Author Topic: How Cheap can you get to Arillas in 2009!  (Read 20495 times)

Offline Corfusoon

• Helios Court Villa
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
  • Helios Court Arillas Corfu
    • Luxury Villa in Arillas
How Cheap can you get to Arillas in 2009!
« on: October 18, 2008, 07:44:03 PM »
Hi all

I have been musing over all the comments on flight prices versus flight and accommodation prices. It has been floated that in 2009 it may be cheaper to take a package deal including accommodation and then just use the flights and that may be true.

Wouldn’t it be great to beat the bully boy, monolithic holiday firms at their own game!

We live in the west country and in theory could fly from Exeter, Bristol, Cardiff or Gatwick, Luton or Heathrow. 7 of us will travel in May and October so we have a vested interest in getting a good price.

We usually find Gatwick flights best on cost even with parking and hotel costs added rather than regional airports and once suffered being bused to Gatwick anyway when we booked from Bristol.

We choose, normally, to fly independent and have used all the airlines I think. Obviously now we have a villa in Arillas but since we have had children (3 in total) we have always found independent and particularly villa holidays more relaxed and often very competitive with package deals. We dont consider that a holiday isn’t a holiday with 5 in one bedroom!

However I have no axe to grind here other than the keen edge of thrift and the search for empirical evidence to back these claims. My mind is open.

So the purpose of this topic is to monitor the very best deals as you land them, booking early or booking late. Particularly flight prices as you see them and package deals to Corfu that might be more competitive than just the flights.

I am going to hang on booking personally until at least November when the Easyjet prices come out but it would be great to monitor the last minute bargains as you land them throughout the season.

There’s has been a lot of conjecture as to the cheapest means of getting to Arillas and it would be great to get some hard facts in 2009.

Style, Luxury, Tranquillity
Helios Court Villa, Arillas, Corfu.
http://www.corfuvilla.holiday

Offline Corfusoon

• Helios Court Villa
  • Arillas Addict
Re: How Cheap can you get to Arillas in 2009!
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2008, 07:55:06 PM »
My opening gambit is Thompsonfly.com for £175.98 for 2 weeks from 1st May

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2008, 07:59:23 PM »
I posted yesterday - flyThomasCook offered £179 for 2 weeks on June 19th 2009 from Bristol return, which I would have booked immediately, except we hope to do a "one-way" in early July. You can always find somewhere to stay in Arillas - for us a tent on the beach would do.

Phil

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2008, 01:03:51 AM »
We will do the same as you Corfusoon as living near Gatwick we just have to take advantage of the cheaper EJ deals... be stupid not to I think... I cant believe some of the prices some have already paid for their flights... its a total rip off!
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2008, 02:35:14 AM »
Talk about rip off bg, we were quoted between £35/£42 to Man Air.
Lindypops.

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2008, 01:21:26 PM »
you cant put a price on heaven................yammas

Offline Corfusoon

• Helios Court Villa
  • Arillas Addict
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2008, 01:24:50 PM »
Somewhat my sentiment but for the purpose of managing this squeeze lets say you can.

Thats a good price from Bristol in June but I bet we will do better later on. Please keep it coming in and down.

Regards

Marymary

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2008, 01:54:32 PM »
I found a flight with Thomson fly for £274 in May, which I didn't think was that bad considering it was from Newcastle Airport, and for anyone who fancies a  very mini holiday from tomorrow , returning on Friday £42. I'm hoping with oil prices now down a bit  maybe there will be more reasonably priced flights

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2008, 03:08:33 PM »
Have you packed your bags for tomorrow yet Mary??? If we were near Newcastle we'd be off like a shot!

Phil

Marymary

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2008, 03:13:40 PM »
I wish Phil if I had some holidays left to take I think I would be very tempted - and I'd get to do my solo stint , which due to a change ( or change back ) in my circumstances I missed out in May. I'd love to see Arillas as it winds down for winter.

Love
Mary

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2008, 09:10:57 PM »
I worry that as soon as EJ prices come out there will be a massive stampede from Arillas.com'ers as we all desperateely try to bag a bargain! I am thinking that that is our only option for next year, despite the journey from Lancashire.

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2008, 09:21:27 PM »
As we live near Gatwick (5 mins away)  just think how much I could make in airport parking and B & B overnight stays if we had the space!!!
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Corfusoon

• Helios Court Villa
  • Arillas Addict
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2008, 11:47:07 AM »
It might just be worth paying out for the extention!!!! I'm sre that there would be liots of takers!!
Will you take 4 adults and 3 children????

regards Mandy

Offline martin-w

• Forum Fanatic
  • Arillas, my second home!
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2008, 01:28:35 PM »
Hi All!
I have started to price flights for May next year. To date Thomsonfly from CardiffCWL to Corfu on 8th. May for two weeks is £345 return. Thats £100 up on last year! Do prices come down after the initial listing? I do hope so as this 'regional' airport surcharging is a huge rip off. I don't understand the logic or the reason for it. Can someone explain?
Yammas,
Martin.

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2008, 03:36:52 PM »
I reckon there will be a huge demand for the Easyjet flights this year when theyre released, i know im waiting anxiously for them, ive signed up for the email alerts so hopefully i should get wind of the release dates for the flights just before they go on sale.

If not im sure someone on here will hear the date and tell us all!!

Booking.com