Author Topic: Food and drink prices?  (Read 8890 times)

Offline Fiona

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
Re: Food and drink prices?
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2008, 04:17:32 PM »
While in Arillas last month, we decided to have a DIY meal on our balcony at Irene Villas due to having various things in the fridge that needed eating!!
We went to Alex's Supermarket to get the finishing touches and found a bottle of Greek red wine for only €2.80 which we really enjoyed!  Bargain!

Fiona

Nan

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2008, 07:38:15 PM »
Hi Jo
Thanks for the info it will be nice to go and have a little scout around and if the Greek wine is as cheap as a few euros a bottle I will be dusting off quite a few! The bakery sounds really good aswell I really love the fact that you can have fresh bread everyday. We are so used to sticking it all in the freezer. I just hope Eileen leaves some choccie croisants for the rest of us ;-) cheers Nan x

riggers

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2008, 07:49:36 PM »
Mmmmmmm that Bread is delicious.  The best i have ever tasted.  :)

riggers..

Offline Mike and Debbie

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2008, 07:53:03 PM »
Fiona, do you remember the name of the red wine, i love a glass or six of the red stuff.
Thanks
Mike
[link=http://www.caribbeanmag.com/cd/vc/][image noborder]http://www.caribbeanmag.com/cd/Corfu/200807281230_101.gif[/image][/link][link=http://www.caribbeanmag.com/member/tips/home/15/Bahamas.html]Bahamas Trip Reports[/link]

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2008, 01:34:40 AM »
mmm...Those chocolate croissants are absolutely lush, especially when they are still warm and the chocolate is slightly melted..one tip is to get there early though if you want croissants as these seem the first to go, which means that you are then forced to buy one of their cream cakes..

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2008, 02:16:34 AM »
You can get one and a half litres of retsina in the supermarkets for only 3.30 euros.....I always have some in the fridge there and bring one back with me.
Sandy x

Offline Fiona

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2008, 04:19:36 PM »
Hi Mike

No sorry, don't remember the name, but that's perhaps because the label was in Greek!!  If you walk down the left-hand side of Alex's supermarket it's near the end about my chin level (I'm 5'5"!!).  Just look at the tops of all the bottles - you never know, there might be lots at that price!
Fiona

Offline ger

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2008, 04:29:40 PM »
we ate out every night for the 2 weeks we were there. we mostly had a starter and main and caraffe of wine or a couple of pints mythos and the average was 26euros
the gratzella do a special 3 course meal for 9euros, which is an absolute bargain, and the food is delicious too!
ger x

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2008, 04:37:09 PM »
I think we paid about that price for a very, very large bottle of white wine, green bottle, greek lady on the front with Hellenic white wine (could apply to most I suppose) from Inas supermarket... very very drinkable when its straight out of the fridge!  Lynda and I (Mike drank mythos) got through about 3 of those in two weeks... we loved it!  Hic!  (but we didnt drink much elsewhere unless it was a g & t or a cocktail, trying to redeem myself here!)
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2008, 04:38:41 PM »
Only three Blondegirl??
Sandy x

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2008, 04:39:42 PM »
he he he!
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Booking.com