Author Topic: Indepentently or Package?  (Read 184113 times)

Offline gaye

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
Re: Indepentently or Package?
« Reply #180 on: August 18, 2013, 05:19:33 PM »
When does ej publish summer 2014 flights?
gaygo

Offline Karen/Colin

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #181 on: August 19, 2013, 03:29:11 PM »
Thanks for that kevin.g. getting a bit twitchy as no firm booking yet for Arillas 2014!
Karen

Offline daisyday

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #182 on: August 19, 2013, 03:31:23 PM »
Think it depends when you want to go Karen/Gaye - last year we booked Gatwick to Corfu for 7th Sept 2013 in around Oct 2012 (as soon as summer flights were released) but the return flights weren't available to book until Dec.

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #183 on: August 20, 2013, 12:17:46 AM »
Yes Gaye, last year we booked in Oct on the day they were released. What a stress-fest that usually is haha!

Offline b.dunkerley

« Reply #184 on: August 21, 2013, 03:39:47 PM »
For a number of years we have been to Arillas on a package. This year we booked everything independently. We flew with Thomas Cook, as they were one of the cheapest. Booked our accomodation at the Mirage, with Nikos. (For the 4th year running) Hired a Car for the 2 weeks via the Internet. As usual had a great time, and may have found the right anti-mozzy spray, which is a bonus. We have booked the accomodation at the Mirage for next year and looking forward to it already. Keep looking on the websites for flight prices though, as they constantly change.

Offline daisyday

« Reply #185 on: August 21, 2013, 03:42:39 PM »
We found the trouble with booking say Thomas Cook flights is that they still only fly on a Monday or Friday and therefore if we want 2 weeks holiday it takes my husband into a third week, and then he has to go up a level in permissions for approving his holiday.... by booking Easyjet they fly every day and we can pick Saturday so our 2 weeks doesn't encroach into a third week.  But I know not everyone has the same problems as us!

Offline julied

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #186 on: August 21, 2013, 04:48:29 PM »
hi daisyday

I have the same problem as your husband. I dont get many holidays as it is and I have to have 5 days at christmas when I really dont want them. The only way I can do this without going into a third week is going when there is a bank holiday so that I will only use 9 days.
Going on Monay cant wait

Offline daisyday

« Reply #187 on: August 21, 2013, 04:55:13 PM »
Have a fantastic time Julie - not sure whether we overlap as we arrive on 7th Sept!  Where are you staying?

Offline julied

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #188 on: August 21, 2013, 05:05:09 PM »
daisyday

I feel a bit of a traitor we are actually staying at San Stephanos this time at the Romanza Hotel but we will be having plenty of visits to Arillas

Offline daisyday

« Reply #189 on: August 21, 2013, 05:23:08 PM »
Well have a great time - we walk to San Steph quite a lot so you never know!

Offline jeffers

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #190 on: January 08, 2016, 05:00:44 PM »
We are looking to go to Arillas in September looking for somewhere near the centre or beach as I cant walk to far at the moment . Any help would be very helpful please.  We have Been to the horizon hotel before but would like to try somewhere else
    Thanks   jeffers
Corfu island is a wonderful place full of lovely people.  if only the whole world was like Corfu it would be a much better place

Offline patrickjohn

• Lincolnshire Yellow Belly
  • ARILLIAC
  • PJM
« Reply #191 on: January 08, 2016, 07:06:03 PM »
Hi Jeffers - Julia and I have stayed at the Kaloudis Village for years.  Its right on the front (at the North End) and has everything you might need.  Pool, bar, restaurant, minimarket and good accomodation.  Have stayed at the Horizon ourselves but now always book for the Kaloudis (Thomsons do a package).  Hope this is helpful.  Regards, Pat.

My book"A Policemance Tale" at Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B8BD9MWM

Offline jeffers

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #192 on: January 09, 2016, 11:01:03 AM »
Thank you Pat
  I have just looked at the complex and it looks lovely and not to far from the beach and centre of the village
  Many thanks. Jeff

Corfu island is a wonderful place full of lovely people.  if only the whole world was like Corfu it would be a much better place

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #193 on: January 09, 2016, 04:56:27 PM »
Bardis Hotel and Bardis Sun are close to the beach .....
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #194 on: January 09, 2016, 09:28:28 PM »
Being the official "travel agent" (as Bobby has named me) for Bardis Sun Studios obviously I recommend them. Roll on some more commission in the form of Retsina.

Booking.com