Author Topic: Arillas elsewhere?  (Read 10323 times)

Offline noel

Arillas elsewhere?
« on: October 27, 2008, 09:25:04 PM »
Hi
My partner & I have visited Arillas for the last 2 summers and will definitely be going back there someday. However there's still 1001 other places to visit in the world. My question is, can anyone recommend any resorts/places elsewhere in the world similar to Arillas (quiet, relaxing, laid back, non commercial, nice beach, no hassle etc etc)
Cheers
Noel

Offline Lindypops

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Arillas elsewhere?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 01:39:40 AM »
Hi. You`ve been  twice, and enjoyed. Try a third time, then decide. The world is your oyster. We`ve been 11 times, and still love it.
Lindypops.

Offline huge*abba*fan

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 08:10:20 AM »
There is a resort in Ibiza (yes, you can get away from it all in Ibiza), called
Puerto San Minguel.

Thomson Holidays have apts called Balanzat apts right on top on the beach - beautiful.  Very laid back.

Lisa

Offline Lisa and Steve

• JustLisa
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2008, 09:20:42 AM »
I have looked at those.Would you recommend.

Offline Jennifer Ferguson

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2008, 12:51:39 PM »
We were at San Miquel a few years ago and it was lovely.We were at the Torremar Apartments which at the time were with Direct Holidays and Airtours.

Offline huge*abba*fan

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2008, 01:08:40 PM »
Yes I would recommend.
Very laid back - new resort.
Beautiful beach.
Only 1 or 2 restuarants, a few supermarkets, a company organising trips around the island, 1 or 2 bars.
I suspect in a few years time, the resort will grow and grow.
Could not fault the apts, however, the apts with a view of the pool were noisey, try asking for a view over the beach.
You will not be disappointed.

Lisa

Offline keefy

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2008, 01:32:03 PM »
Noel I have been to Spain,Holland,Kos,Crete (twice) Corfu for the last 15 years covering most of the island,can there be anywhere better than Arillas well we have been going to Arillas for the last 6 years.....sorry no Arillas cannot be beat, but you can always keep trying...a holiday is a holiday after all

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2008, 11:42:47 PM »
i can remember going to ayia napa 20yrs ago when it was a fishing resort ,,,similllar to arillas now ,,im only 43 now ..says something dos,nt it .......yammas

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2008, 01:26:05 AM »
Having found Arillas, what is the point of us finding somewhere else to make comparisons with? If Jen and me want to live it up we can always go back to the places we've done that in from Torquay to Edinburgh, from Palma Majorca to San Antonio Ibiza, from Nice to Marseille... but we always seem to "live-it-up" plenty in Arillas.

Each to his own. Live and let live.

Phil

Offline keefy

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2008, 10:50:35 AM »
Nice one Phil...."ARILLAS FOREVER"

Offline huge*abba*fan

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2008, 12:30:17 PM »
Another place I would suggest is Cala Galdana Garden Apts in Minorca.  Beautiful bay, apartments based around the waterside, laid back.
Currently these are with Direct Holidays.

Lisa

Offline Shuey

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2008, 02:48:51 PM »
Sorry but i have to disagree with San Miguel.  Admittedly we were not in the appartments but in the fully inclusive hotels.  The beach and sea was lovely but the resort itself was in the back an beyond!

Offline sharonF

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2008, 03:41:59 PM »
Agree with you Phil, have been all over for the last 20 years and nowhere compares to Arillas, why bother going somewhere else and end up saying we should have gone to Arillas, lol. 

It suits everything we want in a holiday, love it.

Sharon x

Offline huge*abba*fan

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2008, 03:54:30 PM »
I suppose if you have found somewhere you are comfortable with and it suits you, then good luck with you.
I just think it there are so many places out there to experience, life is too short.
On the topic of San Miguel, its known what type of resort this place is by the honest facts on Thomsons website reviews and also Trip Advisor.  Its obviously a fairly new resort in terms of holidaymakers and therefore not in the terms of say Es Cana on the same island which I loved the first time round but sadly when returning 2 years ago (whilst staying in San Miguel) its so built up and getting like Blackpool on a good day.
At the end of the day, I suppose it comes down to what you want from a holiday.

Lisa

Offline sharonF

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2008, 04:05:44 PM »
Like I said Lisa, been and experienced other places over a 20 year period, life is too short to waste going somewhere I may not like.

Booking.com