Author Topic: Portofino  (Read 28307 times)

Offline Melissa_x

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
Re: Portofino
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2008, 02:30:15 PM »
Well we got back from Arillas on 25th July and stayed at Portofino for 2 weeks and it was great. We were in room number 4 on the left hand side so had a great view of the beach - theres nothing like waking up in the morning and hearing the waves. The room was clean and just what we needed - we dont do cooking! We only discovered that there was free air conditioning about 5 days into the holiday on one windy day when we shut the balcony door and it came on! Tut! The cleaner was lovely and didnt bother us when we wanted a lie in! And Spiro is just Spiro bless him! Would deffinately stay there again - 340 pounds for 2 weeks! Im booking for next year :D
TOO excited for my long awaited return to Arillas - Sept 2016!! :-D

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2008, 06:37:42 PM »
We didn't stay at Portofino but had the most fantastic meal there one evening. Their take on my favourite meat dish (Stamna) is amazingly good. I ate every crumb which is going some with the generous size of it. Would recommend to anyone.

Phil

Offline MicK-G

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2008, 08:35:45 PM »
We ate at the portofino last year, the meal was excellent but they were short staffed so the meal took a long time, I mean a long time even by Greek standards. was the service okay?

riggers

« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2008, 08:45:00 PM »
We ate there twice this year. The food was delicious and the service excellent.

riggers..

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2008, 09:28:57 PM »
Ours was outstanding. Perhaps we were little tarts and talked about Arillas a lot so got everyone onside? They didn't know us at all.

The service was special, the food was even better. Agree with riggers - excellent. And repeat - their stamna is to die for....

Phil

Offline Mick and Jill

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2008, 11:21:30 PM »
Spiro is an excellent host and an amazing friend, he is like part of our family.  Think he has organised the kitchen better this year, he is a soft Dad and the family sometimes took advantage of this like all children do, the children are all in New York this season.  Hopefully Vicky willbe back to help him next year. 

Glad you enjoyed it Melissa, any  news on the work front for next year.

Jill
Jill XXX

Offline ash-wolves

• www.myspace.com/ash_wolves89
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2008, 11:54:24 PM »
ill keep it short.
;)

portofino
klefitiko lamb,
to die for!

mmmmmm

ash x
Live

The

Dream ! ! !

Offline Mick and Jill

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2008, 12:26:25 AM »
Got to admit thats my favourite as well although Spiro does do a mean roast lamb on request.  We had enough to feed an army.   Does anyone know if he has found out how to make yorkshire puddings on a sunday yet.  One year I got a phone call just before we were due to go over, had to take Bero flour and lard over with us but it still didn't make any difference.  He gets so frustrated about it and so did Helen his wife ha ha ha

Jill
Jill XXX

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2008, 12:40:38 AM »
Ha Ha Jill

Is he looking for someone who can cook a good Yorkshire pudding? I've retired and am looking for work like that. I make a wicked, proper yorkshire pudding, even though I'm from down south and Kent etc. I just can't imagine Klefitko with Yorkshire Pudding! but guess I could eat that....

My CV is available on request....
lol
Phil

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2008, 12:41:09 AM »
Three visits in the last two weeks,
Love the portofino Kleftiko my favourite but the Stamna,The bowl had to be licked clean, Pictures to prove it will post that when I have loaded the picks.

Offline Mick and Jill

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2008, 01:02:26 AM »
Justphil send the CV.  We always laughed as soon as we would come down stairs on a Sunday we had to sample all the experimental yorkshire puds, Helen's always tasted as if they had sugar in them they tasted sweet.   By late morning we were sick of the sight of them.  I was suprised mind that the lard didn't melt ha ha ha
Jill XXX

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2008, 01:25:29 AM »
Jill luvver

We eat all sorts here. Today we made stamna and Jen and me largely eat Greek and mostly because that is what I cook. Surprised? It was fantastic, just like Portofino (well I try.....)

And John, kleftiko is on my list....

Thanks both
love
Phil

Offline Melissa_x

« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2008, 01:27:58 PM »
Not really Jill, but I know I deffinately want to move over there more than ever now! Or maybe I just want to go anywhere to get away from here? They need a cleaner at Kaloudis - and Im considering it! I think I'll leave it till next year though and go early on for just a week or something, and try and find something then, then go back later on. It seems a waste of time going over there now seeing hows most places shut over the winter but I still deffinately want to do it!

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2008, 03:33:18 PM »
Nice to hear you had a good time Melissa :)

I just love the Whitebait with Salad in Portofino and their Portofino Omelette made Heidi and I very happy few lunch times with lashings of Royal Ionian of course :D
Life is good ;)

Offline Melissa_x

« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2008, 03:36:24 PM »
Nonono - their chicken kebab! And a mixed ice cream to finish it off ;)

Booking.com