Author Topic: Indepentently or Package?  (Read 184803 times)

Offline coys

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
Re: Indepentently or Package?
« Reply #195 on: January 09, 2016, 10:02:28 PM »
Mirage is almost on the beach, large pool big studios and close to the centre.

Offline Ron and Sue

• Arillas regular visitor
« Reply #196 on: January 10, 2016, 11:03:48 AM »
Would definitely say Mirage.Both Kaloudis and Bardis are slightly uphill .Mirage is much nearer the centre of the village.Only trouble is that Mirage gets booked up very quickly.Have a great holiday wherever you stay       Ron.

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #197 on: January 10, 2016, 05:28:14 PM »

If you don't need a pool check out Alex Studios, they are  very good with beautiful gardens and almost on the beach. Another advantage is Sharon's Pool just yards away.

You can view the apartments on Booking.com. although we haven't stayed the we have friends who do.

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #198 on: January 10, 2016, 09:07:46 PM »
I always thought of Mirage as the "posh folk's" place. It always looks so good - an oasis of palm trees and opposite the beach, a paradise in its own right. Buffed people wallowing in the sun on full display as you walk down the road. Millionaire's row....

But then I visited and met Nikos and Angela and came back down to earth. A mirage it is not- it is real. No wonder it is so popular. And Vangelis, their hard working chef produces incredibly tasty food. Another reason this sad old man and his equally sad old wife keep coming back to Arillas.

Phil

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #199 on: January 13, 2016, 11:30:52 PM »
Great red wine at the Mirage too!

Suzy x

Offline MicK-G

« Reply #200 on: May 31, 2016, 11:56:00 PM »
We have done both the package and the independent holiday to Arillas. This year we have done a package deal and it has worked out really good value, better than independent booking. This year is probably the last time that we all come away together as a family as my son is twenty and our daughter 18. I think that when we come again my wife and I will travel out of season and independently.

Offline ness44

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #201 on: June 01, 2016, 10:39:00 AM »
We normally do package but as the prices were too high we went independely which saved us about £400. Strange how it works out different for every one. This is the first time not doing package so hopefully all goes smooth

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #202 on: June 01, 2016, 10:45:01 AM »
Mick I wouldn't bet on this being the last family Holiday. Lewis is 21 and has joined us for the last two years. Also on a more personal note I have just read your blog and am delighted that you have come out of the other side with your health issues. Roll on Arillas, just the tonic you need I reckon X

Offline indigo648

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #203 on: June 01, 2016, 10:52:52 AM »
We did independent for the first time May and it spoilt us arriving on a day that was not busy with package flights and had a lovely time at the Mirage would definitely do it again unfortunately our nearest airport only do package flights and flights only are very expensive .

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #204 on: June 01, 2016, 02:10:22 PM »
We now always go independent as we want to stay at Bardis Sun Studios and they are independent. I am not sure how it works out with price and whether cheaper or not. Have done package holidays in the past. Probably like all, if not most hosts,  the Bardis family make it all so easy for us ie arranging taxi transfers from the airport etc. I don't really care if it works out more - (I doubt it does though) as I am getting the exact holiday that I want.

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #205 on: June 01, 2016, 02:20:40 PM »
......Got me thinking this so I have worked it out. Flights, accommodation and taxi transfers will work out on our  independent holiday at approx £450 each for 2 weeks. That does not include aircon but most package deals don't include aircon. I think that is really cheap  isn't it, especially for end of June/beg of July.

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #206 on: June 01, 2016, 02:41:32 PM »
Not sure if it is or not but as a rule I have always found June holidays to be a little cheaper as there are no school holidays . Also depends where you're flying from and flight times etc etc ........
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #207 on: June 01, 2016, 05:25:45 PM »
We usually go around the 20th June, but this year we are going 24th July and the flights are a lot more expensive, even with booking on Easyjet when the flight details were released. Hopefully back to June next year. Our September flights for this year were very good prices. We went to Arillas with Libra holidays for our first visit in 1997, but since then we have always gone independent. I think the thought of every euro you spend, except for flights,  going  into the local economy makes you feel good, and its even better now we can drink Corfu beer. I remember Stella from Alex's Supermarket telling me that the travel companies were paying owners around €6 per night, and they had a job to make any money. By paying directly to the owners you help them to improve their facilities which gets more them business ( I think the Mirage is a great example). Lastly, isn't it nice to deal with families who pass the businesses down to later generations. This contributes to the magic of Arillas.

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #208 on: June 01, 2016, 06:13:20 PM »
You have dropped into the school holidays there Terry and that's why its more expensive .......
Welcome to my world !!!!   lol
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #209 on: June 01, 2016, 08:40:05 PM »
Couldn't agree more Terry.

Booking.com