Author Topic: Food and drink prices?  (Read 8889 times)

Offline stu

Food and drink prices?
« on: July 08, 2008, 12:00:05 AM »
Hi
Can anyone please advise what approx cost of meals and drinks are at the moment in Arillas.
Usually like to eat at Arillas Inn, Costas otb and brouklis to name a few...
also what the average for a bottle of Mythos? glass of wine? glass of Vodka etc..

& does ATM take a maestro card?

cheers
Stu

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
Re: Food and drink prices?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 02:43:28 AM »
I don't think prices have gone up since last year....it's just that our £ are not going as far. Not an expert on all the tavernas...a special at Brouklis is about 8 euros I think. Can't comment on mythos - don't drink it.....but vodka is about 3.50 euros. I have a feeling beers are about 3 but others will be better able to advise you. The most I paid for a meal for myself was about 15 euros..... including my bottle of retsina.....Arilla Inn is still not open and doesn't look likely to this year.
Sandy x

Offline SteveL

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 09:50:35 AM »
Hi Stu

Just back from Arillas where we noticed prices had risen a bit since our last visit 2 years ago.  A large draught beer (depending on brand and bar) is 2.50 to 3 euros.  Cocktails and spirits around 4 euros although some places do a "happy hour" when prices are a bit lower.
On average we paid around 30 euros for a meal for 2 (incl wine).  "Special" meals are around the 8 euros mark, but obviously varies from place to place and some include 2 courses, some 3.  Over the course of the 2 weeks we reckoned on spending 25% more than we did 2 years ago for a similar sort of holiday.
Hope this helps.

Steve

Offline Cheryl2307

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 11:55:47 AM »
The average prices quoted don't sound any different though to a couple of years ago, I think it's as Sandy advises, the exchange rate that's making the difference.  It's nearly my turn ......... my bar bills will be cheaper this year as the daughter is staying at home but Malibu's profits will suffer!!
Cheryl O

Offline graham

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2008, 12:35:53 PM »
It sounds as though drinking wine could work out a lot cheaper than beer, no problem, I'm not proud!
A woman has the last word in any argument, anything a man says after that is the start of a new argument!

Offline willis

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2008, 03:02:24 PM »
I think the food at the Horizon was actually cheaper in terms of Euros than it was last year, as a response to the exchange rate.
Nick

Offline stu

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2008, 08:59:24 PM »
Thanks for replies..
Prices sound similar to they have been before, so no problem there...!
just that blooming pound against the euro..! wont spoil my hols though..!

Shame about Arillas inn anybody know why its closed?

Offline biglee

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
    • clements locksmiths
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2008, 04:21:46 AM »
i am glad this was brought up
as iwas concerned about the prices but it seems arrilas businesses are being sensible. no point in pricing your self out of the market. and its quite right our pound against the euro is pants.

took the kids to euro disney at easter and stoped in a disney hotel (a right mickey mouse place) 10.36 euro a pint i couldnt catch me breath.
I LOVE ARILLAS IT'S GODS LITTLE ACRE.

DONT ASK FOR CHANGE IT'S PERFECT THE WAY IT Is

Offline Baldy Barry

• Forum Fanatic
    • myspace.com
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2008, 09:53:00 AM »
10.36 for a pint !!
EEEEK !!!
Hope I don't burn !

Offline Cheryl2307

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2008, 09:59:08 AM »
Some places really do have a cheek, don't they?  Bet you didn't have many, biglee!
Cheryl O

Offline kriopigi girl

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2008, 12:04:49 PM »

I did not find the prices had risen at all. As mentioned some of the tavernas have dropped their prices as far as I could tell.

If on a budget  I don't think you could go far wrong by eating at Captains, Graziella, Vavallis. They are all very good and have daily special set menus, priced at 6-10 euros for usually 3 courses.

As far as drinks go beers 2-3 euros wine 5-9 euros (large jug) spirits/ cocktails 3-5 euros. Plus you can always have a tipple on your balcony bar!!!!!!!!

Pauline x

Nan

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2008, 12:29:33 PM »
Thanks for the places and prices info. Was wondering about nearest supermarkets/shops to Mathraki studios had a little look on the map and I see there are two. Are they different at all and which ones would you recommend for those little essentials? see also a little market shop on the corner opposite studios?

riggers

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2008, 07:38:34 PM »
Yes i found everything reasonable too except a bottle of Magners at Kaloudis (6 euros). Shame about that exchange rate.

riggers...

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2008, 07:44:35 PM »
Hi Nan

Its like anywhere, if you shop at prime location shops IE: on the front, you will pay more than ones off the beaten track.  Saying that, we have always found them to be much of a muchness.  The one next to the bakery seems very reasonable but we have spread our euro's around all of them over the years and cant remember ever feeling like we had been hard done by. Just this rip off country that you encounter that!!

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2008, 11:48:48 PM »
If that supermarket is almost opposite the boutique it had some cheap booze out the back.. the whole place looks a bit like a store room so dont let it put you off, you might find some bargains there, albeit a bit dusty!  Its probably not used as much as the other places :-)
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Booking.com