don't think many people will want to be throwing darts in the afternoon.
and.... after a very good meal, in the evening, at your choice of Hotel/Taverna, even I would want to sit back and take it easy.

However - on a wet afternoon it could be different. Malibu and Coconut both show good afternoon films. I wonder what it would be like if they had a dartboard.
If they did it then the support would have to follow from all of us.
One day here , one day there , etc.

Tria Adelphia have one planned for next year and Rainbow we all know about.
One evening a week, 4 teams of 3 , representing their Bar playing home and away.
Sounds good fun but much organisation needed.

Lovely dream but loadsa work for Eggy.

This Thursday at the Three W's, Stephanos, will be interesting. We have 20 names down to play now. Could be a long night. Hopefully we will have the company of Jimmy from the "Bow" who will be looking for his 2nd K/O title.
I'm trying to get fit. My legs and arms are like lead at the mo.
Maybe some jogging and press ups? - Gerroff ! - I'm not that keen.
( Next year I may need someone to bring over some little trophies )

Cheers
Negg

Offline keefy

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2008, 02:49:52 PM »
Eggy in the trophies dept it just so happens we have a trophy shop about 1 mile from where I live I'm sure something can be worked out. Now you have said it I think I'll go and get a price list/catalogue leave this one to me...see what I can do.

Offline Timbo

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Lost count of how many visits now! :)
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2008, 09:20:10 PM »
Just been catching up on reading forum posts as I have not been able to get on as often as I would of liked and just come across this post!

Eggy, Fantastic work you have been doing in promoting interest in the great game & just to think this all came about in July, in the Horizon, when you asked if I played, and I replied that was all James & I had been doing when we were up at The Rainbow! It looks like you havent looked back since, good for you mate!

The Grandslam on ITV was an excellent tournament, Wades 9 darter was brilliant and I can't believe he still went on to lose. I did feel sorry for Jenkins last night, but he never really looked like threatening Taylor who was on phenomenal form. Only a few weeks to go before the World Championships start on SKY, that will no doubt keep me out of trouble over Christmas!!

Great thread Neill! :-)

Tim
I always have a great holiday in Arillas.... I wish I could take it up professionally!

Offline jinksy

« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2008, 11:24:13 PM »
well done eggy for promoting darts in arillas, looks like your onto a winner, really looking foreward to june 2009 now and hot darts in hot arillas. give jimmi a nice pat on his back from mr jenkins, and tell him i'm hard at practice for our annual match, once again well done eggy, jinksy

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2008, 11:32:08 PM »
Thanks Timbo - Wegg was glad we can't et ITV4 and only got the highlights on ITV.
Great games.
( Tonight I managed to hit 14 out of 15 darts in the 20's section. Certainly not pro quality )

Jinksy
Jimmy is playing very well indeed and if he is with us at Stephanos on Thursday will be hard to beat. - Unless I get him in the 2nd round, providing I can win the first round.

Negg

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2008, 12:00:07 AM »
Those of you who stay at the Rainbow will know that Jimmy and Spiros are very keen on having snooker tournaments when they have a good crowd of guests in. Not surprisingly they are both rather good at snooker......10 years agao, my then 16 year old daughter decided to enter the competition. I don't think she even knows the rules....

In the first round, she was paired to play Jimmy. An easy win for him I hear you say...however, Lauren was wearing the skimpiest little pink dress with rather a revealing neckline and she managed to lean over the table at just the right angle every time Jimmy was about to take a shot....poor bloke didn't stand a chance and he's never been allowed to forget being beaten by her!!

So negg.....a word of advice for your darts match....turn up in a skimpy pink dress to put Jimmy off and you might win too!!
PS Do mention to him about the snooker!
Sandy x

Offline Timbo

• Lost count of how many visits now! :)
    • Facebook
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2008, 12:05:17 AM »
So negg.....a word of advice for your darts match....turn up in a skimpy pink dress to put Jimmy off and you might win too!!

Ha ha ha! very good Sandy! :-)

Neill, Or I can lend you my shorts that you gave me so much stick for earlier in the year! ;-)
I always have a great holiday in Arillas.... I wish I could take it up professionally!

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2008, 05:40:11 PM »
Last nights darts at the "Three W's" San Stephanos.

( Jimmy from Rainbow couldn't make it but, fortunately, as I hadn't worn my newly bought pink dress the shop took it back )

We had 20 entrants to the K/O and they came from "far afield". Well Pagi, Arillas, and Kavvadades was represented as well as Stephanos, Vatonies,Avliotes and Sidari.

Local man , Manolis , was the first to play and, considering he only picked up "pub" brass darts 3 weeks ago had 9 nine darts at a double before losing.
( His first ever proper game of darts! )

In the 2nd round I was drawn against neighbour, Makis, who was bidding to go one better from his last time runner up position. One to me but hard work!

It seems that Three W's owner, Xrisanthos, has been secretly practising and had a cracker to get into his quarter final, winning through against newcomer Andy.

I played against Andy's wife in my semi final and was just glad she'd forgotten her glasses whilst Paulos, from Arillas was beaten by Mick,Avliotis, to meet me in the final.
( Paulos had taken the scalp of Xrisanthos in the last 8 )

So, Kavaddades vs Avliotis in the final. I'm pleased to say I won 2-0 but was a very lucky man. A good fun evening had by all.
Next one in 2 weeks time but Night Owl on Tuesday where maybe I can get a crack at Jimmy. ( Without the pink dress! )

Cheers All
Negg

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2008, 06:16:20 PM »
Well done Eggy! Please give my love to Jimmy when you see him. What's happened to Spiros? Doesn't he come out to play?
Sandy x

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2008, 06:48:02 PM »
Sandy

Poor ole Spiros has been suffering with this bug that turns men into grumpy.

He was at the Night Owl on K/O  but only to watch. We bumped into him and Jimmy, also at Night Owl, a few evenings later. He still looked a bit rough.
I'm sure he'll be fit enough to beat me soon.
( Maybe the Owl on Tuesday )

Cheers
Negg

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2008, 06:59:43 PM »
So wish we had been there Eggy. Sounds amazing after such a short time to get organised.

We will fly out specially if you wear the pink dress....

love
PhilandJen

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2008, 08:41:17 PM »
Hers 1 for all you dart addicts to get a bit of practice in have fun       
                                        Tony       

http://www.shockwave.com/gamelanding/darts.jsp

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2008, 06:43:34 PM »
Tony - I'm struggling to make this work here but it does look a very interesting game.
( try again a morrow )

Tuesday night sees the next Night Owl K/O folks, when the Three W's winner. aka yours truly, may meet the current Night Owl K/O champion. Dimitirs from Rainbow, who, my spies tell me is playing very well. He's been putting in more home board practice that me as well, so could be a very high pressure game. - For me that is!
Will we meet in the first round or contest the final? - Nail biting stuff eh?
( Should I do a player seeding table - Or shall we just concentrate on a good time? )

Watch this space.

Negg

Booking.com