Author Topic: Portofino  (Read 28270 times)

Offline Melissa_x

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
Portofino
« on: July 01, 2008, 04:54:29 PM »
Has anybody stayed at Portofino before? Its on the sea front, the restaurant is great but there was no room at Kaloudis this time so we have to stay there. I just wondered if the appartments are okay? Thanks
TOO excited for my long awaited return to Arillas - Sept 2016!! :-D

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Portofino
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 06:48:03 PM »
Melissa

Not stayed there but I do know that owner, Spiros, was putting in a great deal of overtime, during the winter, preparing all his rooms.
I think they are all studio appts with a fridge and kettle but no cooking facilities.
The studios, above the restaurant, on the left and front have sea veiws.

I know Joe has stayed there so heres hoping he picks up this thread.
( I can get a contact e-mail for you if you need to ask them any questions )
Cheers
Negg

Offline Melissa_x

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 09:12:58 PM »
Thanks I met Spiro last year when I went for my 1st time hes great! My boyfriends family have been going for years so they know him well. Thanks for your help anyway! 10 days to gooo! :D

riggers

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 09:20:18 PM »
Spiros is Roulas cousin from the Kaloudis. So if that is anything to go by the rooms will be spotless. The restaurant is.

riggers.....

Offline Melissa_x

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2008, 09:35:46 PM »
Yeah I thought they had something to do with eachother. Is it Roulas husband that works at Kaloudis? Hes kinda moody and nags allot. :)

riggers

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2008, 09:43:21 PM »
Roula and her husband (Christos) run the bottom half including the shop. I think you might mean Billy who does the top half including the pool. Don't really know who owns what. Hmmm confusing myself now.

riggers....

Offline Melissa_x

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2008, 09:47:19 PM »
No its not Billy who owns it or Billy at the bar. Its a tallish man who doesnt say much he isnt chatty like everyone else there. Do you know if Jimmy still works at the bar? He asked my boyfriend to buy him a snooker cue and take it over for him this year, I wondered if hes still around?

riggers

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2008, 09:56:31 PM »
The quiet one is Roulas husband (Christos). Yes Jimmy is still there, well he was last week, so you had better pack a snooker cue.  :)

riggers......

Offline Melissa_x

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2008, 09:57:48 PM »
Yay! Bless him hes lovely :D Cant wait to see him!

Offline Mick and Jill

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2008, 10:21:39 PM »
Hi we always stay with Spiro he's like part of our family. My daughter stayed with him and Helen for the full season a couple of years ago.  The rooms are spotless but basic.  Each room has a fridge but thats basically it but then again who wants to cook on holiday when you have the restaurant downstairs.  He has fitted air con for this season also. Got to admit that sitting on the balcony watching the sunsets is fantastic.  Spiro will gladly show you around the rooms but 1 word of advise if you book make sure you see him write it in his diary as he is quite forgetful bless him

Jill
Jill XXX

Offline Melissa_x

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2008, 10:30:18 PM »
They do have showers and plug sockets dont they?? Please say yesss!

riggers

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2008, 10:47:02 PM »
I should think so Melissa, but if not there's always the Sea. That will sort the shower problem out.  :)

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2008, 11:22:41 PM »
They may be basic, but nowhere has no shower, I think. Ha Ha Ha riggers - to be honest, from the Kaloudis I probably would go and bathe in the sea for preference. might even take my rubber duck....

lol
phil

Offline Mick and Jill

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2008, 11:45:26 PM »
Ha ha yes they have showers but if you ask Spiro I'm sure he would put the hose on you in the back garden.  Plenty of sockets also there and believe it or not coat hangers ha ha ha
Jill XXX

Offline Melissa_x

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2008, 11:52:24 PM »
I was more worried about the plug sockets to be honest, just bought a pair of 130 pound straightners to use on holiday today! Hope we get one of the front rooms. Thats if, like you said, he wrote us down in his diary, afterall, it was just a phone call a few months ago. Maybe we'll be camping on the beach :D

Booking.com